JR Cigars

Started by nwb, 08/07/2014 09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

Chief of Shaft

StogieDad

I have bought many times from JR, but almost exclusively the Dutch Daily and Weekly auctions.  I used to check it daily, not as frequently now, but you can nab some nice deals on boxes if you keep your eyes peeled.  Never had a problem with anything I have purchased from them.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

RDF

Also, FYI. While not a part of the online store, there's a JR Cigar B&M here in the Detroit area.  The entire store is a humidor.  The guys running the place there love cigars and are extremely helpful.

http://www.jrdetroit.com/index.cfm

HokieSmokes!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." H. Jackson Brown

mike46

JR's has been my go-to cigar supplier for years, never had an issue with them.  Great phone or fax service, all my orders have been sent to a variety of US addresses and they've never missed a beat getting stuff out immediately and their regular ground shipping (USPS or UPS or sometimes both) moves the order QUICK .... couldn't happen with our postal service up north here.

1029henry

Have been ordering from JR for years with no problems. The $5 flat shipping rate is a plus. A good place to find old favorites such as LGC, H. Upmann, Fuente, R&J, etc. Another plus is that many of the cigars I have bought from JR over the years have been aging for a good while in their humidor warehouse, judging by the yellow cello on the sticks. A plus in my book!
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

junglepete

Used to order more from them in the past under their closeout specials. Always had good service and prompt shipping.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Cfickter

I haven't bought on line but bought at their B&M in Statesville, NC  great store, prices seemed fair and the staff was great
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Cigary

They are a good outfit to deal with and I still order boxes of the JR Ultimates along with about 4 other brands that shall remain nameless for fear that they will be bought out.

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

Camshaft83

Just got a 5 pack off the auctions for a great price plus the shipping was very fast. Already thinking they will be seeing more purchases from me.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Hot Stuff x

I like JR, they have some exclusives I like and I've always had good buying experiences with them.
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

s+j

Do you guys know of any JR coupons for orders under $50?

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.