Joe, I'd like to play if you will have me

Of course.
Joe

bmac7754

QuoteJoelala - 7/12/2014  12:33 AM  
Quotebmac7754 - 7/11/2014  11:07 PM  Joe, I'd like to play if you will have me
Of course.

Cool beans.  I think I hit the button.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Camshaft83

Thanks for letting me get in on this Joe. Looking forward to another pass.   :biggrin:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Joelala

Accepted both of you. Will see if we can get 12-13 at the most of solid geeks.
Joe

Joelala

Getting the pass order ready, anyone need any special requests?
Joe

bmac7754

Looking good Joe. I got your PM, and all set with that.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

cibolodave

sounds like an awesome pass. just clicked join

Joelala

Just accepted the last few geeks. Closing it up and will do my best to get this out sometime next week so we can get moving.
Joe

Cfickter

Epic list of Geeks in this pass, thanks for getting this organized. Great starting list, some great NIC smokes out there to be added.  Looking forward to getting this pass
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Joelala

Again please take a look at the pass order and warn me of any conflicts please.
Joe

StogieDad

Joe, how fast are you planning on launching?  I leave our of town next Friday,  the 25th for a week.  Probably fine, just wanted to let you know.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Joelala

QuoteStogieDad - 7/13/2014  8:00 PM

Joe, how fast are you planning on launching?  I leave our of town next Friday,  the 25th for a week.  Probably fine, just wanted to let you know.

Hopefully this week. I'll make sure you are good.
Joe

jharrisx5

Thanks for having me...I'm fine with the order (as far as my position anyway)
Puff Puff Give....

bmac7754

Mojo66

All is good for me, but that kinda goes without saying :biggrin:
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Joelala

Just moved a few things around to accommodate requests.

This pass now has 17 members, all of which are great geeks. I am locking it down here, looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
Joe

StogieDad

This pass is gonna be awesome!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Longhorn

Should be good for me - thanks for coordinating!  :thumbsup:

nwb

Maybe I'm being a little bit of an a$$, but I want to make sure I understand what happened here.

A member starts a pass.  People jump all over him for starting a pass even though he has never posted and ask him to introduce himself.  People seem to like the idea and there is a bunch of interest.  The pass creator is off the site for 24-36 hours, then he comes back to introduce himself.  In the meantime, a new pass is created with the same exact theme.  The original pass creator, who came up with the idea, requests to join and he isn't allowed because he is a newbie.

I'm not one to create drama, but that doesn't seem quite right.  In a PM, he offered to change his pass to be Dominican themed (and he may still do that) since the Nicaraguan idea was now taken.  However, if it were me, it would have turned me off this site, never to return.

And just so there are no hard feelings toward him, he hasn't complained one bit and did not ask me to post this.  He's actually been very patient, IMHO.
Chief of Shaft

Joelala

Quotenwb - 7/14/2014  4:16 PM

Maybe I'm being a little bit of an a$$, but I want to make sure I understand what happened here.

A member starts a pass.  People jump all over him for starting a pass even though he has never posted and ask him to introduce himself.  People seem to like the idea and there is a bunch of interest.  The pass creator is off the site for 24-36 hours, then he comes back to introduce himself.  In the meantime, a new pass is created with the same exact theme.  The original pass creator, who came up with the idea, requests to join and he isn't allowed because he is a newbie.

I'm not one to create drama, but that doesn't seem quite right.  In a PM, he offered to change his pass to be Dominican themed (and he may still do that) since the Nicaraguan idea was now taken.  However, if it were me, it would have turned me off this site, never to return.

And just so there are no hard feelings toward him, he hasn't complained one bit and did not ask me to post this.  He's actually been very patient, IMHO.

If someone can vouch for this new member I would be more than happy to let him join the pass. When I was new, I had to have 100 plus points to join a pass like this or have someone vouch for me(I had no one to vouch for me), I just think it is part of getting to know everyone on the site and getting to know how passes work on here. It is just like selling sticks to a new guy, you will most likely wait for him to pay you before sending him your end of the deal.

Yes he did requets to join but he did not let me know if he read the posts about how passes work here. If he did, I would have asked if anyone could vouch for him.

I do not take this personal, and I really hope he does not as well. Depending on where he is in the pass, we may have anywhere from 12 sticks to who knows how many being passed around. And knowing this group of geeks it will probably be some nice sticks.

Having said that, SparkMark please speak up, don't be shy we are all pretty laid back here. If you want to join and are willing to do your portion of the pass virtually (which means you tell me you puts and takes and we mail them to each other), I am happy to have you. If not, is there someone on the site who can vouch for you since we do not really know you.

Joe

Joelala

And please, if I am being an A$$, ALWAYS CALL ME ON IT. Sometimes it takes someone telling you to realize it.  

Joe

kxthor911

I know I'm not in the pass, but SparkMark it seems did have a good idea. Joe did you send him a PM asking him to appear virtually in the pass?
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

nwb

As the moderator, he had to front the cigars for the pass, so no vouching was required.  He took on all the risk, as the pass moderator usually does.  As a pass participant, he is now the risk and has to have someone vouch for him or do his portion virtually.  And I don't blame any pass moderator for having minimum requirements (like 100 points or one previous pass completed).  In all honesty, I don't blame you for not letting him in the pass.  These are two distinct situations with different dynamics.

It is water under the bridge, now.  The moral of the story, and the reason I brought it up, is this has traditionally been a very open, inviting forum to newbies.  The way that this situation unfolded was not welcoming, IMHO.  Just something to watch, but it seems there was no harm done here.
Chief of Shaft

Joelala

Quotekxthor911 - 7/14/2014  4:52 PM

I know I'm not in the pass, but SparkMark it seems did have a good idea. Joe did you send him a PM asking him to appear virtually in the pass?

I did not. More than happy to do so.
Joe

Joelala

Quotenwb - 7/14/2014  4:56 PM

As the moderator, he had to front the cigars for the pass, so no vouching was required.  He took on all the risk, as the pass moderator usually does.  As a pass participant, he is now the risk and has to have someone vouch for him or do his portion virtually.  And I don't blame any pass moderator for having minimum requirements (like 100 points or one previous pass completed).  In all honesty, I don't blame you for not letting him in the pass.  These are two distinct situations with different dynamics.

It is water under the bridge, now.  The moral of the story, and the reason I brought it up, is this has traditionally been a very open, inviting forum to newbies.  The way that this situation unfolded was not welcoming, IMHO.  Just something to watch, but it seems there was no harm done here.

In your previous post I thought you were referring to me not letting him in this pass. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Joe

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.