For Newbies only

Started by s+j, 07/31/2014 11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nirab

QuoteBrlesq - 11/20/2014  3:42 PM

Quotes+j - 11/20/2014  4:23 PM
I am growing tired of all this so from now on I'll be blocking all outsiders who post spiteful comments on this thread. Your comments will be thus ignored at my end.

C'mon now, we all know that there is no way in hell that you are going to ignore anyone's posts.  You seem to thrive on creating controversy.  

I was one of the folks who sent him a pm, and I tried to explain to him that what he was doing was wrong. I got pretty much the same attitude that he has been displaying on the public forums. It was fairly cordial, but the dude just doesn't get it. I was going to sit this one out, but when you cross the CG etiquette line, then I shall not be silent. I am going on record, along with Stephen, I think he should be banned. We don't need this type of person coming in and polluting our site. When I met JD at CatsFest this year, this type of behavior was what he warned us geeks about. He loves our site, and was amazed at how well we treated each other. He's been given a fair chance by many to see the error of his ways...now its time to send him on his way!  :notamused:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

DonM

I have tried to refrain from any further posts on this pass, but as Brian stated, I too offered advise and assistance trying to keep this pass in line through the thread and through PM.  Stefan has ignored any advice given from any of the senior members of CG and continues to be an embarrassment to the entire  CG community and our Pass System.

Stefan has even went so low as to throw shots at CG's founder and our admins:  "Trust me, I can't wait to move on and start The Joker Pass... and I have to say that I really appreciate the laissez-faire attitude of the site administrators."  Stefan, are you so ignorant to think that they are not watching this thread and see what is going on?  We have the best of admins on this site, the greatest one could ask for.  Starting The Joker Pass, the joke would be on you.

You have changed the rules, disregarded any assistance offered, changed the name of the pass, selflessly re routed the pass back to yourself so that you can fondle and cherry pick the pass and essentially have disrespected every member of CG community with everything you have done. It would be in your best interest to route the pass back to you as you have been done and keep it.

We do not need your kind on Cigar Geeks.  As you have seen with posts we have politely Black Balled you.  Now I am telling you that it is in your best interest to sign off and forget your password.  CG is a wonderful place and we do not need you or your drama.  Have a nice life, Peace Out.

"The Curmudgeon"

bigjohn20081983

Quotenirab - 11/20/2014  4:48 PM  
QuoteBrlesq - 11/20/2014  3:42 PM  
Quotes+j - 11/20/2014  4:23 PM I am growing tired of all this so from now on I'll be blocking all outsiders who post spiteful comments on this thread. Your comments will be thus ignored at my end.
C'mon now, we all know that there is no way in hell that you are going to ignore anyone's posts.  You seem to thrive on creating controversy.    
I was one of the folks who sent him a pm, and I tried to explain to him that what he was doing was wrong. I got pretty much the same attitude that he has been displaying on the public forums. It was fairly cordial, but the dude just doesn't get it. I was going to sit this one out, but when you cross the CG etiquette line, then I shall not be silent. I am going on record, along with Stephen, I think he should be banned. We don't need this type of person coming in and polluting our site. When I met JD at CatsFest this year, this type of behavior was what he warned us geeks about. He loves our site, and was amazed at how well we treated each other. He's been given a fair chance by many to see the error of his ways...now its time to send him on his way!  :notamused:

:word:  :respekt:  

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Jackal

QuoteDonM - 11/20/2014  3:17 PM

I have tried to refrain from any further posts on this pass, but as Brian stated, I too offered advise and assistance trying to keep this pass in line through the thread and through PM.  Stefan has ignored any advice given from any of the senior members of CG and continues to be an embarrassment to the entire  CG community and our Pass System.

Stefan has even went so low as to throw shots at CG's founder and our admins:  "Trust me, I can't wait to move on and start The Joker Pass... and I have to say that I really appreciate the laissez-faire attitude of the site administrators."  Stefan, are you so ignorant to think that they are not watching this thread and see what is going on?  We have the best of admins on this site, the greatest one could ask for.  Starting The Joker Pass, the joke would be on you.

You have changed the rules, disregarded any assistance offered, changed the name of the pass, selflessly re routed the pass back to yourself so that you can fondle and cherry pick the pass and essentially have disrespected every member of CG community with everything you have done. It would be in your best interest to route the pass back to you as you have been done and keep it.

We do not need your kind on Cigar Geeks.  As you have seen with posts we have politely Black Balled you.  Now I am telling you that it is in your best interest to sign off and forget your password.  CG is a wonderful place and we do not need you or your drama.  Have a nice life, Peace Out.

As admins we do not monitor every thread.  I first saw this nonsense last night.

Since no rules have technically been breached as of yet, I will be keeping my hands off for the time being.  This is a community and as long as the level of civility does not degrade further, I will allow the community to deal with this issue and take no actions myself.

However, I will be keeping on eye on things and making sure that Pablo and the other admins are kept in the loop.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

DonM

QuoteJackal - 11/20/2014  6:18 PM

As admins we do not monitor every thread.  I first saw this nonsense last night.

Since no rules have technically been breached as of yet, I will be keeping my hands off for the time being.  This is a community and as long as the level of civility does not degrade further, I will allow the community to deal with this issue and take no actions myself.

However, I will be keeping on eye on things and making sure that Pablo and the other admins are kept in the loop.

:bigthumbs: But c'mon you know really he is an @$$hole

"The Curmudgeon"

bigjohn20081983

QuoteDonM - 11/20/2014  6:21 PM  
QuoteDonM - 11/20/2014  3:17 PM  I have tried to refrain from any further posts on this pass, but as Brian stated, I too offered advise and assistance trying to keep this pass in line through the thread and through PM.  Stefan has ignored any advice given from any of the senior members of CG and continues to be an embarrassment to the entire  CG community and our Pass System.   Stefan has even went so low as to throw shots at CG's founder and our admins:  "Trust me, I can't wait to move on and start The Joker Pass... and I have to say that I really appreciate the laissez-faire attitude of the site administrators."  Stefan, are you so ignorant to think that they are not watching this thread and see what is going on?  We have the best of admins on this site, the greatest one could ask for.  Starting The Joker Pass, the joke would be on you.  You have changed the rules, disregarded any assistance offered, changed the name of the pass, selflessly re routed the pass back to yourself so that you can fondle and cherry pick the pass and essentially have disrespected every member of CG community with everything you have done. It would be in your best interest to route the pass back to you as you have been done and keep it.   We do not need your kind on Cigar Geeks.  As you have seen with posts we have politely Black Balled you.  Now I am telling you that it is in your best interest to sign off and forget your password.  CG is a wonderful place and we do not need you or your drama.  Have a nice life, Peace Out.
As admins we do not monitor every thread.  I first saw this nonsense last night.  Since no rules have technically been breached as of yet, I will be keeping my hands off for the time being.  This is a community and as long as the level of civility does not degrade further, I will allow the community to deal with this issue and take no actions myself.  However, I will be keeping on eye on things and making sure that Pablo and the other admins are kept in the loop.

Don I dont know if this guy is just this naive or if hes got a set of Brass balls the size of Texas.

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

sjn1117

Quotebigjohn20081983 - 11/20/2014  5:46 PM  

QuoteDonM - 11/20/2014  3:17 PM  I have tried to refrain from any further posts on this pass, but as Brian stated, I too offered advise and assistance trying to keep this pass in line through the thread and through PM.  Stefan has ignored any advice given from any of the senior members of CG and continues to be an embarrassment to the entire  CG community and our Pass System.   Stefan has even went so low as to throw shots at CG's founder and our admins:  "Trust me, I can't wait to move on and start The Joker Pass... and I have to say that I really appreciate the laissez-faire attitude of the site administrators."  Stefan, are you so ignorant to think that they are not watching this thread and see what is going on?  We have the best of admins on this site, the greatest one could ask for.  Starting The Joker Pass, the joke would be on you.  You have changed the rules, disregarded any assistance offered, changed the name of the pass, selflessly re routed the pass back to yourself so that you can fondle and cherry pick the pass and essentially have disrespected every member of CG community with everything you have done. It would be in your best interest to route the pass back to you as you have been done and keep it.   We do not need your kind on Cigar Geeks.  As you have seen with posts we have politely Black Balled you.  Now I am telling you that it is in your best interest to sign off and forget your password.  CG is a wonderful place and we do not need you or your drama.  Have a nice life, Peace Out.
As admins we do not monitor every thread.  I first saw this nonsense last night.  Since no rules have technically been breached as of yet, I will be keeping my hands off for the time being.  This is a community and as long as the level of civility does not degrade further, I will allow the community to deal with this issue and take no actions myself.  However, I will be keeping on eye on things and making sure that Pablo and the other admins are kept in the loop.

Don I dont know if this guy is just this naive or if hes got a set of Brass balls the size of Texas.

I sincerely hope this gets squashed soon. It really puts a drag on enjoying my favoriteplace outside of next to my wife and children. I don't at this point see how Stefan is going to make this right with the attitude he has taken. I agree with Don, log off and lose your password brother.

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

s+j

QuoteJackal - 11/20/2014  3:18 PM

Sounds very reasonable, thank you for your input. I am really sorry that you have to take time from other more important activities to monitor this and I appreciate your trying to be accommodating to this site's members.

s+j

Quotesjn1117 - 11/20/2014  4:17 PM

Quotebigjohn20081983 - 11/20/2014  5:46 PM  

I sincerely hope this gets squashed soon. It really puts a drag on enjoying my favoriteplace outside of next to my wife and children. I don't at this point see how Stefan is going to make this right with the attitude he has taken. I agree with Don, log off and lose your password brother.

Again, sorry but I will not allow myself to be cyber-bullied.

DonM

You are not being Cyber Bullied.....you are just black balled  :biggrin:

"The Curmudgeon"

timpellis

I don't really have too much input on this, plenty has been said but I would add that you shouldn't refer to this as cyber bullying. That is a very serious subject that is much more serious than this silly argument. To not minimize the struggles that thousands of children go through each year I ask that you not compare this situation to that. Thanks.

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

s+j

QuoteDonM - 11/20/2014  3:21 PM

Because of your last comment, this is the last time I'm offering an explanation to you Don.

As I have stated before, seemingly to no avail:
+ other pass members asked me to changed the rules
+ I considered and acted on all input from pass members
+ the name was changed in order to make it more clear that this pass does not follow the standard Etiquette guidelines
+ asking me to end the pass when other members haven't yet had a chance to do their trades is disrespectful toward them.

s+j

Quotetimpellis - 11/20/2014  4:49 PM

I don't really have too much input on this, plenty has been said but I would add that you shouldn't refer to this as cyber bullying. That is a very serious subject that is much more serious than this silly argument. To not minimize the struggles that thousands of children go through each year I ask that you not compare this situation to that. Thanks.

. . . Cyber-bullying could be limited to posting rumors or gossips about a person in the internet bringing about hatred in other's minds . . . [http://definitions.uslegal.com/c/cyber-bullying/]

DonM

No explanation needed Stefan, do us a favor and sign out and don't come back

"The Curmudgeon"

timpellis

Seriously dude? You are trying to compare what has happened here to something that has ruined people lives and driven people to suicide in many cases? Why don't you post the full definition? "Cyber-bullying could be limited to posting rumors or gossips about a person in the internet bringing about hatred in other's minds; or it may go to the extent of personally identifying victims and publishing materials severely defaming and humiliating them." This does not describe what has happened. You really need to get down off the cross. Go and share this story with the family of a young gay person that has killed themselves because of cyber bullying, then report back about their thoughts.

s+j

Quotetimpellis - 11/20/2014  5:00 PM

Seriously dude? You are trying to compare what has happened here to something that has ruined people lives and driven people to suicide in many cases? Why don't you post the full definition? "Cyber-bullying could be limited to posting rumors or gossips about a person in the internet bringing about hatred in other's minds; or it may go to the extent of personally identifying victims and publishing materials severely defaming and humiliating them." This does not describe what has happened. You really need to get down off the cross. Go and share this story with the family of a young gay person that has killed themselves because of cyber bullying, then report back about their thoughts.

I am not. What you are doing is only accept the most extreme case of the definition, the same way most naysayers here seem to only have an extreme take on how to run a cigar pass. But please tell me, how else should I describe this ganging up on me in this forum, the repeated attacks on my character declaring my allegedly evil motives, and the recent calls for me to get lost if I don't "do the right thing before it is too late"?

And, just for your information, for over four years now I have been meeting and spending time with over thirty gay families in more than a dozen states throughout the US.

timpellis

I am so glad that you reach out to gay families, that has nothing to do with this. As if meeting with them somehow makes your cyber bullying "struggle" valid. Like when a racist says, I can't be racist, I have black friends. Clearly you only see what you want which I guess is most of the problem here. I am not going to waste anymore time on this, it is clear to me that you only care about yourself and being "right." I made a simple request that you not minimize the struggles of many people that mean so much to me, but clearly that request was too much for you and it is much more important that you be a martyr. Maybe next you can compare your struggle here to fighting cancer, or being a solider in a war. Do whatever you want with your pass, since clearly it is the most important thing ever. I hope the weather is nice up so high on that horse and that your cross isn't too heavy right now. Good day.

s+j

Quotetimpellis - 11/20/2014  5:18 PM

I am so glad that you reach out to gay families, that has nothing to do with this. As if meeting with them somehow makes your cyber bullying "struggle" valid. Like when a racist says, I can't be racist, I have black friends. Clearly you only see what you want which I guess is most of the problem here. I am not going to waste anymore time on this, it is clear to me that you only care about yourself and being "right." I made a simple request that you not minimize the struggles of many people that mean so much to me, but clearly that request was too much for you and it is much more important that you be a martyr. Maybe next you can compare your struggle here to fighting cancer, or being a solider in a war. Do whatever you want with your pass, since clearly it is the most important thing ever. I hope the weather is nice up so high on that horse and that your cross isn't too heavy right now. Good day.

This is so ridiculous there's nothing else to say other than that I hope you'll have a much nicer evening as well.

StogieDad

For the good of the forum, we need to let this thing end.  If any remaining members care to take their turn,  do so and let's just end this thread (who would is beyond me since there is not a fair shake at takes).  It's not what we geeks are about.  To keep this obviously redundant conversation ongoing is not doing anyone any good.  

We are OBVIOUSLY not going to convince Stefan that he is incorrect,  no matter what is said.  Let's get back our positive vibe and move on.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Caveman Steve

Holy Shyte!!

I was a member of this pass early on as a "not so newbie" participant, and before all hell broke loose.  I hadn't really been following all the banter too much until recently.  All I can say is WOW!

I said then, and I still believe that our moderator (Stefan) did not enter into this gig with greedy or devious intentions.  However, somewhere along the way, the constructive criticism that Stefan received was not taken that way, and instead was used as a springboard to create DRAMA.

Stefan, I don't know you, nor you me, but I've worked/dealt with a lot of different people in the course of my life, and there are some individuals that just need everything to be dramatic and complicated.  I wonder if you might be one of those people.  If so, it doesn't make you an a**hole but it might preclude you from being a good candidate to moderate a pass.  A cigar pass is really a very simple thing that can be achieved with nothing more than common sense, and a belief that it is better to give than receive.  Somewhere along the way, you perceived that a line was drawn in the sand, and you were told not to cross it........and of course you did.......The problem is that your perceptions were off base.  All anyone here ever tried to do for you was help, initially, but it is now beyond the point of no return.  Bridges have been burned, and I question whether it's too late to salvage.  You need to ask yourself if you want to continue to be a member of this community, and interact with grace and dignity or be an instigator.  If the answer is the latter, then I feel bad for you.  We all need a slice of humble pie every once in while, and are better for it.  My advice is to have yours now.  Only YOU can end this ridiculousness.

All the rest of us can do is stop responding to this thread so it goes away. 

Humbly and with no ill will,

Caveman Steve 

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

SenorPablo

Ok guys.  This is enough.  Life is too short to get so worked up on this.  I'm really sorry things didn't work out the way everyone had expected.  But i'm shutting this one down.  If anyone has anything else to say, please take it to PMs.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

SenorPablo

Realizing this is still in play.  I would suggest whoever gets its next send it back to Stefan and we wrap this up.  Hopefully we have some lessons learned for any next one.  But I'm not going to let this air out any more in public.  It goes entirely against the grain of why I have created this site.  -Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.