Anyone tried out e-cigarettes or "vaping"

Started by cmmayo, 11/06/2014 08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjohn20081983

QuoteMojo66 - 11/7/2014  8:58 AM  Am not opposed to them. Have tried a couple of times but am not into flavoured juices. I plan on buying one to kill my cigarettes habit, just as a means to get rid of it completely.  Now if they came up with something that comes close to cigars, I'd surely try it, would make some winter months easier to cope with.

looks into a dry herb vaporizer you can put like a pipe tobacco or cigar end in it and enjoy. It's a hybrid cross of vaping and smoking.

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

cmmayo

If I had to suggest a set up for a beginning trying to get off cigarettes, it would be this:

A) The MVP v2 I have (about $40): http://101vape.com/variable-voltagewattage-devices/148-innokin-itaste-mvp-v20.html#/color-black
---> Comes with everything you need except the juice to get started (it includes a tank that holds your eliquid). My advice is to set it to 8.0 watts and leave it there until you know more.

B) Two great tobacco flavored juices, are...
Captain Jack ($20 for a month's supply of e-liquid): http://www.halocigs.com/captain-jack-eliquid.html
Fraho: http://www.giantvapes.com/fraho/

If you can find a store in your area, you can try out flavors before you buy. Just avoid stores that only carry their own line of flavors and nothing else--they are only interested in making money and not providing you with good choices.

The main issue is your health, but I also noticed cigarettes get in the way of tasting cigars. And isn't that the reason we are all here?  :biggrin:
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

DonM

Quotecmmayo - 11/7/2014  10:50 AM

The main issue is your health, but I also noticed cigarettes get in the way of tasting cigars. And isn't that the reason we are all here?  :biggrin:

When I quit cigarettes I don't think the e cig was even around and did it cold turkey which was rough. To do it over, I would recommend vaping.  You are right, it is about your health and enjoying a fine cigar with out cigarettes is a wonderful thing

"The Curmudgeon"

Rammstein142

When I quite cigs a few years ago Ecigs were just starting and I went out and bought the Blu E cig from online. Must say I highly enjoyed it and liked that I could carry around the extra batteries like a pack of cigs. Helped with the physical and psychological parts of quitting as well. Anyways haven't touched an e cig since but my brother uses one of those custom fancy ones and then my uncle refurbishes cheap old estate pipes into e pipes which I find pretty cool. But I will say E cigs in any form are the way to go if quitting. You get that feeling of holding a cigarette between your lips, at least with the Blu brand, as well as the inhaling and exhaling of "smoke" plus the nicotine with out all that other garbage. I noticed an improvement in my lungs within a few weeks and started feeling awesome in the mornings vs feeling sluggish and like rubbish.

"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

Kathy_Miller

Quote looks into a dry herb vaporizer you can put like a pipe tobacco or cigar end in it and enjoy. It's a hybrid cross of vaping and smoking

You can also enjoy different blends of recreational magic weed (legal age only :)) in such herbal combo-vaporizers, there is no strict limitation to tobacco. I've got one http://gypsyvapes.com/herbal-smoke-herb-vaporizer just to extend my eliquid experience.

vw77guy

I haven't tried it but a friend of mine that was trying to get off cigarettes did it and got down to 0% nicotine just like you.  He continued for some time for the flavors!  It does smell good, but to me it seems like a pipe.  Sure it smells good and is probably enjoyable, but it looks like a lot of work.

Cfickter

haven't tried it, not interested in trying it, but enjoy
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Degni

E-cigarettes are mostly meaningless to use. But I can recommend you a special vape kit made by a company Blessed CBD oil. Thanks to CBD oil for vape, you can easily quit Smoking without getting headaches. I recommend that you go to the brand's website and place an order while you can.

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

klamm143

I tried it - mainly as a dare from my kids - 3 of my 4 kids are vapors. My youngest daughter (20) is a chain vaping addict (if there is such a thing). I must say that it is a cleaner way to get nicotine kicks than smoking cigs but I'm still perplexed by all the flavors available and my kids buying new flavors to try. Not like the days when the choices were easy - regular or menthol / regulars or kings!!!! Now when I'm out with the kids and we stop by THE VAPE SHOPS - It's like "yeah - let me try that bubble gum flavor with the .5 nic hit and let me get a bottle of the burbon flavor with max nic----OH and can I get some samples of those floral herbs and spice???" Then the clerk says - "sure thing and have you seen the new vapes we got in - today there's as special on the vape/ vape kit / coil wire and rebuild tools / plus charger and 3 extra batteries all for the low low price of $165 plus tax - and I'll also throw in another bottle of bubble gum for you!!" And then the clerk says "by the way - your original order comes to $52.08 - will that be cash or card??"................And I use to think seeing them pay 5 dollars for a pack of Marlboro's was outrageous..........The times - they are a changin'.......I just need to stay home and smoke 15 dollar (or more) cigars and lecture the kids on how they pay tooooooo much for their vape juices!!!!
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

mr_flounder

I currently vape. I used to be a pack a day smoker for 10 plus years and 6 years ago I tried vaping and I've never picked up a cigarette again. Quitting smoking for me was difficult because I really enjoyed smoking. I looked forward to a 5-10 min break to myself. I wanted to quit because I knew the damage it was doing. Vaping allowed me to quit the unhealthy parts of a cigarette but still get the nicotine fix and the 5 min break.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.