Does size really matter?

Started by johncw, 08/11/2014 07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nirab

Quotejohncw - 8/14/2014  10:41 AM

going to close this up this weekend if anyone still wants to get in. Plan on getting this started on Monday.

I've some some preliminary arrangements on the ship list let me know if you need to be moved.

I am super busy, but, decided to play anyway...let's do this!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

johncw

sweet glad you sneaked in there!

toby2

Quotenirab - 8/15/2014  4:39 PM  
Quotejohncw - 8/14/2014  10:41 AM  going to close this up this weekend if anyone still wants to get in. Plan on getting this started on Monday.  I've some some preliminary arrangements on the ship list let me know if you need to be moved.
I am super busy, but, decided to play anyway...let's do this!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

hell yeah!  :rocker:  

Chrism305

sjn1117

John I really wanted to play but I'm gonna have to sit this one out. I will catch you on the next one brother.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

johncw

No problem at all Stephen I completely understand....

All right lets get this party started. Transitioning to Stefan s+j.

bmac7754

Quotejohncw - 8/16/2014  7:10 AM  No problem at all Stephen I completely understand....  All right lets get this party started. Transitioning to Stefan s+j.

Excellent, should be fun

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

johncw

Stefan, Thanks for the puts and takes and for playing. Please transition over to Jessica.

Jessica,

Pass is headed your way suppose to be there Friday. 9114 9012 3080 1751 9019 36

CigarPlace

Quotejohncw - 8/20/2014  3:42 PM  Stefan, Thanks for the puts and takes and for playing. Please transition over to Jessica.  Jessica,   Pass is headed your way suppose to be there Friday. 9114 9012 3080 1751 9019 36  

Hey John et al, 

Pass has arrived. My P&T's have been submitted but I'm going to hold this until Monday to ship. It's SUPER HOT and humid here in Florida right now and I don't want them sitting over the weekend in a depot or truck somewhere. Besides, I have to put my side of a trade with Shukpaw into it and a return fire to our pass coordinator, John for his generous bomb helping me to try some sticks I've not had a chance to try before. 

A common misconception of those of us in the industry is that we can put our hands on any cigar we want. It just isn't that easy and often the last thing I want to do when I get home from work is scour the internet looking for cigars other companies sites that I spend all day trying to be better than. So I absolutely appreciate being exposed to new brands and the smaller boutique brands whenever possible.

StogieDad

Nice puts there Jessica, especially that Bodega.  Really nice smoke!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

johncw

QuoteCigarPlace - 8/22/2014  3:20 PM

Quotejohncw - 8/20/2014  3:42 PM  Stefan, Thanks for the puts and takes and for playing. Please transition over to Jessica.  Jessica,   Pass is headed your way suppose to be there Friday. 9114 9012 3080 1751 9019 36  

Hey John et al, 

Pass has arrived. My P&T's have been submitted but I'm going to hold this until Monday to ship. It's SUPER HOT and humid here in Florida right now and I don't want them sitting over the weekend in a depot or truck somewhere. Besides, I have to put my side of a trade with Shukpaw into it and a return fire to our pass coordinator, John for his generous bomb helping me to try some sticks I've not had a chance to try before. 

A common misconception of those of us in the industry is that we can put our hands on any cigar we want. It just isn't that easy and often the last thing I want to do when I get home from work is scour the internet looking for cigars other companies sites that I spend all day trying to be better than. So I absolutely appreciate being exposed to new brands and the smaller boutique brands whenever possible.

Jessica it was my pleasure. Thank you for the puts and takes as well. Well done.

bmac7754

QuoteCigarPlace -

It's SUPER HOT and humid here in Florida right now and I don't want them sitting over the weekend in a depot or truck somewhere. [/QUOTE]

Excellent move Jessica.  Now on the other hand, here in MA its perfect for cigars right now.  In the house with windows open its 68 degrees and 65% humidity.  Who needs humidors at this rate.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

05Venturer

Quotebmac7754 - 8/22/2014  8:43 PM

QuoteCigarPlace -

It's SUPER HOT and humid here in Florida right now and I don't want them sitting over the weekend in a depot or truck somewhere.

Excellent move Jessica.  Now on the other hand, here in MA its perfect for cigars right now.  In the house with windows open its 68 degrees and 65% humidity.  Who needs humidors at this rate.

[/QUOTE]

for sure Brian, wouldn't it be awesome year round :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

bmac7754

Quote05Venturer - 8/22/2014  9:49 PM  
Quotebmac7754 - 8/22/2014  8:43 PM  

QuoteCigarPlace -

It's SUPER HOT and humid here in Florida right now and I don't want them sitting over the weekend in a depot or truck somewhere.

for sure Brian, wouldn't it be awesome year round :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Oh yah, but another month or two we can freeze our cigars. Sad when 35 degrees starts to feel warm.

CigarPlace

Hey Guys,

Due to the extra day's delay in getting this out, I've upped the gift certificate value in the package for you all. There is a slew of $10 Gift Certificates in the box along with one $25 gift certificate that is completely random in nature. All of the cards look identical so it's honestly a random pick. Enjoy the pass guys and thanks for including us!

scottvodka

QuoteCigarPlace - 8/27/2014  3:19 PM

Hey Guys,

Due to the extra day's delay in getting this out, I've upped the gift certificate value in the package for you all. There is a slew of $10 Gift Certificates in the box along with one $25 gift certificate that is completely random in nature. All of the cards look identical so it's honestly a random pick. Enjoy the pass guys and thanks for including us!

:dancing:  :dancing: You rock Jessica.

johncw

QuoteCigarPlace - 8/27/2014  2:19 PM

Hey Guys,

Very cool Jessica... Thank you

Shukpaw

I have the pass.  I  was up in Whistler BC for a 4 day weekend.  I let John know, but didn't want to post that I was away on the forum.  I might still get it out today, but my son started at a new school today and there have been some unforeseen issues to deal that have taken up a lot of my time today.  If I don't have it wrapped up before the post office closes, I will get it out tomorrow.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

johncw

Sounds great Neil just let us know.

Thanks

bmac7754

Quotejohncw - 8/27/2014  5:56 PM  
QuoteCigarPlace - 8/27/2014  2:19 PM  Hey Guys,   Due to the extra day's delay in getting this out, I've upped the gift certificate value in the package for you all. There is a slew of $10 Gift Certificates in the box along with one $25 gift certificate that is completely random in nature. All of the cards look identical so it's honestly a random pick. Enjoy the pass guys and thanks for including us!
Very cool Jessica... Thank you

Nice Jessica.  Looks like I will have to spend some more money with you.

Shukpaw

The pass left today.  Kent, there is a cigar in there that is not on the list and does not meet the pass specs (it's too big).  It's a ride along for you.  Just PM when you get it and I'll tell you what year it is.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

johncw

Neil,

Very nice takes and puts... Thanks for joining the pass!

05Venturer

pass was in my mailbox when I got home today on the bike.
Put and Takes are done and should be back on the road tomorrow
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

johncw

Kent thanks for the puts and takes...

I need to update the order a little bit after Brian... I'll also send a PM out for a reminder.

thanks

bmac7754

No problem on the pass order and thanks for the head up.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.