5pk Mystery Pass III - Twigs, Figs n Bigs...WHAT???

Started by nirab, 07/24/2014 09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Burn Ward

QuoteJackal - 9/8/2014  7:01 PM

Quotenirab - 9/8/2014  12:55 PM

QuoteJackal - 9/8/2014  11:29 AM

Quotenirab - 9/1/2014  9:12 PM

Moving along well!! I will post a thread for pics sometime later this week/weekend...thanks y'all!!  :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:

Can we get that thread going for pic posting?

I got very nice cigars and I don't want my gifter to not get credit because things got forgotten about.

I plan on getting the thread up tonight if I get home early enough. There are also a couple of our Canadian geeks that have not received theirs, so I am trying to give them a little extra time...trust me, I won't let anyone forget!! I will post feedback for all of you geeks as well...

Not worried about you forgetting.  Worried about my stuff getting mixed up and not getting proper credit out.

Did you take a pic upon receipt? I like to take a snapshot once I take it out the box.

CrazyK

No sign of mine yet... If it seems as though it has taken longer than expected (about a week), could the sender check the tracking number and see if it got "stuck" at customs? Hopefully it is just on the slower moose... ;-)
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

nirab

The thread is up, so get to posting my friends! Our Canadian brothers should be getting their sticks any day. Looking forward to seeing what y'all got!!  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

horrido

Quotenirab - 9/8/2014  7:52 PM

The thread is up, so get to posting my friends! Our Canadian brothers should be getting their sticks any day. Looking forward to seeing what y'all got!!  :bigthumbs:

Just received them this morning and must I say wow - I just got hammered. BTW it is of course legal to ship to Canada so truthfullly you don't need to send as parts or hobbies otherwise when they do open it and customs sees cigars and not hobby stuff they will be taken.... :cry: Please be aware of that little hint.

I will post pics when you are ready....... :-0

Regards,

Mark
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

horrido

QuoteCrazyK - 9/8/2014  7:06 PM

No sign of mine yet... If it seems as though it has taken longer than expected (about a week), could the sender check the tracking number and see if it got "stuck" at customs? Hopefully it is just on the slower moose... ;-)

Hope it didn't get opened........those customs guys can have a hay day with it.....good luck.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

nirab

Quotehorrido - 9/9/2014  2:52 PM

Quotenirab - 9/8/2014  7:52 PM

Just received them this morning and must I say wow - I just got hammered. BTW it is of course legal to ship to Canada so truthfullly you don't need to send as parts or hobbies otherwise when they do open it and customs sees cigars and not hobby stuff they will be taken.... :cry: Please be aware of that little hint.

I will post pics when you are ready....... :-0

Regards,

Mark

Mark, I put up a separate thread to post stick pics.  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

horrido

Mark, I put up a separate thread to post stick pics.  :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Yup when I get home tonight I will take a few pics and again I must say bloody wow you hit me very hard my friend....ouch. :-0
-- Cuban saying

horrido

Quotehorrido - 9/9/2014  4:59 PM

Mark, I put up a separate thread to post stick pics.  :biggrin:

Yup when I get home tonight I will take a few pics and again I must say bloody wow you hit me very hard my friend....ouch. :-0[/QUOTE]

I have never had such a hard time trying to get my pics compressed to upload any idea? I am using a 12 meg pic nikon. Even the lower settings my software won't bring it down. Using InfanView software is there anything else to try which is free and has no adverts in it?

Thanks for any help.

Mark
-- Cuban saying

nirab

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

horrido

Quotenirab - 9/14/2014  6:08 PM

pixlr.com

Will try it.......

Also folks don't forget giving people feedback hint hint. :-)
-- Cuban saying

bmac7754

Quotehorrido - 9/14/2014  7:53 PM  
Quotehorrido - 9/9/2014  4:59 PM  Mark, I put up a separate thread to post stick pics.  :biggrin:
Yup when I get home tonight I will take a few pics and again I must say bloody wow you hit me very hard my friend....ouch. :-0
I have never had such a hard time trying to get my pics compressed to upload any idea? I am using a 12 meg pic nikon. Even the lower settings my software won't bring it down. Using InfanView software is there anything else to try which is free and has no adverts in it?  Thanks for any help.  Mark[/QUOTE]

I simple way to shrink a photo is open it up in "paint" and shrink if you have to and then save it as a jpeg file.  This should shrink the file size by almost 6 times and not altering it.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Jackal

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

toby2

MS Paint works and is easy to use. use the pixel setting. 350-400 is usually under 100k. right click on the photo and click open with paint.

The Burn Ward

nirab

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 9/25/2014  6:55 PM

Are we done here????

Got a few more geeks that need to post pics in the other thread, and finish the transition. I will post positive feedback for y'all soon.  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nirab

Positive feedback has been posted for all y'all...THANK YOU GEEKS!! I have ideas for next years already, and I think I may leave it as a shotgun pass (thanks Nick!). I figure it can be a pass that is 180 days away from our Secret Santa Pass, so consider it a warm up for that one! Thanks again for everybody displaying the generosity that makes CG the BEST cigar site around!!  :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Joelala

Joe

Joelala

Does this pass need to get transitioned through?
Joe

nirab

I am waiting for the last few geeks to finish the transitions, and then I can close the pass, and get y'all your points.  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.