Swiss army knife cigar cutter.

Started by bigjohn20081983, 10/28/2014 06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjohn20081983

I know a few of us are gear people as well as cigar smokers. When I seen they have a few different swiss army knives out now some with a triple set of punches and others with a cutter based on the cigar scissors concept it got me thinking I wonder if anyone here has tried them yet. At around $50+ they are a touch pricey but it is also a way not to carry a stand alone punch or cutter.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

toby2

they look cool. I almost always just pinch off the cap when I'm away from home anymore.

bigjohn20081983

Quotetoby2 - 10/28/2014  9:07 AM  they look cool. I almost always just pinch off the cap when I'm away from home anymore.

I have never felt comfortable trying that or doing the ole beaver chomp method.

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

StogieDad

I have never tried one.  The concern I would have is it staying consistently sharp and tight.  I just went for the Xikar scissors, have a few other tools in there as well, but no knife blade.  I don't generally carry a knife every day though, and I have a rubberized punch on my keychain if I need it.  And not beyond using my hands if needed.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

lubrix

I don't use a scissors or a punch,rather lug around a cutter than an anchor.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

nirab

My Xikar V Cutter is lightweight, and doubles as a cigar holder. Can any of these do that?  :shades:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

bmac7754

I still like the large Swiss army knife for $1000.  With its 87 tools, and 147 functions you should be able to cut a cigar somehow.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

bigjohn20081983

Quotebmac7754 - 10/28/2014  10:59 AM  

I still like the large Swiss army knife for $1000.  With its 87 tools, and 147 functions you should be able to cut a cigar somehow.

You can I see the cutter on it. :-)  He'll you should just about be able to take a vehicle apart with that monstrosity.

Aldous Huxley

Raul Julia

Longhorn

My go to cutter lately is the Xikar MTX.  It folds up and is easily carried in the "watch pocket" of jeans and is sharper than a razor blade.  You can find them for less than $50...

StogieDad

Exactly what I just bought Brad.  Cigarplace has them for $34.95, plus geeks10 gets your 10% off.  Then I had a $10 gift certificate from them as well.  Cut my first with it last night, like you said, razor sharp and very tight.  Glad I picked it up.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

sauraspop

QuoteStogieDad - 10/28/2014  11:19 AM  Exactly what I just bought Brad.  Cigarplace has them for $34.95, plus geeks10 gets your 10% off.  Then I had a $10 gift certificate from them as well.  Cut my first with it last night, like you said, razor sharp and very tight.  Glad I picked it up.

Just ordered mine with the same geeks10 & a $10 gift certificate. Looks like a nice cutter. I've been wanting a scissors cutter and this one is portable too, just what I need for the car. Thanks for the tip Brad and Michael!   :thumbsup:

Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

nirab

can they do this? :confused:  :angel:  :shy:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

sauraspop

Quotenirab - 10/28/2014  4:49 PM  can they do this? :confused:  :angel:  :shy:

Got one of those but I find the V cut for anything over about a 52 ring doesn't give me the draw I like. Otherwise I love the V. 

Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

Cfickter

back on the Swiss gadget, I could see it being pretty useful if you carried a knife and cutter with you all the time.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

ItalianGuido

Scissors always mangle the cap for me. Either the cut slides off the cap, or the squeezing cracks the cigar. I have tried two different kinds, same result. They look cool, but that's it. I only use them when I'm too lazy to find the guillotine.
"Cigars!"  - Gene Hackman from "Young Frankenstein"

bigjohn20081983

QuoteItalianGuido - 10/28/2014  9:08 PM  Scissors always mangle the cap for me. Either the cut slides off the cap, or the squeezing cracks the cigar. I have tried two different kinds, same result. They look cool, but that's it. I only use them when I'm too lazy to find the guillotine.

I just thought these looked cool. Most of the time I am a punch or as of recent a V cut guy myself.

Aldous Huxley

Raul Julia

StogieDad

QuoteCfickter - 10/28/2014  7:35 PM

back on the Swiss gadget, I could see it being pretty useful if you carried a knife and cutter with you all the time.

Agreed.  If you carry a pocket knife that would be handy to have as a backup or when you are out and about.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

bigjohn20081983

Y'all have me wanting a damn xikar cutter and scissors now. I found a Xikar X2N online for  $25.99  but not knowing xikar prices very well not sure how good of a deal that is.  http://www.opticsplanet.com/xikar-cigar-cutter-black.html
Aldous Huxley

Raul Julia

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.