Padron - Trying to break me?

Started by kxthor911, 07/21/2014 04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyK

Very nice but way too rich for my blood...
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

CigarPlace

Yeah, I likely wouldn't even be pressed to spend $50 for a cigar. I don't care who it's made by or which virgin's thighs it was rolled on... not happening. I just wish Padron would offer something new for the everyday guys. I'm sick of their restrict the supply so we can demand a higher price.

nwb

QuoteCigarPlace - 7/31/2014  3:37 PM
Yeah, I likely wouldn't even be pressed to spend $50 for a cigar. I don't care who it's made by or which virgin's thighs it was rolled on... not happening. I just wish Padron would offer something new for the everyday guys. I'm sick of their restrict the supply so we can demand a higher price.

Not to defend Padron, but that could be said about a number of manufacturers and every company who produces a Limited Edition.

My opinion on Padron - what they do, they do extremely well.  It is the one cigar that I compare all other cigars to as far as consistency is concerned.  They don't need, and I wouldn't expect them, to create another cigar for everyday guys.  That's what I see the traditional/X000 series covering.
Chief of Shaft

Cigary

QuoteCigarPlace - 7/31/2014  3:37 PM  Yeah, I likely wouldn't even be pressed to spend $50 for a cigar. I don't care who it's made by or which virgin's thighs it was rolled on... not happening. I just wish Padron would offer something new for the everyday guys. I'm sick of their restrict the supply so we can demand a higher price.

Any of these virgins have names...I said the exact same thing about offering Padron Cigars for the everyday  guy and the subject came up about the 0000's series.  While they are good there needs to be a really good premium from Padron that is cost conscious for those who can't afford a $50 or $100 cigar...say like $10?

Kevin48438

Part of the price includes the humidor as well.   From my understanding, when you but one you are then registered with Padron.  You are then eligible to buy more of these limited cigars every year.   Not sure on the price of the refills.  At $100 a pop for singles at initial release, I can but 3-4 family series.   That's tough to swallow.  I can't imagine a cigar I would rather have than 3-4 family series.   That said, if I get a chance at one of these, I will probably get one.
"I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

"There are two things worth living for, one is a good cigar, the other is a better one." - Unknown

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.