Cigar lounge / man cave project

Started by hebron, 10/22/2014 03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Longhorn

Thomas, the "Mave" (see what I did there?) is looking great!  :thumbsup:

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

bstessl

Gotta love how CG is always on the screen to the right... Glad it's coming along for you!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

hebron

QuoteLonghorn - 11/21/2014  10:50 PM

Thomas, the "Mave" (see what I did there?) is looking great!  :thumbsup:

Thanks! :)
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

hebron

Getting ready to smoke! :D

My electronics lab is unpacked and getting ready to go as well.

Tools, electronics and computer stuff. I have a lot of it.

The opening that needs a door.
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

05Venturer

Quotehebron - 11/21/2014  2:59 PM

Getting the door installed tomorrow, so if everything goes according to plan I will be smoking in the man cave tomorrow evening. \o/

:bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

hebron

I have a door :D

Some work do remain on the inside though, but it works for now :D
- Thomas

toby2

RDF

Looking good!  The mave has a portal.
HokieSmokes!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." H. Jackson Brown

hebron

It's been broken in! Thanks to Don and Chuck for taking part  :thumbsup:
- Thomas

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

hebron

I seem to have encountered a problem I did not anticipate. It get's quite hot in here, it is located in the basement and has no ovens but still it reaches 75 when I'm in here working on the computer. This electronic equipment is generating more heat than I thought, and the room is quite good insulated with concrete on three sides.

Running the fan periodically now to reduce the temperature to around 70. This might be a problem in the summer months... But I have some time to think of a solution :)
- Thomas

Longhorn

Quotehebron - 11/25/2014  5:37 PM

I seem to have encountered a problem I did not anticipate. It get's quite hot in here, it is located in the basement and has no ovens but still it reaches 75 when I'm in here working on the computer. This electronic equipment is generating more heat than I thought, and the room is quite good insulated with concrete on three sides.

Running the fan periodically now to reduce the temperature to around 70. This might be a problem in the summer months... But I have some time to think of a solution :)

Ductless HVAC.  I have an LG unit running and it works great - you can get them with a heater option too.

Otherwise, Kent has a Green Bay Packer G-String that you can wear when it's too warm. :biggrin:

hebron

QuoteLonghorn - 11/26/2014  4:25 AM

Quotehebron - 11/25/2014  5:37 PM

Ductless HVAC.  I have an LG unit running and it works great - you can get them with a heater option too.

Otherwise, Kent has a Green Bay Packer G-String that you can wear when it's too warm. :biggrin:

Yeah, we have one of those for heating in the living room; they are great indeed. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that though, I do have a portable air conditioning unit in case of emergency. And I'm looking to reduce the heat output from my equipment. Which made me by two new (larger) computer screens because they generate less heat :D Win-win.

I'll PM Kent about the G-String  :lmao:
- Thomas

Ted

If you wear it to a herf, make sure you warn people!

:lmao:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.