Watch your P and Q's!

Started by gitfiddl, 05/17/2014 04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StogieDad

QuoteVroomp - 5/20/2014  4:17 PM

Hope you don't end up with a box full of Pirate's Gold and Quorums, or was that the idea? :?:

:biggrin:

Shh Brad.  This is where I was dumping those and my Phillies :biggrin:
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

goathead

Does the cigar maker have to start p or a q or can the cigar line start with a P or Q or can it be both

goathead

IE don Diego is the maker but the line is playboy

gitfiddl

Quotegoathead - 5/20/2014  3:35 PM

Does the cigar maker have to start p or a q or can the cigar line start with a P or Q or can it be both

As long as the blender's name (ie Don Pepin Garcia), the cigar line (ie Punch), even just the cigar name (ie Alec Bradley Tempus Quadrum) has a word that starts with a P or Q, it's good.

And of course, the basic rules of pass etiquette apply.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

goathead

Well that opens it up a bit thanks, a lot to choose from now :)

gitfiddl

Quotegoathead - 5/20/2014  4:43 PM

Somewhere I saw a list of what Manuel Quesada puts out from MATASA, but I can't seem to find it now.  

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

nwb

Quotegitfiddl - 5/20/2014  4:53 PM
Quotegoathead - 5/20/2014  4:43 PM

Somewhere I saw a list of what Manuel Quesada puts out from MATASA, but I can't seem to find it now.  

This may not be it, but:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MATASA
Chief of Shaft

bmac7754

Quotegitfiddl - 5/20/2014  5:25 PM  
Quotegoathead - 5/20/2014  3:35 PM  Does the cigar maker have to start p or a q or can the cigar line start with a P or Q or can it be both
As long as the blender's name (ie Don Pepin Garcia), the cigar line (ie Punch), even just the cigar name (ie Alec Bradley Tempus Quadrum) has a word that starts with a P or Q, it's good.  And of course, the basic rules of pass etiquette apply.  
This will make it alot easier.  I was thinking the brand had to start with P & Q.  Q would be a tough one.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

cigarzinn

Thanks for letting me in the pass!

gitfiddl

There's still room for a couple more if anybody else is interested.

gitfiddl

I've set the pass order, folks.  Let me know if there are any issues.  I got caught up in life and recovery from an epic weekend.  I'll get the sticks together and get this started hopefully before the week ends.  Thanks in advance to the participants.  Let's have some fun.  

StogieDad

Sweet, looking forward to this one!!!!  Thanks for running this baby.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

gitfiddl

QuoteStogieDad - 5/28/2014  4:41 PM

It looks like my sons have made off with my Fonsecas!  There goes that Quesada smoke...

hebron

Quotegitfiddl - 5/28/2014  11:20 PM

QuoteStogieDad - 5/28/2014  4:41 PM

It looks like my sons have made off with my Fonsecas!  There goes that Quesada smoke...
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

sauraspop

Quotegitfiddl - 5/28/2014  4:20 PM  
QuoteStogieDad - 5/28/2014  4:41 PM  Sweet, looking forward to this one!!!!  Thanks for running this baby.

And I was looking to grab a Quesada being as I am first in line. Go get 'em back! 

Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

05Venturer

Quotegitfiddl - 5/28/2014  3:39 PM

I've set the pass order, folks.  Let me know if there are any issues.  I got caught up in life and recovery from an epic weekend.  I'll get the sticks together and get this started hopefully before the week ends.  Thanks in advance to the participants.  Let's have some fun.  

Dave are you having a tough time finding the correct size container for the pass??? :lmao:  :lmao:  :angel:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

sauraspop

Quote05Venturer - 6/3/2014  8:11 AM  
Quotegitfiddl - 5/28/2014  3:39 PM  I've set the pass order, folks.  Let me know if there are any issues.  I got caught up in life and recovery from an epic weekend.  I'll get the sticks together and get this started hopefully before the week ends.  Thanks in advance to the participants.  Let's have some fun.    
Dave are you having a tough time finding the correct size container for the pass??? :lmao:  :lmao:  :angel:

I've been wondering the same thing  :?:

Sammy - Semper Vigilis

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

gitfiddl

Quotesauraspop - 6/3/2014  10:56 AM

Quote05Venturer - 6/3/2014  8:11 AM  
Quotegitfiddl - 5/28/2014  3:39 PM  I've set the pass order, folks.  Let me know if there are any issues.  I got caught up in life and recovery from an epic weekend.  I'll get the sticks together and get this started hopefully before the week ends.  Thanks in advance to the participants.  Let's have some fun.    

I've been wondering the same thing  :?:

Sorry, guys, for the delay.  I got busy arguing, and actually, I was waiting to hear from my son about the cigars he made off with.  My humblest apologies.

sauraspop

Your forgiven. Get the cigars back?
Sammy - Semper Vigilis

gitfiddl

Quotesauraspop - 6/4/2014  6:29 PM

Your forgiven. Get the cigars back?

No, dammitalltohell!  But I've still got some unbanded Fonseca 2011 overruns and some other unbanded Quesadas that I'll throw in the box.  I'm pretty sure I've got enough to where everyone can take one on me without having to make a "put" in exchange.

gitfiddl

My sincerest apologies, gentlemen, for the delays in getting this one off the ground.  I hope everyone is still in.  I've got it packed and ready to ship tonight if this thunderstorm blows through.  I hope I've got enough variety in the starters to make it interesting.  Like I said at the start, as long as there is a capital P or Q in the blender's name (or well-known nickname), the brand's name, or the name of the individual cigar, it's all good.  And if the box sits on your desk for a day or two, I'm not gonna make a big deal about it.  Trust me, I know how life is.

Since my Fonsecas disappeared (something about a wedding of a friend who's last name is Fernandez and a son of mine thought the "F" was appropriate), I have put enough Fonseca 2011 overruns for each to take one.  I'm also tossing in a couple of JetLites.  If anyone needs a torch, grab one.  They'll burn any butane you feed them.

Thanks again for playing!

sauraspop

Dave, I checked your tracking number and it says "unfounded". See if you entered right. Thanks!
Sammy - Semper Vigilis

StogieDad

Looks good brother, looking forward to it!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

gitfiddl

Quotesauraspop - 6/10/2014  6:25 PM

Dave, I checked your tracking number and it says "unfounded". See if you entered right. Thanks!

I'll check!

gitfiddl

Try this tracking #:  9505 5000 1644 4159 0000 51

Sorry!  Since I've stopped playing keyboards in our band for a bit, my dexterity is a little off.  :shamebag:

And for those worried about container size and whatnot  :shades:, I "nested" the Glad container with the cigars in another Glad container, should the pass outgrow the first.  I did a test-fit and both will fit in the box...

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.