Do you sharpen cigar cutters?

Started by bmac7754, 09/15/2014 12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cfickter

QuoteSparklePony - 9/21/2014  11:15 AM  
Quote05Venturer - 9/20/2014  10:09 PM  never sharpen when you can get em on the cheap like this  http://www.amazon.com/Prestige-Import-Group-V-Cut-Cutter/dp/B00J21XEOM/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1411265286&sr=8-20&keywords=cigar+cutter+v+cut

I happen to own that cutter!  I got it for a bargain basement price, too...  Only $7,000!  :lmao:

Oh, that must have been the Bedazzled version! 

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Cigary

QuoteBrlesq - 9/15/2014  3:09 PM  Xikar has a lifetime guarantee.  Contact them and tell them the issue.  They will tell you what to do to send it to them for sharpening.  Many times they simply just replace it.  I have done this 4-5 times over the past 10 years on various Xikar products.  They are the best customer service group out there!

Yep...why sharpen them when you would get a replacement...this is why I buy Xikar products.

Smurf

QuoteCigary - 1/10/2015  2:33 PM

QuoteBrlesq - 9/15/2014  3:09 PM  Xikar has a lifetime guarantee.  Contact them and tell them the issue.  They will tell you what to do to send it to them for sharpening.  Many times they simply just replace it.  I have done this 4-5 times over the past 10 years on various Xikar products.  They are the best customer service group out there!

Yep...why sharpen them when you would get a replacement...this is why I buy Xikar products.

:word:
orbis non sufficit

Ken Kelley

You can indeed sharpen a cigar cutter but it takes patience and skill + the right tools to do the job. Far better to buy Xikars and send them back when they get dull like most of us do. However, if you really want to try your hand...have at it!  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.