Holt's Cigar Company
Northeast Philly Retail Store
12270 Townsend Road
Philadelphia, PA 19154

Tel: 800-523-1641

Presence @ Geeks: No
Chief of Shaft

BlackIrish

I used to order from Holts fairly regularly.  The various specials they run (Hump Day, High Noon, Weekend Roast . . .) often present very good deals, and so do the 6-pk deals.  Shipping and customer service have both been fine, with no issues.  Note that I haven't ordered from them in at least 2 years.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

junglepete

I use them for their specials from time to time (a couple of times a year). Service has always been pretty good.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

benchjockey

I haven't ordered from Holt's yet, but I will because I really want to try their Old Henry maduros.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

StogieDad

Holts is one of those that I use a couple of times a year, as junglepete said.  If I see a good deal, I'll snap it up.  They have always shipped quick and never had an issue.  Their email specials and daily deals can be tempting, but the vast majority of the time are budget smokes or "Pepin-blended" or something of the sort just to make a one-off sound good.

But I have purchases some Oliva Master Blends 3 for $3 a stick, and some clearance and Camacho deals.

Solid retailer, just not a go-to for me.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

timpellis

I love Holt's, prices aren't the best anymore but they are great to deal with.  I recommend visiting a store of theirs if possible.  Holts has been around for a long time, and the owner created the Ashton line of cigars.  They know their stuff.  I believe the center city store has been there for 100 years or so.  I've never had any problems, and I always visit when I go into the city, especially the new lounge above the store.  As for ordering online, I wait for deals but would never hesitate to buy anything from them.  My father is a big fan of them and has no trouble with their shipping to Houston (I live 30 miles away so my shipping experiences for the PA places is different from most).

Jackal

Holts has some excellent deals.  Their customer service, however, really impressed me.

I saw one of their humpday specials for SLR serie G, and jumped on it.  Since my order was pretty inexpensive and had free shipping, I decided to treat myself and threw in a Padron 80 years. When the package arrived, I found the the apes at the post office had managed to mangle my parcel, damaging 5 of the 10 SLRs and bending the Padron so badly that it split across its center.

I sent Holts an email Thursday evening.  They responded Thursday night, and had replacement cigars on th wsy to me via 2 day air by Friday.  Monday they arrived in excellent shape.

I have had experiences with some other online retailers that involved long back and forth emails and jumping through hoops to get replacement sticks for damaged ones, and then, they are always sent via the slowest mail possible.

Holts is A1 in my book.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

1029henry

Nothing but good things to say about Holt's. You want the "Discontinued" Camachos or the La Aurora original blends for next to nothing? Holt's is the place. The ONLY online merchant to buy the  original Camacho corojo.
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

gitfiddl

Holt's was the second online retailer I ever purchased cigars from.  I've found some great deals on their "6-packs to go" page.  Service has always been fine.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

sevencardstud

Has anyone from Ontario Ordered from Holts.com?
"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar." -Mark Twain

appollo

Used Holts on several occasions always quick and friendly service.The only problem and it is unique with geeks north of the border is that they won't ship discreetly it is what it is. :-)

benchjockey

I took advantage of a Holt's deal that included a free lighter. The lighter didn't work out of the box so I sent them an e-mail. Within minutes I received a reply with a phone number to call. Called, answered a couple of questions, and was told a replacement would be sent. That was Saturday and today, Thursday, it arrived via Priority Mail.
That's good customer service.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

arrow34

Holt's is a quality shop. I have ordered online many times and actually stopped by thier downtown location in Philadelphia. Awesome shop.

Cigary

Solid place that I've used for a decade.. Holiday shopping deals are their niche'.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.