Cigars for Troops - 2014

Started by nwb, 07/15/2014 10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThinBlueLine

Hell to the yea I am in again...as always thanks for running this!
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

bmac7754

That time of year again, Count me in.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

sauraspop

I will participate. Thanks for doing this again!
Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

timpellis

Sounds like a plan, I am in.

nkowal

johncw

I'll be in again... thanks for running this again.

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

junglepete

Absolutely in again...thanks for coordinating again!  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

cavenbk

Count me in again Nate. Thanks for organizing this again!
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

Ted

Definitely will be helping out again. Great cause!

Rebecca Silverwolf

"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Jackal

Count me in again.  Thanks for doing this Nathan.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Rbrushaber

I'm in again thanks for doing this Nathan
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Rbrushaber

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and courage of free me and women.  It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."  Ronald Reagan
This quote is as true today as it was when I first heard it in the 1980s and joined the USAF...

nwb

Wow, great interest thus far.  We are up to 36 folks!

05Venturer
akira
benchjockey
BewareDaPenguin
BlackIrish
bmac7754
Brlesq
cavenbk
Cfickter
Chip Lemaster
cigarzinn
CrazyK
dddddmorgan
gitfiddl
Jackal
Joelala
johncw
junglepete
Longhorn
lubrix
nirab
nkowal
ntanner
Otter
Rbrushaber
Rebecca Silverwolf
Remodelx15
sauraspop
Smurf
StogieDad
Ted
The Burn Ward
ThinBlueLine
timpellis
toby2
tvolball
Chief of Shaft

nwb

QuoteChip Lemaster - 7/15/2014  3:31 PM
I too am in,  think I got the five finger concept understood,,, Five random cigars in a bag,,,,regardless, I will be sending some in for the troops before the deadline,,,thanks for supporting the troops

You can send as many cigars as you want, no limit.  The 5 finger bags are special ziploc baggies with five individual slots, which provide extra protection to uncelloed cigars.

Longhorn & dddddmorgan - Thanks for providing finger bags!  Let me know how many slotted bags you guys will be sending and I'll see if we have that portion covered.
Chief of Shaft

nwb

Quotegitfiddl - 7/15/2014  6:59 PM
Silly question:  How would a handful of cobs and a few tins of tobacco fly in this effort?

Unless someone thinks otherwise, I see no problem in including pipes, tobacco, and accessories.  Come to think of it, I have a couple of pipe tools and a bunch of pipe cleaners I could send along as well. :thumbsup:
Chief of Shaft

nwb

QuoteStogieDad - 7/15/2014  2:28 PM
I did enjoy the Virtual Humi feature if you have time, it was neat to see that count climb and people sent some good sticks!

I'll try my best to do this again.  This fall is going to be really busy for me personally, though, and it really depends on the number of donations and the types of donations.  For those of you who keep track of your cigars in the virtual humidor or excel, providing a list of the donated cigars when you send them helps a LOT in this effort.
Chief of Shaft

scottvodka

Joelala

Quotenwb - 7/16/2014  9:05 AM

QuoteStogieDad - 7/15/2014  2:28 PM
I did enjoy the Virtual Humi feature if you have time, it was neat to see that count climb and people sent some good sticks!

I'll try my best to do this again.  This fall is going to be really busy for me personally, though, and it really depends on the number of donations and the types of donations.  For those of you who keep track of your cigars in the virtual humidor or excel, providing a list of the donated cigars when you send them helps a LOT in this effort.

Not sure how, but if I can be of assistance here I am happy to help with the VH.
Joe

nwb

QuoteJoelala - 7/16/2014  10:26 AM
Not sure how, but if I can be of assistance here I am happy to help with the VH.

Although I greatly appreciate the offer, I'm not sure if there is a way to do that easily without creating another user account.  If I think of anything, I'll let you know.
Chief of Shaft

Blgove

Im in this year..i had just joined up this time last year, and i missed it :biggrin:
"The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee hapiness, only the pursuit of it.  You have to catch up with it yourself"  

Benjamin Franklin

biggsy16

Never done being a Dad

nwb

05Venturer
akira
benchjockey
BewareDaPenguin
biggsy16
BlackIrish
Blgove
bmac7754
Brlesq
cavenbk
Cfickter
Chip Lemaster
cigarzinn
CrazyK
dddddmorgan
gitfiddl
Jackal
Joelala
johncw
junglepete
Longhorn
lubrix
nirab
nkowal
ntanner
Otter
Rbrushaber
Rebecca Silverwolf
Remodelx15
sauraspop
scottvodka
Smurf
StogieDad
Ted
The Burn Ward
ThinBlueLine
timpellis
toby2
tvolball
Chief of Shaft

gitfiddl

Quotenwb - 7/16/2014  10:04 AM

Quotegitfiddl - 7/15/2014  6:59 PM
Silly question:  How would a handful of cobs and a few tins of tobacco fly in this effort?

Unless someone thinks otherwise, I see no problem in including pipes, tobacco, and accessories.  Come to think of it, I have a couple of pipe tools and a bunch of pipe cleaners I could send along as well. :thumbsup:

Cool.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Kevin48438

Count me in.   Thanks for doing ths, Nathan.
"I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

"There are two things worth living for, one is a good cigar, the other is a better one." - Unknown

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.