Sloppy Mcnubble

Started by 05Venturer, 07/20/2014 06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

I signed up with Sloppy McNubble a month or so ago and I have found it a bit frustrating that I have yet to get an email, can't see any types of deals that I hear people talking about. I get nothing. Am I doing something wrong? I just don't get it :angry:

Any help would be appreciated.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

DonM

I am not sure what you are looking for, I just refer to the site before I place a bid.  And the last time I did that was 2 months ago

"The Curmudgeon"

Caveman Steve

What is Sloppy Mcnubble?  I googled and got sloppy joe recipes??

I assume slang for an auction site, but which one? 

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

The Burn Ward

QuoteCaveman Steve - 7/20/2014  12:04 PM

It's a cbid price guide.

Caveman Steve

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 7/20/2014  12:07 PM  
QuoteCaveman Steve - 7/20/2014  12:04 PM  

It's a cbid price guide.

I can't seem to find it.  Is there a web address or link you can pass along? 

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

bmac7754

Not sure what deals you are looking for.  I only know of this site for its CBID auction results which is a cool way to see how pricing has been going.  Here is the link

http://sloppymcnubble.com/cbid

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

nwb

It isn't a deal site, it is a guide for historic CBID pricing.  I've never received an email from them.

It is a very useful tool to use before bidding, that's for sure!
Chief of Shaft

Brlesq

I believe that the site is now inactive and has not been updated since mid April.  Over the weekend I was looking up about two dozen items, and that was the latest date I could find. That is also about the time that I stopped receiving emails from them.  :confused:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Remodelx15

I just found this site thanks to this thread, very useful info!  But how current is the info?  Most of the searches I've done show a 'last auction date' of 3 months or more in the past when I know cbid has had auctions on my search items within the last couple weeks.
If you're not lucky, we can't use you.
- WW2 Submarine admiral

nwb

QuoteBrlesq - 7/21/2014  9:35 AM

I believe that the site is now inactive and has not been updated since mid April.  Over the weekend I was looking up about two dozen items, and that was the latest date I could find. That is also about the time that I stopped receiving emails from them.  :confused:

Hmmmm, I never received emails from them. :confused:

Since I haven't used CBID in quite some time, I didn't realize that it was no longer being updated, either.
Chief of Shaft

Cigary

I used to use it a lot but now not so much only because I know the pricing of what I buy anymore...it's a sickness to have so much info on so many different brands I buy.  My being able to remember so many different prices on so many brands really pi$$es off the wife when I claim that I can't remember her B'Day and our anniversary......screwed again.

gitfiddl

And I thought this thread was going to be about sex at a burger joint...

:confused:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

BostonCigar

Where oh where has Sloppy McNubble gone?   He is an enigma!  No one knows who he is.  His CI CigarBid Historical Time Series Database has not been updated since April.  Perhaps CI is no longer allowing him to scrape their prices.  I presume he did this for himself but he has quite a following.  There are two other plugins for Google Chrome you should use.  The one for the History is not supported by the current Chrome because it does not come from Google Play site.  You have to reinstall it everytime you use it. I don't use the Freefall one because the bid prices are better but here it is.

Please come back 'ol Sloppy and fix your database.  We love you!

CigarBid History
http://sloppymcnubble.com/cbid/

CigarBid History PLUGIN! for Chrome
http://redd.it/u1hng
http://www.reddit.com/r/cigars/comments/u1hng/sloppy_and_the_clerics_cigarbid_history_plugin/
Sloppy and The_Cleric's CigarBid History PLUGIN! (self.cigars)
submitted 1 year ago* by The_Cleric
NOTICE: This software is ALPHA. It may suck. It probably does suck. But it works for me well enough, so here you go.
Announcing the Chrome Extension to get CigarBid price history on the CigarBid page. No more hunting for prices. It's now at your fingertips right away.
To install:
1) You must use Chrome. Sorry FF users. CHROME RULES! ;)
2) Download this file.
3) Open your extensions page (chrome://chrome/extensions/).
4) Drag the file onto that page. I would upload this to the Chrome Store for easy install, but this is an /r/cigars EXCLUSIVE.
If you have issues with Chrome saying "Extensions, apps, and user scripts can only be added from the Chrome Web Store", follow this guide
Now when you visit an auction, you should see the CigarBid history graph and some price guidance above the auction.
Let me know what you think, and anything we can do to improve. Hope this helps save you some MOOLAH.

Hi all, relatively new here and have enjoyed the info thus far. I had the same problem so I thought I'd chime in as to how I've been using the plugin. Each time chrome starts, it does this new check and disables the extension, so what I do is goto Tools - Extensions. Delete the extension, and then reinstall it from the file on my desktop by dragging it into the same window where i just deleted it. It asks me if i want to install it, i click yes. It works continuously until the browser is restarted, so as long as I leave Chrome open it will work (even if the laptop goes into sleep mode). But once Chrome is closed and restarted, needs to be deleted/reinstalled using the same process above. Hope this helps! Enjoy...

CigarBid Free Fall Plugin
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cigarbid-free-fall-plugin/haggdgmfhabhnmfmcmodogfmehljdoco?utm_source=chrome-ntp-icon

Cfickter

even with the comments of not being updated lately i gave it a try just to see what it was about.  Too bad he may have shutdown, the search tools and results were fantastic
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nwb

The guy that runs the site may be at an event I'm attending next weekend (he was at the event last year).  If I see him, I'll ask why it is no longer updated.
Chief of Shaft

05Venturer

Quotenwb - 8/2/2014  6:32 PM

The guy that runs the site may be at an event I'm attending next weekend (he was at the event last year).  If I see him, I'll ask why it is no longer updated.

:bigthumbs:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.