Mystery Item Contest Pass

Started by jeffk42, 09/03/2013 01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

QuoteJoelala - 9/25/2014  5:26 PM
There is a phone number listed on his wife's whitepages.com......

Ultimately, it is his responsibility.  That's why I, for one, have been reluctant to go that route.
Chief of Shaft

Mojo66

I wasn't part of this pass but It's a shame when a Geek goes MIA without the slightest PM or explanation.  

We should put together an emergency cigar fund for when that happens so that well meaning geeks don't get screwed like that. :biggrin:

All I have to say is: come on Ratboy, make this right, better late than never :meansmoke:
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

nwb

QuoteMojo66 - 9/26/2014  8:15 AM
We should put together an emergency cigar fund for when that happens so that well meaning geeks don't get screwed like that. :biggrin:

I don't remember one lost pass (not that there have been many) where the moderator wasn't compensated.  People have been super generous in making them whole. :bigthumbs:
Chief of Shaft

bmac7754

Quotenwb - 9/26/2014  8:22 AM  
QuoteMojo66 - 9/26/2014  8:15 AM We should put together an emergency cigar fund for when that happens so that well meaning geeks don't get screwed like that. :biggrin:  
I don't remember one lost pass (not that there have been many) where the moderator wasn't compensated.  People have been super generous in making them whole. :bigthumbs:

True that.  I remember this one and the one Jeff Ward had that disappeared.  Collections were taking up and cigars were replaced with additional ones as well. 

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

StogieDad

We certainly tried to make Jeff whole on this one, but one would hope someone who basically stole at least $150-200 worth of cigars could come forward and make things right.  I just don't undertand how after all the good will and generosity that happens on this site, someone would take advantage of a fellow BOTL like this and not even have the stones to say "screw it, Im keeping them" and just disappear.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nwb

QuoteStogieDad - 9/26/2014  9:27 AM

We certainly tried to make Jeff whole on this one, but one would hope someone who basically stole at least $150-200 worth of cigars could come forward and make things right.  I just don't undertand how after all the good will and generosity that happens on this site, someone would take advantage of a fellow BOTL like this and not even have the stones to say "screw it, Im keeping them" and just disappear.

In this particular case, I don't think it was a "screw it, I'm keeping them" situation.  I think it was a "I'm too busy and completely forgot about it" until it was too late case.  Either way, it is stealing and he should own up to it.
Chief of Shaft

jeffk42

Yeah the generosity of the other members was incredible when this pass was lost.

But it does seem interesting to me that he's at least occasionally active on FB, but has been conspicuously absent from this site for almost a year. Not a single login since Nov. 2013.  That makes me think he's intentionally avoiding us.

bmac7754

Makes you wonder if he has his profile set to hide when online and is one of the "invisible users" you see on.  Maybe he has seen the comments in the past and is afraid to speak up.  Then again, he is probably enjoying these cigars laughing at everybody.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Joelala

Quotebmac7754 - 9/26/2014  2:35 PM

Makes you wonder if he has his profile set to hide when online and is one of the "invisible users" you see on.  Maybe he has seen the comments in the past and is afraid to speak up.  Then again, he is probably enjoying these cigars laughing at everybody

Probably wearing the horse head too.
Joe

bmac7754

QuoteJoelala - 9/26/2014  7:11 PM  
Quotebmac7754 - 9/26/2014  2:35 PM  Makes you wonder if he has his profile set to hide when online and is one of the "invisible users" you see on.  Maybe he has seen the comments in the past and is afraid to speak up.  Then again, he is probably enjoying these cigars laughing at everybody  .

Oh yah, forgot about that part.  Any pics on FB wearing that??

nwb

Quotebmac7754 - 9/26/2014  7:27 PM
Oh yah, forgot about that part.  Any pics on FB wearing that??[/QUOTE]

That would be ballsy..... :angry:
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.