bstessl

Quotenirab - 5/28/2014  10:30 AM

GO KINGS!!!!    :lmao:

Dammit Nirab...
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

05Venturer

QuoteBrlesq - 5/28/2014  7:13 AM

QuoteThinBlueLine - 5/27/2014  7:00 PM

QuoteKen Kelley - 5/27/2014  1:37 PM  Hmmm...does this incidate that the home page may soon be cleared of bombing debris so that more interesting things may be attached thereto? :biggrin:   Sure would be nice if the recipients of gifts could restrict themselves to crowing about their acquisitions and expressing their profuse thanks to the sender in such a thread as this...but I'm not holding my breath!   :biggrin:

Atleast they are posting cigar related material and not useless crap that some people post after hours of scouring the web...last time I checked this was Cigar Geeks. I honestly find it annoying to find threads, not all but most, that are non-cigar related and a link to an often useless tidbit. Just my two cents... :-)

Well here's an easy fix:  Don't read those threads!  There's a link on the top of the forum list titled "New Posts Since Last Visit".  Click that and then only read the posts under the forums that interest you.  This is a community of people with diverse interests, stories to tell and many friends made over the years.  We share our interests, we share our joys, we share our worries, we support one another, we celebrate each other's accomplishments and we generally tolerate the differences we have with other members.  Oh yeah, and all this has put us together as a community because of our common love of the leaf, so we have discussions about cigar/pipe related sometimes, too!

There are plenty of cigar forums out there that have much tighter structure and stricter forum rules.  They appear to be "educational", but don't seem like much fun. But there will always be people that those type of forums appeal to.
X2 Bruce, I couldn't agree more  :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

DogMan

Patrick (newbhunter) followed up on his promise to broaden my cigar horizons with this sweet fiver. Needless to say, I'm quite pleased. Thanks, Pat - these look awesome

btw, whats "newbhunter"? Are you new to hunting? Are you a hunter of newbs? oh well, just wondering

Loren B Davis

Newbhunter

QuoteDogMan - 5/29/2014  1:57 PM

Patrick (newbhunter) followed up on his promise to broaden my cigar horizons with this sweet fiver. Needless to say, I'm quite pleased. Thanks, Pat - these look awesome

btw, whats "newbhunter"? Are you new to hunting? Are you a hunter of newbs? oh well, just wondering

LOL, I am new to hunting, and not yet very good at it!
Let it be known however that this was the result of a bomb Loren sent to me, a nice set of PDR's totally surprised me on a lazy day during my vacation!

hebron

QuoteNewbhunter - 5/29/2014  8:20 PM

QuoteDogMan - 5/29/2014  1:57 PM

LOL, I am new to hunting, and not yet very good at it!
Hm, and here I was thinking you had a blood-thirst for newbs  :uzi:  :-(

WTG on the bomb :thumbsup:
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

nwb

Chief of Shaft

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

cavenbk

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

chacocii

Checked my mail today and was pleasantly surprised to find a nice little package from sauraspop in there. Thanks for the sticks brother they look great! :cool:
Twitter: @chacocii

hebron

So apparently Sammy isn't quite done, awesome; again!  :bigthumbs:
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

Vroomp

I think Sammy is just trying to keep from buying another humidor by sending all his cigars away! :biggrin:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

cavenbk

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

Kevin48438

"I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

"There are two things worth living for, one is a good cigar, the other is a better one." - Unknown

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Ken Kelley

QuoteBrlesq - 5/27/2014  8:13 PM

QuoteThinBlueLine - 5/27/2014  7:00 PM

QuoteKen Kelley - 5/27/2014  1:37 PM  Hmmm...does this incidate that the home page may soon be cleared of bombing debris so that more interesting things may be attached thereto? :biggrin:   Sure would be nice if the recipients of gifts could restrict themselves to crowing about their acquisitions and expressing their profuse thanks to the sender in such a thread as this...but I'm not holding my breath!   :biggrin:

Atleast they are posting cigar related material and not useless crap that some people post after hours of scouring the web...last time I checked this was Cigar Geeks. I honestly find it annoying to find threads, not all but most, that are non-cigar related and a link to an often useless tidbit. Just my two cents... :-)

Well here's an easy fix:  Don't read those threads!  There's a link on the top of the forum list titled "New Posts Since Last Visit".  Click that and then only read the posts under the forums that interest you.  This is a community of people with diverse interests, stories to tell and many friends made over the years.  We share our interests, we share our joys, we share our worries, we support one another, we celebrate each other's accomplishments and we generally tolerate the differences we have with other members.  Oh yeah, and all this has put us together as a community because of our common love of the leaf, so we have discussions about cigar/pipe related sometimes, too!

There are plenty of cigar forums out there that have much tighter structure and stricter forum rules.  They appear to be "educational", but don't seem like much fun. But there will always be people that those type of forums appeal to.

Perhaps it's a GOOD thing that I've been busy with spring chores and haven't had time to check in lately!  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

BewareDaPenguin

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

gpd4

Sammy's reign of terror continues....!
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

timpellis

Those are some nice bombs, great work!

toby2

:thumbsup:  those are great little smokes. had three today. they are fading away pretty fast.

Mojo66

Hey Sammy, do you still have cigars left, that's a nice bomb run you're on.

Way to go Pop.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

sauraspop

QuoteMojo66 - 5/29/2014  6:03 PM  Hey Sammy, do you still have cigars left, that's a nice bomb run you're on.  Way to go Pop.

Actually I do, probably more than I'll get around to enjoy before I'm to the promised land. My bride don't smoke em, neither do my two sons. Figure I get rid of some so that I can consecrate on the ones I enjoy the most, and let a few of those new to cigars have a chance to sample something they haven't had, find out what they like & don't. Tired of pissing folks off, maybe make a a few folks happy. 

Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

Newbhunter

Quotesauraspop - 5/29/2014  8:36 PM

QuoteMojo66 - 5/29/2014  6:03 PM  Hey Sammy, do you still have cigars left, that's a nice bomb run you're on.  Way to go Pop.

Actually I do, probably more than I'll get around to enjoy before I'm to the promised land. My bride don't smoke em, neither do my two sons. Figure I get rid of some so that I can consecrate on the ones I enjoy the most, and let a few of those new to cigars have a chance to sample something they haven't had, find out what they like & don't. Tired of pissing folks off, maybe make a a few folks happy. 

Whatever the reason for the bombing run... The carnage was epic and I must congratulate you on it. Such carnage was, to me, until now, unheard of!

JamesTanner

Thank you for the pleasant surprise Sauraspop!  I cant wait to try to Camacho's and I have been really wanting to try a drew estate cigar that is not an acid.
James Tanner

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.