Swisher Acquires Drew Estate

Started by Otter, 10/20/2014 11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otter

QuoteSenorPablo - 10/20/2014  6:58 PM

Kind of sad to see.  I'm sure in the near term you won't see much change, but over time they will be assimilated and "cost efficiencies" will kick in that will stifle the creativity and freedom that drove its success.  I hope i'm wrong. :-(

-Paul

I have never been a huge fan of CAO, but that is what we saw after they were acquired by General Cigar. I think the best commentary so far has come from Steve Saka. At this point I think it was probably a good option for JD and crew and I hope the best for them, they worked hard and hard work pays off.
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Jackal

Maybe I am in the minority here, but this sounded like a great pairing when I heard it.  Both companies have a lot to offer each other.  I have worked for a small company who was purchased by a multi-billion dollar conglomerate.  There were small changes, but overall they let us run things more or less as we had, because that is what made us successful.

DE has a lot of products that could use gas station distribution.  Swisher is trying to expand into the premium market.

DE has very sucessful lines that need to fight off government intervention much more than other brand names, and Swisher has deep pockets.

I don't have a crystal ball that tells me if this will be a success.  However,it sure looks like a good move to me for all parties involved.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.