V Cutter Recommendations

Started by 05Venturer, 09/20/2014 07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horseshoe

I am kicking the tires on a Xikar V cutter. I really want one, but wife wants me to wait as it would be a good Christmas Present.

assoc

I love my Xikar V-cutter.

horseshoe

Ok, I tried my V Cutter by Xikar. I am so glad I took the recommendation of those on here. Talk about sweet. Hot knife through butter!

Thanks CG!

s+j

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 9/21/2014  9:47 AM

Xikar has my vote. It doubles as a cigar holder!

The Xikar VX has been working great for me too. I don't use it as a cigar holder though as I find it smells nasty afterward.

Jay'D

Tried a Xikar XV cutter for the first last night, think I found my favorite cutter....at least when it comes to torpedos and those of the sort. Will try it out with the other viotolas and see how it fares with those. I would definately recommend the Xikar XV though.
Last name Hungry first name Always

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

hebron

I just ordered these two from China, $8 and free shipping. Looking forward to seeing how they perform :)
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

bigjohn20081983

Quotehebron - 5/8/2015  8:49 AM  I just ordered these two from China, $8 and free shipping. Looking forward to seeing how they perform :)

Those look close to what my B&M sells for about $4-$5 (can't remember the exact cost) but they are very close looking to those minus the logo if they are the same they make a pretty good backup but dull fairly quick with any major use. Oh and one of the ones I had the edge bent super easy making a bad cut so keep an eye on that.

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

hebron

Quotebigjohn20081983 - 5/8/2015  3:04 PM

Quotehebron - 5/8/2015  8:49 AM  I just ordered these two from China, $8 and free shipping. Looking forward to seeing how they perform :)

Those look close to what my B&M sells for about $4-$5 (can't remember the exact cost) but they are very close looking to those minus the logo if they are the same they make a pretty good backup but dull fairly quick with any major use. Oh and one of the ones I had the edge bent super easy making a bad cut so keep an eye on that.

Thanks for the advice, I've ordered these "Cohiba" products from China before and they perform quite well. So cheap compared to anything I can get here in Norway, worth trying out. I've never even tried a V-cut, so that will be exciting to try :)
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.