CAO American

Started by betasynn, 10/26/2009 04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

betasynn

I'm currently enjoying a CAO American. I always love this cigar when I have it, especially in the fat little Potomac vitola. Great cigar, fuller then I remember but that's a nice surprise.

NES Tek

I have never had one. I love the Italias and just got in a pack of the Brazilias. Another I'll have to add to my "To Try" list.
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

Jackal

I've had the Monument.  Very nice smoke.  

The Brazilia is great too as is the CX2, if you can find it.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Hound10

I just got one a couple weeks ago - haven't lit it yet, but she's sure pretty to look at!
"Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics"

nwb

I've got a few of these in my humi resting right now.  I smoked one a couple of weeks ago, and they are a nice change of pace smoke.  They rank right under the Brazilia for me, although I also enjoy the Italias on occasion.

However, I've never really gotten into their X2 lines.  I've tried the MX2, LX2, and CX2, but I think they are all kind of one dimensional.

nwb
Chief of Shaft

DonM

I am not a CAO fan at all, my bggest complaint with them is draw, and of course flavor.  A friend gave me a CAO La Traviata last night, and it was great.  So maybe CAO aint so bad after all

"The Curmudgeon"

mcdimond

CAO is on my "when I get around to it"list. Are they worth moving up to the "go try one now" list?
Michael

Fun Fact:
Groucho Marx suffered from insomnia, which he claimed was due to a financial loss in the stock market. When he suffered from insomnia, he used to call people up in the middle of the night and insult them. In the 1950s Groucho was invited to take a tour of the New York Stock Exchange. While in the observation booth, he grabbed the public address system handset and began singing "Lydia the Tattooed Lady". Upon hearing silence coming from the trading floor, he walked into view, was given a loud cheer by the traders, and shouted, "Gentlemen, in 1929 I lost eight hundred thousand dollars on this floor, and I intend to get my money's worth!" For fifteen minutes, he sang, danced, told jokes, and all this time, the Wall Street stock ticker was running blank.

Jackal

I enjoy the flavors of many of the CAOs.  However, the burn is often really bad.  These are cigars that you have to keep at a low RH (65% or less) or they want to tunnel.

kylepwhalen

For me they are a "go and try one now" cigar. I've yet to have a CAO I dislike

Jackal

Quotekylepwhalen - 10/27/2009  8:38 AM

I agree as long as you exclude their flavored series (those taste cheap and nasty).

kylepwhalen

QuoteJackal - 10/27/2009  10:44 AM

Quotekylepwhalen - 10/27/2009  8:38 AM

I agree as long as you exclude their flavored series (those taste cheap and nasty).

Oh yes thats true, their little flavored cigars are HORRID. I bought one for my girlfriend....not a smart move. She didn't like it and neither did I.

nwb

QuoteJackal - 10/27/2009  11:22 AM

I enjoy the flavors of many of the CAOs.  However, the burn is often really bad.  These are cigars that you have to keep at a low RH (65% or less) or they want to tunnel.

Completely agree.  If you end up purchasing some to try, make sure they have stabilized at an RH below 65% before you smoke them.  Do not, I repeat, do not, try to smoke them right OTT or out of a B&M's humidor.  You will more than likely have burn issues.

I've never had any issues with their cigars at lower humidity.  That being said, the draw on most of their cigars is a little tighter than I would prefer.  Still good cigars, though.

nwb
Chief of Shaft

calvarez

So apparently I'm really weird.  I like their flavored smokes, and they got the SO interested in cigars.  Enough so that we now have "her" humidor with various flavored sticks.  She likes the Tabak Especial Cafe con Leche best, and several of the CAOs.  I'll occasionally dip into her humidor for something light and flavored.  Yes, I know this potentially marks me as a raving homosexual, what can I say.

On the other hand, I really disliked the America.  I like CAO in general, but hated the America.  I wish I still had my tasting notes on that one, as I can't recall what it was I disliked specifically.
Carlos Alvarez, Peoria, AZ

"I've learned that the taboo subjects -- religion, politics,
philosophy -- can be safely discussed in polite company
when you're holding a fine cigar and a scotch."
  -- Me

Sticks

I don't like CAO's in general because their draw really sucks!  :lmao:  
Okay what I mean is it is very tight. On the America line, I tossed two 50 ring sized sticks becuase I just could not draw.  I purchased five  of the Monuments 5x56 and they have great draw and the taste is fantasic.

DennisA

I'm another that has yet meet a CAO I didn't like.
The thought of any flavored cigar just doesn't really appeal to me, so I'm not too likely to try one of them.
Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most.

Bob Cordell

The Brazilia is fantastic if you havent tried one yet. I dont seem to have the draw issues everybody is talking about either. The VR and Black lines are excellent as well...

The America was ok, nothing that stands out to me but maybe I need to try that other one I have left.

:dancing:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

mountedshriner

I am a big fan of the CAO MX2. Just an absolutely great smoke!! :dancing:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.