For Newbies only

Started by s+j, 07/31/2014 11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s+j

Hey, no worries, and thanks for the updates.

Chadboskie

The cigars have been delivered to Aaron.

s+j

We've had three additional geeks join us since I first sent the package out, so please double check the participant list for the correct order before mailing the stogies to the next player.

Rammstein142

Nice! Also Chadboskie I have been having to use a photo editor online that allows me to convert them to 100kb or less in order to attach. Believe if you Google "online photo editor" should be the first or second link. :-)
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

Chadboskie

Am I the only one starting to get a little bit concerned?

Brlesq

QuoteChadboskie - 8/29/2014  10:37 AM

Am I the only one starting to get a little bit concerned?

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

CigarPlace

QuoteBrlesq - 8/29/2014  1:30 PM  
QuoteChadboskie - 8/29/2014  10:37 AM  Am I the only one starting to get a little bit concerned?

Pass the popcorn please dude and send over some more of those LFD Colorado Oscuro's you've got hiding there.

aschroyer

I received the box and will be mailing it out tomorrow morning. I apologize I have had to work many double shifts at work this week

Chadboskie

Oh cool. Thanks for the update. I was just worried it was possible I put it on the wrong porch or something. Take your time with it. The update is everything.

s+j

Yes Aaron, take your time but while doing so do contemplate what to smoke from the pass, and thanks for the update. Also don't forget to check the participant list on the site for the next player as the print-out is a bit dated now.

Jessica, that sounds yummy...

ccubed33

Wow I guess i should have looked at this page sooner. A lot going on. I'm very excited as this is my first cigar pass. I already have some mean sticks in mind to add to the pass.

Question for the guys after me...what kind of cigars do you like (mild, med, full, etc.)??? I like very full sticks myself but I want to put in what you guys like. And since I work at a cigar shop I have a wide variety to choose from.

Let me know and happy smoking!
"Give a man a handshake, and he'll claim that he's met you. Give a man a cigar, and he'll call you friend for the rest of his life." -Unknown

s+j

I'd love a full bodied stick that isn't harsh!

aschroyer

Mailed out to Caveman Steve this morning. Took 4 sticks and left 5, threw in two of the same kind with an extra that I was not a particular fan of. So whoever wants it can go ahead and take the extra

s+j

Ok, but I hope that extra is still very good-to-excellent, or 3+ stars. Enjoy your new sticks.

DMonee

Thanks for the invite! I got a few sticks in mind already to put in that I think anyone would enjoy.....

s+j

Sounds great -- thanks for joining.

Caveman Steve

Package arrived today.  As they said in Jaws,

"We're going to need a bigger boat"  I'm going to buy a larger Tupperware container over the weekend.  May not have room to ship the smaller one back as well, so unless it has some sentimental value, I won't include it. (let me know if it does!)

I should be able to get this out Monday. 

Cheers!   :beer:  

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

s+j

Alright, we'll change boats then, and yes, keep the smaller container. Thanks for the update. :martini:

Caveman Steve

Will post Puts N Takes and tracking info later today.  Upon closer inspection, noticed a distinct crease in the cello of the RY J Maduro Reserve Churchill.  Not a good sign.  I un-celloed it, and my fears were confirmed.  Got crunched at some point.  Unraveled completely upon removal.  Oh well, it happens.

Caveman Steve

Puts and Takes posted. 

Noted that my intended recipient and a few others in this pass do not have their last names listed on their address. 

Any postal workers out there who can tell me if this might cause a delivery issue???  I've PM'ed Chas. for his last name.  Not sure if I should send it without a last name??? :?:  

s+j

QuoteCaveman Steve - 9/8/2014  5:09 AM

Will post Puts N Takes and tracking info later today.  Upon closer inspection, noticed a distinct crease in the cello of the RY J Maduro Reserve Churchill.  Not a good sign.  I un-celloed it, and my fears were confirmed.  Got crunched at some point.  Unraveled completely upon removal.  Oh well, it happens.

Whoa!   :-0

StogieDad

QuoteCaveman Steve - 9/8/2014  4:26 PM

Puts and Takes posted. 

Noted that my intended recipient and a few others in this pass do not have their last names listed on their address. 

Any postal workers out there who can tell me if this might cause a delivery issue???  I've PM'ed Chas. for his last name.  Not sure if I should send it without a last name??? :?:  

I have sent something to Stefan before without a last name and he got it fine, if that helps.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

s+j

I think the only time you might have problems is if you get an overzealous worker not wanting to accept it at the post office counter.

Caveman Steve

QuoteStogieDad - 9/8/2014  4:39 PM  
QuoteCaveman Steve - 9/8/2014  4:26 PM  

Puts and Takes posted. 

I have sent something to Stefan before without a last name and he got it fine, if that helps.

COOL!  Now I have someone else to blame if it doesn't arrive!  :dancing:   (LOL) 

s+j

Many thanks for the generous puts, Steve! I'm curious to hear whether the unraveled RyJ still tastes somewhat akin to a Maduro even without the wrapper.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.