5pk Mystery Pass III - Twigs, Figs n Bigs...WHAT???

Started by nirab, 07/24/2014 09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nirab

Quotebmac7754 - 7/24/2014  10:00 PM

Brian, after you have this set up will there be a time period given to collect cigars and send out.  Also should we post in some type of order so we fill out puts and takes?

I will definitely give ample time to round up the sticks. I'm thinking about 2 weeks will be enough. One thing for sure, it will be a LOT faster than the last one!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Jackal

Sounds like a fun pass.  Thanks for having me.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Joelala

I would love to play if you will have me, do you have an estimate of when we will shotgun this off? The only reason I ask is that I will be out of town from August 9-16 and do not want to make me recipient wait.
Joe

nirab

QuoteJoelala - 7/25/2014  3:42 PM

I would love to play if you will have me, do you have an estimate of when we will shotgun this off? The only reason I ask is that I will be out of town from August 9-16 and do not want to make me recipient wait.

You are in Joe! I am not sure when I am gonna have folks fire these off, but you should be good, and could even ship out after you get back. You got plenty of time to line up a twig, a fig n a big!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Vroomp

I appreciate the invite Brian but, August is going to be a tough month for me. Maybe next one!
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Longhorn

Quotenirab - 7/24/2014  11:34 PM

One thing for sure, it will be a LOT faster than the last one!  :biggrin:

Hallelujah!  The one from last year finished up, what, last week???   :biggrin:  :-0

McBryde

When are you estimating that we will get our names Brian? I just need to do some planning as to when I am home so I can get it out when it needs to be out. If it is going to start after this next week, then I will have to bow out, as I won't be home for another month roughly, and that might cause some issues with my recipient not liking me for a few extra weeks.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Shukpaw

I'm in. Thanks.

I noticed the max is $250.   :-0  I guess I can't send any of my $300 cigars.  :-)
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Kid Montana

QuoteShukpaw - 7/27/2014  2:48 PM

I'm in. Thanks.

I noticed the max is $250.   :-0  I guess I can't send any of my $300 cigars.  :-)

Frankly, I'm glad he put a realistic limit in there.  Sometimes there is a lot of pressure to go above and beyond, ya know?

;)

I'd rather have a cigar...

nirab

I'm in. Thanks.

You can if you draw my name!  :shy:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nirab

I've got a lot going on right now, and also waiting for some geeks that I would like to see play in this pass. I am aiming to randomly assign each of you a name within a week or so, and then after that, give everyone 2 weeks to line up their sticks. That would have us shipping out around the last week of August. This gives everyone a chance to come up with the goods...and this will still be over a lot shorter than the last one!

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

gpd4

My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

nirab

QuoteLonghorn - 7/25/2014  6:44 PM

Quotenirab - 7/24/2014  11:34 PM

One thing for sure, it will be a LOT faster than the last one!  :biggrin:

Hallelujah!  The one from last year finished up, what, last week???   :biggrin:  :-0

It sure the heck seems like it!!  :lmao:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

johncw

yea i missed last years so i'm excited about this one.

nwb

Thanks for the invite, but I'm going to have to sit this one out.

Have fun with it!
Chief of Shaft

DonM

Quotenirab - 7/29/2014  12:56 PM

I'm in. Thanks.

Why wait Brian, just order a few now.....

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=456

:biggrin:

"The Curmudgeon"

The Burn Ward

QuoteDonM - 7/30/2014  9:53 AM

Quotenirab - 7/29/2014  12:56 PM

I'm in. Thanks.

Why wait Brian, just order a few now.....

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=456

:biggrin:

Not only do they make bad cigars but they waste fine cognac as well :angry:

McBryde

A $400 Gurkha, well, why doesn't that surprise me? No way would I fall for that trick! Does the cognac help with the crappy construction issues?

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

johncw

Fewer than 100 boxes of HMR are produced every year.

That's because there aren't more than 100 suckers out there to purchase them.

nirab

My fellow geeks, I am going to keep this open for geeks to sign up until August 10th. After that, I will randomly assign a geek to each of you, and let you know via pm who you are sending the 5pk to. Please keep this to yourselves! Just another element of surprise, and I think its cool not knowing who is gonna jack you up.

I am going to set the mail out date (shotgun start Nick!) for August 25th, so this will give you 2 weeks to come up with the sticks you are sending. And remember to include a "twig", a "fig" and a "big"! If you have any questions, shoot me a pm. Thanks y'all!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

StogieDad

Can't wait.  If you weren't around for it last year, there is some serious stuff going around in this pass.   Get ready to get jacked up, and make sure you flatten your BOTL!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

DonM

So Brian is a bytch when it takes me 5 days to launch the Curmudgeon pass and it takes him a month to launch this one.......WTF is up with that?

"The Curmudgeon"

StogieDad

QuoteDonM - 8/6/2014  7:26 PM

So Brian is a bytch when it takes me 5 days to launch the Curmudgeon pass and it takes him a month to launch this one.......WTF is up with that?

:lmao:
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

DonM

Brian recruited Dave's midget strippers to roll the Bigs.......not much progress but they are having fun with them :biggrin:

"The Curmudgeon"

nirab

QuoteDonM - 8/6/2014  6:26 PM

This ain't no sour puss pass Don! So shut yer pie hole, and save it for them crusty old fu$%s in your pass!!  :biggrin:  :shy:  :lmao:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.