Next year cigar for troops idea

Started by bigjohn20081983, 10/12/2014 05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Next year cigar for troops idea

Doable idea
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

bigjohn20081983

I know because of time it takes to get your items its not a option for this year but I was thinking for next years cigars for troops efforts maybe a few geeks could get together and do a bulk order from one of those sites like alibaba or aliexpress. One option I seen on alibaba was 500 cutters @ $0.56
  If you do the lowest order of  500 units @ $0.56 each it would run $280 plus shipping   it seems like a way to be able to include more punches or cutters in the shipment.   What do y'all think?
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

nwb

It is definitely an option.

Not be crush the idea, but that might actually be too many cutters.  I send 3-4 packages per year, and we usually have around 15 cutters/punches to throw in with each package.  Many of the soldiers that have received shipments already smoke cigars, and therefore already have various accessories.  So do I think we send enough?  I'm not positive, but it probably covers the majority of the need.  Could we send a few more? Yes.  It is finding that good balance without waste that's tough.
Chief of Shaft

bigjohn20081983

You have a very good point on the balance. I was looking at it from the stand point of them receiving a few cigars and not having a cutter or punch. I know there is always a sharp knife and the CHOMP. I am sure we can find a smaller lot as well if we looked Heck maybe someone can sweet talk a B&M.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

nwb

There are some nice deals to be had for cutters here in the states, usually around $1.00/each.  So we could probably spend $100 or less and cover everyone.  I'll definitely keep it in mind for next year!
Chief of Shaft

bigjohn20081983

Aldous Huxley

Raul Julia

bstessl

You can usually find cutters on the devil site for a buck a piece,  that's what I did for the troops donation this year,  I sent 10, and I know others sent more.
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

nwb

Quotebstessl - 10/12/2014  11:07 PM

You can usually find cutters on the devil site for a buck a piece,  that's what I did for the troops donation this year,  I sent 10, and I know others sent more.

Yes, we've probably received 50 cutters/punches already.  This is definitely more than we have received in previous drives, and it is much appreciated!
Chief of Shaft

DonM

I am sure that cutters are a luxury item and greatly appreciated.  Keep in mind that troops in the field are ingenious and every good soldier is going to have a sharp knife on them  :usa:

"The Curmudgeon"

Ted

Quotebstessl - 10/12/2014  9:07 PM  You can usually find cutters on the devil site for a buck a piece,  that's what I did for the troops donation this year,  I sent 10, and I know others sent more.

There are always those 2 pak deals (punch, v, and/or guillotine) that can often be had for $1.00 each there. I usually have 2-3 of each kind on hand for guests/friends/family. Sent my last 6 in this year, so will be keeping an eye out for the next month to resupply. Don't snake my bids!  ;-)

Cfickter

Ok the marketing person in me is coming out. So if we head this way, and I think we should, let's get them branded. Either with the CG logo, Stars and Stripes, or say thank you to the troops
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

bigjohn20081983

QuoteCfickter - 10/13/2014  12:57 PM  Ok the marketing person in me is coming out. So if we head this way, and I think we should, let's get them branded. Either with the CG logo, Stars and Stripes, or say thank you to the troops

I like the way you think. :biggrin:

Aldous Huxley

Raul Julia

Longhorn

Good ideas - are you coordinating the acquisition of cutters next year, Big John?

bigjohn20081983

I want to get a idea if everyone thinks its worth before I consider that next step Longhorn
Aldous Huxley

Raul Julia

nwb

If you go that route and use the Geeks branding, be sure to clear it with SenorPablo first.
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.