Cold

Started by Ken Kelley, 07/05/2009 07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Kelley

This is the coldest 4th of July weekend I've seen since I was in Japan back in the early 90's.  I wandered up to the shop today and smoked a Don Pepin Serie JJ Bellicoso maduro.  I was really impressed with the cigar.  Fired up with a peppery note at first but quickly settled down into a very nice sorta sweet, sorta creamy, sorta chocolaty groove that never got over medium.  Got a nice hit of cashew flavor that came and went in middle third.  Smoked it all the way to the nub and enjoyed every minute.  Great burn too.  It wasn't as dry as the Don Pepin Cuban Classic robusto I smoked yesterday.  Very relaxing to sit in the shop and watch the rain while smoking a tasty cigar.  My sheltie enjoyed the event too because she got an hour of uninterrupted ear scratching time.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

mhuss

I thought the same thing about the weather yesterday.  I was sitting in the park, waiting to enjoy the fireworks show, and thought to myself, "Ya know, in the past, I've sat here and sweated my ass off!"  But not this year.  The weather was actually quite comfortable.  In fact, a few of the ladies in my family that were with me were wearing light jackets.  There was a very pleasant breeze blowing and the temps were a comfy 75-80 degrees.

Also, in regards to your selection of the Pepin JJ, I couldn't think of a better cigar to enjoy on the occausion.  Maybe only a Monte Media Noche or something from Alacranes would trump it.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.