summer beer and smoke pairing

Started by BigHop, 06/17/2014 12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankj1

Quotenwb - 7/8/2014  9:51 AM

I'm with you, Kevin.  Although I don't drink beer very much anymore, when I did, I couldn't find any pairings that really enhanced either the beer or the cigar. :confused:
wasn't going to post cuz the subject was summer beers/cigars...but I find maltier beers like certain stouts and porters pair very well with many maduros. I just don't think most folks consider those to be "summer" beers.

But I don't drink beer nearly as often as I did when younger.

nwb

It definitely has a lot to do with the type of cigars you smoke.  For me, the best combination I found was a stout with a maduro.  However, I just don't smoke too many maduros anymore.
Chief of Shaft

LGT06

I'm pairing a Joya de Nicaragua Celebracion with Sam Smith's Nut Brown Ale and grately enjoying it. Both are nutty and the Celebracion has some nice creaminess to it as well. Neither one is too heavy for summer time consumption. Try it out and see for yourself.

Cfickter

I have found most Belgium beers, even the summertime variety, lean towards the heavier side when compared to American beers.  But I would recommend a Perdomo Champagne and if that is too light go to the Champagne Noir.
My favorite summertime release has been the Abita Seersucker Summer Pale
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.