Soft flame lighter

Started by Braddugan85, 10/28/2014 07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Braddugan85

I'm in the market for a soft flame light. Any recommendations?  Willing to spend up to $100.

I currently have a triple flame jet lighter but I feel like I always burn the tobacco with it and always get uneven burns, burning the fastest where I first light. Maybe it's just me and I'm not lighting properly, but if a soft flame will prevent this, then it's worth it to me.

Thx!

bigjohn20081983

Have you tried a Bic lighter to see if you get the results your looking for 1st?  I use a single flame torch myself I toast the end first then I do the actual light and most of the time I get a good even burn.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Braddugan85

Yeah I've used a BIC but I've read it's better to use butane since its odorles.

sjn1117

Do you smoke inside a lot or at least somewhere wind isn't an issue? Also I believe the BIC is a butane lighter. :-)
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

05Venturer

QuoteBraddugan85 - 10/28/2014  9:40 PM  Yeah I've used a BIC but I've read it's better to use butane since its odorles.

BIC IS Butane

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Rammstein142

Not sure how soft I would rule the AB "The Burner" lighter but I have gotten awesome results toasting and lighting with it. Love the thing and actually drag it along with me occasionally when I head over to my buds for a weekend smoke.
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

Vroomp

I use a lot of BICs and never tasted anything. I feel if your palate can detect butane from natural gas from propane you should be working at CA>.....

Litto Gomez Diez with his BIC lighter in hand......  :biggrin:

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

toby2

Zikar flint lighters are very thin and bullet proof. the only xikar I own I haven't sent back....

Braddugan85

Well I'll be damned... Thanks.

Kman

Now if you absolutely HAVE to have a more expensive soft flame, the Xikar EX and EX II are both soft flames that are also wind resistant (to a point)
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

sar127

QuoteRammstein142 - 10/28/2014  9:59 PM  Not sure how soft I would rule the AB "The Burner" lighter but I have gotten awesome results toasting and lighting with it. Love the thing and actually drag it along with me occasionally when I head over to my buds for a weekend smoke.

My favorite as well,  its on Amazon for just $35.

http://www.amazon.com/Alec-Bradley-Burner-Table-Lighter/dp/B005EQR3LO

Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Cfickter

i use the soft flame myself.  I use the Xikar Room 101 which my wife got me as a gift.  It's around $100, I wouldn't have bought it myself but heck,
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

DonM

QuoteRammstein142 - 10/28/2014  10:59 PM

Not sure how soft I would rule the AB "The Burner" lighter but I have gotten awesome results toasting and lighting with it. Love the thing and actually drag it along with me occasionally when I head over to my buds for a weekend smoke.

My favorite lighter at home :bigthumbs:

"The Curmudgeon"

Brlesq

QuoteKman - 10/28/2014  11:58 PM

Now if you absolutely HAVE to have a more expensive soft flame, the Xikar EX and EX II are both soft flames that are also wind resistant (to a point)

X2 on this.  I've got an EXII carbon Fiber, and I absolutely love it.  And the Lifetime warranty that Xikar has on all of their products cinched the deal.

(DISCLOSURE:  Kman "enabled" me to buy this as well, so I'm not sure if he gets a kickback on these or not.)   :biggrin:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Kman

QuoteBrlesq - 10/29/2014  7:25 AM  
QuoteKman - 10/28/2014  11:58 PM  Now if you absolutely HAVE to have a more expensive soft flame, the Xikar EX and EX II are both soft flames that are also wind resistant (to a point)
X2 on this.  I've got an EXII carbon Fiber, and I absolutely love it.  And the Lifetime warranty that Xikar has on all of their products cinched the deal.  (DISCLOSURE:  Kman "enabled" me to buy this as well, so I'm not sure if he gets a kickback on these or not.)   :biggrin:  

:lmao: I initially enabled you Bruce, but ended up enabling myself, as I ended up buying the same EXII Carbon Fiber online this summer.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Brlesq

QuoteKman - 10/29/2014  10:56 AM

QuoteKman - 10/28/2014  11:58 PM  Now if you absolutely HAVE to have a more expensive soft flame, the Xikar EX and EX II are both soft flames that are also wind resistant (to a point)
X2 on this.  I've got an EXII carbon Fiber, and I absolutely love it.  And the Lifetime warranty that Xikar has on all of their products cinched the deal.  (DISCLOSURE:  Kman "enabled" me to buy this as well, so I'm not sure if he gets a kickback on these or not.)   :biggrin:  

:lmao: I initially enabled you Bruce, but ended up enabling myself, as I ended up buying the same EXII Carbon Fiber online this summer.

Wait a minute.  You enabled me into buying something that you didn't even own at the time?!? OK, two can play at that game!

Kerry, these are great and a screaming good deal at only $1/cigar!  Buy them now before they are gone!  http://www.cigarsinternational.com/samplers/62277/po-boy-ii-sampler/#p-59814

:biggrin:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Kman

QuoteBrlesq - 10/29/2014  1:01 PM  
QuoteKman - 10/29/2014  10:56 AM  

Wait a minute.  You enabled me into buying something that you didn't even own at the time?!? OK, two can play at that game!   Kerry, these are great and a screaming good deal at only $1/cigar!  Buy them now before they are gone!  http://www.cigarsinternational.com/samplers/62277/po-boy-ii-sampler/#p-59814      :biggrin:    

Be careful Bruce.... if you're going to "return the favor", then you better be ready to buy that AMAZING sampler yourself after I do. I may spend the $30 just to make you have to freeze, thaw and store those puppies that you know you'll never smoke.

Brlesq

I don't think that I would have to freeze those.  Even beetles won't go near them!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

StogieDad

QuoteBrlesq - 10/29/2014  1:52 PM

I don't think that I would have to freeze those.  Even beetles won't go near them!

But the MSRP is $180, they have to be good right?????  :barf:
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.