Started by sar127, 11/24/2014 11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Premium Superbowl Squares POLL

1 Cigar/square + $2 Cash
10 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 11

mike.casey

QuoteLsar127 - 11/24/2014  6:49 PM

Quotemike.casey - 11/24/2014  6:30 PM  God of fire, LP pigs, rats and unicos, HTF and limited Tats, pre 2012 Libertys are a few to come to mind.

Thanks for the recommendations, those are all absolutely welcome. Let's go ahead and keep vetting ideas here in this thread so the actual contest thread can be nice and clean. 

:bigthumbs:

I promise I would not post suggestions on an official contest thread. I agree that the list should be specific to keep the quality high. I just think that the list could be 25 to 50 sticks long and the winners could end up with a nice variety of very nice sticks.

What about high end and LE ISOMs, or Litto Gomez small batch?

Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

sjn1117

I see Mike's point, we usually just set a pricerange and go from there, but I see Rob's point as well trying to be specific in narrowing it to super premiums. I do think the listed cigars are meant to be a guideline but I could be wrong. Hell I'll probably play both contests this year anyway, I'm getting good at losing!  :biggrin:
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

sar127

We can do that too, set a price range. But Anejos are cheap at $8+ while rare and opus are well,  expensive and rare. So how do we set a price range, because I don't care how expensive a Perdomo 12th is, it sure ain't a premium! I guess we can just leave it up to the player to know or to ask first? Especially since the cigars will have to be shipped to me before the contest starts anyway.
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

mike.casey

Quotesar127 - 11/24/2014  7:56 PM

We can do that too, set a price range. But Anejos are cheap at $8+ while rare and opus are well,  expensive and rare. So how do we set a price range, because I don't care how expensive a Perdomo 12th is, it sure ain't a premium! I guess we can just leave it up to the player to know or to ask first? Especially since the cigars will have to be shipped to me before the contest starts anyway.

I totally agree with a specific list. As you say the price range will not achieve the desired result, but a list of 10 or 15 that everyone agrees are super premiums will allow for a little more variety/participation while keeping the original spirit of the high stakes super bowl squares contest.

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

sar127

Agreed, we have a good list thus far, let's see what other input we get this week.  Hoping to start sign ups next week.
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

mike.casey

Quotesar127 - 11/24/2014  8:25 PM

Agreed, we have a good list thus far, let's see what other input we get this week.  Hoping to start sign ups next week.

I was pretty vague on the Tat's and ISOMs, it will be important if you want to include those to go through the inventory and get specific, unless you want 62 Cojonu 2012s (which I love, but are easy to get) populating your board. I would send some PM's to Jason (Jackel) and/or Nathan (NWB) and ask them to help you compile a good list.

They are mods, so they have to help. :biggrin:

edit: Also once you make the thread with your list, title it something like 'official contest thread' so knuckleheads like me dont muck it up with more suggestions about how YOU need to run YOUR contest. :thumbsup:

Ron White

mike.casey

You may want to bring up, how you plan to get the winnings to the winners. There are always a lot of opinions on that as well.

Ron White

sar127

Noted. Shipping wise I was gonna have everyone mail to me by a deadline and I'll ship prizes to the 4 winners, simple enough.
Sir Rob

sjn1117

I'm too lazy to go back a page and read but I woud assume that HTF Unicos and the such would fit the bill right? Ashtons, Davidoffs, etc...?
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

sauraspop

:-0 Too rich for me, especially after Christmas.
Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.