The Nicaraguan Pass

Started by Joelala, 07/11/2014 12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kxthor911

QuoteJoelala - 7/14/2014  5:21 PM  
Quotekxthor911 - 7/14/2014  4:52 PM  I know I'm not in the pass, but SparkMark it seems did have a good idea. Joe did you send him a PM asking him to appear virtually in the pass?
I did not. More than happy to do so.

I think you should. Let's take Nathan's advice and be open yet secure. 

Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

Joelala

Joe

Brlesq

Quotenwb - 7/14/2014  5:16 PM

Maybe I'm being a little bit of an a$$, but I want to make sure I understand what happened here.

A member starts a pass.  People jump all over him for starting a pass even though he has never posted and ask him to introduce himself.  People seem to like the idea and there is a bunch of interest.  The pass creator is off the site for 24-36 hours, then he comes back to introduce himself.  In the meantime, a new pass is created with the same exact theme.  The original pass creator, who came up with the idea, requests to join and he isn't allowed because he is a newbie.

I'm not one to create drama, but that doesn't seem quite right.  In a PM, he offered to change his pass to be Dominican themed (and he may still do that) since the Nicaraguan idea was now taken.  However, if it were me, it would have turned me off this site, never to return.

And just so there are no hard feelings toward him, he hasn't complained one bit and did not ask me to post this.  He's actually been very patient, IMHO.

I have been watching this from the sidelines, but I'm glad that Nathan spoke up.  I found it a bit unfriendly to create this on top of his pass as well, and then call it the "Real" Nicaraguan Pass, as if his wasn't real.  He wasn't even a newbie because he has had an account and virtual humidor here for an entire year.  He just didn't participate in the forums.  We have more members that do this than we have members that post.  I certainly hope he decides to shrug this off and stay active on the site.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Joelala

QuoteBrlesq - 7/14/2014  6:59 PM

Quotenwb - 7/14/2014  5:16 PM

Maybe I'm being a little bit of an a$$, but I want to make sure I understand what happened here.

A member starts a pass.  People jump all over him for starting a pass even though he has never posted and ask him to introduce himself.  People seem to like the idea and there is a bunch of interest.  The pass creator is off the site for 24-36 hours, then he comes back to introduce himself.  In the meantime, a new pass is created with the same exact theme.  The original pass creator, who came up with the idea, requests to join and he isn't allowed because he is a newbie.

I'm not one to create drama, but that doesn't seem quite right.  In a PM, he offered to change his pass to be Dominican themed (and he may still do that) since the Nicaraguan idea was now taken.  However, if it were me, it would have turned me off this site, never to return.

And just so there are no hard feelings toward him, he hasn't complained one bit and did not ask me to post this.  He's actually been very patient, IMHO.

I have been watching this from the sidelines, but I'm glad that Nathan spoke up.  I found it a bit unfriendly to create this on top of his pass as well, and then call it the "Real" Nicaraguan Pass, as if his wasn't real.  He wasn't even a newbie because he has had an account and virtual humidor here for an entire year.  He just didn't participate in the forums.  We have more members that do this than we have members that post.  I certainly hope he decides to shrug this off and stay active on the site.

It was all in good fun. If I upset anyone with this I apologize. Did not mean to do that. I can see how it could be taken that way not that I think about it and I am changing the name. Hopefully spark does stick around. I did not mean any harm by this, I hope people don't think that i did.
Joe

nwb

No harm done, as Spark seems to be alright with what has happened.

You all enjoy the pass - I really like the idea!
Chief of Shaft

Joelala

Just so everyone knows, I am going to stop at the store and find a piece of tupperware today, then hopefully the B&M to get a couple bovedas.
Joe

bmac7754

Joe if you have some cheap pillows throw them in there. I have a bunch of boveda and can toss a couple in when it hits me instead of spending the $$ on new ones.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Joelala

Quotebmac7754 - 7/16/2014  10:28 AM

Joe if you have some cheap pillows throw them in there. I have a bunch of boveda and can toss a couple in when it hits me instead of spending the $$ on new ones.

Thanks man, I appreciate it, I should have couple pillows
Joe

bmac7754

No problem. I'm second in line so it won't be long without them.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Joelala

Quotebmac7754 - 7/16/2014  10:49 AM

No problem. I'm second in line so it won't be long without them.

had to move you to third, but I put a heartfelt puck into one of the containers. If you could add a boveda to the other 2. Thanks man
Joe

Joelala

ATTENTION PASS MEMBERS, THIS NOTE WILL ALSO BE INCLUDED WHEN I SHIP THE PASS TOMORROW INSIDE THE PASS

Welcome to the Nic Pass Geeks

I have included 2 medium size tupperware containers. If one fills up just use the second. If you notice that the puck I put in for humidity is getting dry (beads will be white when dry and clear when wet), please add some distilled water. I would greatly appreciate it.

I have also included a prize pack tupperware container. At the end of the pass I might randomly select a member using a random number generator or might decide on something else. But I would like to reiterate that these cigars are NOT to be taken and are NOT for me. There is only a couple rules for the Prize Pack. The first rule will be the hardest to follow, please ONLY PUT 1 CIGAR IN HERE. The container is small and can only fit one per person.. However no one is required to put one in. If you put a cigar in the prize pack, please use a sharpie and write your name on the outside of the bag near your cigar.

If you have any question please let me know.
Joe

Joelala

Jessica it is on its way, should arrive Saturday. I will be out of town this weekend so if I am unresponsive I will be back Monday.
Joe

Vroomp

Glad to see I am near the front because I will be out of town August 7,8,9.........
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Cfickter

Joe, great seeding, thanks for getting this kicked off.  So what was the final decision on the NIC rule?  NIC content or NIC origin?
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

05Venturer

:dancing:  :dancing: Looking forward to this pass!!!
Nicaraguans are my cigars of choice :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Joelala

QuoteCfickter - 7/17/2014  7:42 PM

Joe, great seeding, thanks for getting this kicked off.  So what was the final decision on the NIC rule?  NIC content or NIC origin?

Any NIC relation. I prefer it to contain some sort of NIC tobacco in some way.
Joe

Joelala

QuoteVroomp - 7/17/2014  5:34 PM

Glad to see I am near the front because I will be out of town August 7,8,9.........
[/QUOTE

If it gets close just let's me know and I will adjust it.
Joe

05Venturer

Looks like the pass is in Jessica's Hands :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Joelala

Jessica did it arrive ok?
Joe

Joelala

Jessica confirmed that the pass arrived ok.
Joe

Joelala

How is everything going Jessica?
Joe

Cfickter

Awesome to see Jeff in the pass
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Joelala

QuoteCfickter - 7/23/2014  7:12 PM

Awesome to see Jeff in the pass

Yeah I have not heard from him since he joined. Hopefully he is responsive
Joe

Joelala

Jessica, no puts and takes?? You are welcome to play too :)
Joe

Vroomp

Jessica didn't really put anything in there...... :biggrin:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.