Hey Ken, tell me if it's worth trying!

Started by gitfiddl, 05/13/2014 02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Kelley

Quotentanner - 5/14/2014  1:25 AM

Would it be easier to make a lip out of some 1/4 round that was attached to the lid and set down into the bench when the lid was closed? If they fit snug against the sides that should make decent seal.

Ummm...no. It don't work that way with impromptu humidors. The level of precision needed to make this method work is a little bit beyond  casual woodworkers. Angles of closure come into mind and that is a very critical fit to achieve a good seal because the lid is dynamic. It opens and closes. There has to be clearance for that to happen and the clearance can let humidity escape if everything is not just so. Far better to go with an impermeable seal of some kind.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

DonM

QuoteKen Kelley - 5/14/2014  10:51 AM

Quotegitfiddl - 5/13/2014  10:07 PM

I see how it is.  I ask a serious question and a couple of old farts make me the butt of their jokes...

:shades:

Yeah, but we are SERIOUS old farts with time on our hands. Can you blame us if you tee up the ball so perfectly just waiting for a hit?  :biggrin:

And.........it is a home run!  :biggrin:

"The Curmudgeon"

gitfiddl

QuoteDonM - 5/14/2014  2:50 PM

QuoteKen Kelley - 5/14/2014  10:51 AM

Quotegitfiddl - 5/13/2014  10:07 PM

I see how it is.  I ask a serious question and a couple of old farts make me the butt of their jokes...

:shades:

Yeah, but we are SERIOUS old farts with time on our hands. Can you blame us if you tee up the ball so perfectly just waiting for a hit?  :biggrin:

And.........it is a home run!  :biggrin:

Y'all know me too well...

:biggrin:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.