Wine and Cigars

Started by Joelala, 06/20/2014 02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joelala

I have not tried this but thought about it, any thoughts? Does the wine just over take the cigar?
Joe

Camshaft83

I like to have some wine with a cigar. But like everything in the cigar world it comes down to personal taste.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Smurf

Sterling Vinter's Collection, Cabernet Sauvignon pairs nice with cigars as does J. Lohr seven oaks cab
orbis non sufficit

scottvodka

wine is gross tho

Joelala

Quotescottvodka - 6/20/2014  4:58 PM

wine is gross tho
:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
Joe

Rebecca Silverwolf

I've never had wine with a cigar, but I could imagine some pairings to work very well. I know the Illusione Epernay is blended to be paired with champagne, and I could see it being a pretty good combination.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

cavenbk

I personal prefer to have a glass of Boone's Farm while I smoke my White Owls.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

scottvodka

Quotecavenbk - 6/20/2014  8:33 PM

I personal prefer to have a glass of Boone's Farm while I smoke my White Owls.

No bro, it's all about the mad dog paired with a liga privada.

cavenbk

Quotescottvodka - 6/20/2014  11:00 PM  
Quotecavenbk - 6/20/2014  8:33 PM  I personal prefer to have a glass of Boone's Farm while I smoke my White Owls.

I forgot all about the Mad Dog! A buddy of mine in college LOVED Mad Dog 20/20

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

scottvodka

Quotecavenbk - 6/20/2014  10:27 PM

Quotescottvodka - 6/20/2014  11:00 PM  
Quotecavenbk - 6/20/2014  8:33 PM  I personal prefer to have a glass of Boone's Farm while I smoke my White Owls.

I forgot all about the Mad Dog! A buddy of mine in college LOVED Mad Dog 20/20

Lol I bet he was also all about citrus vomit.

/derail if you search around on YouTube a bit both Rocky Patel and djonathan drew talk about wine pairings.

nwb

It has been a while, but I've found a good Port pairs well with some cigars.
Chief of Shaft

Caveman Steve

Quotenwb - 6/20/2014  10:38 PM  It has been a while, but I've found a good Port pairs well with some cigars.

X2  Port and cigars is a marriage made in heaven......Any Port in a storm as they say! 

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

metalhead y cigarguy

Why would anyone want to drink wine with their cigar when they could drink bourbon instead. Seems foolish to me.  :biggrin:
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

DonM

I am not a big wine drinker but agree with NWB and Caveman, Port is good with a cigar!

"The Curmudgeon"

05Venturer

My WIFE likes MY wine while I'm smoking a Cigar :lmao:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Longhorn

This is what happens when you mix cigars and wine.  

Newbhunter

QuoteLonghorn - 6/21/2014  8:34 AM

LOL

Joelala

I will have to try some of these ideas. I am not a big wine drinker, but the wife is.
Joe

nwb

QuoteLonghorn - 6/21/2014  8:34 AM

:lmao:
Chief of Shaft

SenorPablo

I have a Cab with a cigar from time to time.  I definitely would say if you do, go with a stronger wine like a cab.  Been many years as well, but I do remember Tawny Ports being real good with a cigar.  It all comes down to your personal prefs.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

nkowal

QuoteRebecca Silverwolf - 6/20/2014  7:52 PM

I've never had wine with a cigar, but I could imagine some pairings to work very well. I know the Illusione Epernay is blended to be paired with champagne, and I could see it being a pretty good combination.

Did not know this - interesting. I'll have to give that a try - I've enjoyed it with a Charadonnay before and that was a great pairing.

I've paired wine and cigars a few times (and have been to a few places that have recommended wine/cigar pairings as well), to me, it depends how into it you are to care. I've had a white with a cigar I've felt didn't "pair" and it's been just fine. But generally I abide by the following rules if pairing with wine:

Since generally red wines are black berries/red berries they pay better with some of the stronger, and more full-bodied cigars. White wines are traditionally peachy/citrusy so a lighter or more mild cigar usually tends to pair better. Just my opinion, but put a LP9 with a Shiraz/Syrah and enjoy.

dcudney

For my taste, fortified wines go great with cigars. Ports and Tawney ports are incredible with a good cigar. For me, regular wines don't cut it. The cigar actually overpowers a regular cab or zin.

JoeTheBoss

x2
I have been pairing the  J. Lohr Seven Oaks Cab  with a nice aromatic cigar, like Ambrosia or a Tabak Dulce... It's like desert at the Cigar Bar.

QuoteSmurf - 6/20/2014  5:43 PM

Sterling Vinter's Collection, Cabernet Sauvignon pairs nice with cigars as does J. Lohr seven oaks cab

Ken Kelley

I don't know about this one. The aroma of the paper bag the wine bottle is in seems to interfere with the more delicate nuances of the cigar butts you find on the sidewalk.  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Cfickter

Here is my wine (to the wife) and cigars!

Ohhhhhh, but all the other geeks get to herf tonight!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.