Looking to sell or trade off pipe tobacco....

Started by StogieDad, 06/09/2014 11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StogieDad

So the experiment for me and pipes is coming to a close.  It just didn't do that much for me, I personally just enjoy my cigars much better.  Therefore, instead of letting this all go to waste, I figured maybe there would be some takers on here.  I would prefer to sell the whole lot, cash.  Trying for some funds for a box of La Palina Mr. Sams.  But as always, I am open to interesting cigar trades, and would consider splitting into a couple or 3 lots, don't really want to make this 15 different sales.

The five tins on the left are open, with about a bowl or two out of each. Dunhill Early Morning Pipe and Nightcap, Drew Estate Meat Pie and Heirloom Cherry, and Nat Sherman 314

The three in the middle are sealed large tins of McClelland Frog Morton, Cellar, and On the Town.

The other ten (I missed a picture of some CAO Eileens Dream) are sealed tins.

Dunhill My Mixture & Royal Yacht

Drew Estate (the other 5 blends I did not open)

Nat Sherman 509 and 536

As said, I would prefer to sell all as a whole, I will take $150 for it all if you are interested, plus shipping.  Or if there is an interesting trade, let me know.

Thanks for looking!

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nwb

Good luck with the sale.

I did the same thing shortly after joining Geeks.  Tested pipes, decided it wasn't for me, and then sold/traded it all away. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

toby2

StogieDad

Thanks guys.  I actually didn't dislike it at all.  It is just I found myself preferring (or wishing I had smoked) a cigar in every instance.  So I just decided to cut bait and enjoy my stogies.....
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

StogieDad

I'll even sneak a mystery fiver in with purchase.....
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

StogieDad

-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteStogieDad - 6/9/2014  3:29 PM

Thanks guys.  I actually didn't dislike it at all.  It is just I found myself preferring (or wishing I had smoked) a cigar in every instance.  So I just decided to cut bait and enjoy my stogies.....

This is why I haven't tried either, as my brother smokes pipe I've found it interesting and wanting to try it, but ultimately I was betting I'd prefer a cigar. Like you said not that you would dislike it, but if you have the time set aside already might as well smoke a stick that's the main reason I've held out. Well I followed your experiment and I think I'm gonna sit out on the pipe as well and stick to cigars :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Camshaft83

I would love to help you out but smoking my pipe is a seasonal thing. I smoke my cigars when its warm and my pipe when its cold.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

CrazyK

Wow that is quite the collection! I wish I could help you out!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

StogieDad

-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

metalhead y cigarguy

Looks like I missed out. Glad you got something worked out.  You getting rid of your pipe(s)?  If so what do you have. Just curious.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

s+j

Did you have any favorites, Michael? Just bought the Royal Yacht last week and I'm lovin' it!

bigjohn20081983

Great choices of tabbaco sorry it wasn't up your alley. I like smoking a pipe from time to time but prefer cigars. I had a pipe that I recently broke on mistake. I would save my cigar nub ends and put them in it and smoke them or if I had a cigar with issues it was still a way to enjoy it.

P.S Never sit down with your pipe in your back pocket. :-(
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Longhorn

Dead Thread Society...

Apparently Michael's favorite pipe tobacco was "Nada" since he sold all of it in favor of cigars... 7 months ago.

A few suggestions on this thread though... http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=27853.0

05Venturer

we really need a "resurrection" emoticon.

Perhaps a gravestone LOL  :lmao:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Ken Kelley

7 months isn't all THAT old...except for maybe a sales or trade thread. Best to peek at the date on those before going further.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

bigjohn20081983

Yeah I admit I didn't look at the older comments just posted on a thread that was on my home screen.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

s+j

QuoteLonghorn - 1/11/2015  9:32 AM  Dead Thread Society...   Apparently Michael's favorite pipe tobacco was "Nada" since he sold all of it in favor of cigars... 7 months ago.  A few suggestions on this thread though... http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=27853.0

True, I guess... LOL ... saw that thread earlier, thanks.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.