Cigar Geeks Secret Santa 2014

Started by Rebecca Silverwolf, 11/06/2014 12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longhorn

Rebecca, please add me to the list.  Thanks for doing this again!

Rebecca Silverwolf

Okay, here's the updated participation list for the Secret Santa:

StogieDad (Michael)
Joelala (Joe)
Chrism305 (Chris)
Brlesq (Bruce)
lubrix (Paul)
toby2 (Toby)
DonM (Don)
ntanner (Neal)
nirab (Brian)
sjn1117 (Stephen)
Otter (Jay)
SenorPablo (Paul)
Jackal (Jason)
05Venturer (Kent)
Caveman Steve (Steve)
cavenbk (Bradley)
Chip Lemaster (Paul)
Cfickter (Chuck)
bigjohn20081983 (John)
The Burn Ward (Jared)
Mojo66 (Sebastien)
timpellis (Tim)
c.petree.1 (Chris and Megan)
kxthor911 (Nick)
bmac7754 (Brian)
CrazyK (Karl)
mpurtle01 (Matt)
SparklePony (John)
Kman (Kerry)
johncw (John)
Smurf (Eric)
mike.casey (Mike)
Jharrisx5 (Jason)
junglepete (Peter)
ItalianGuido (Aaron)
gpd4 (George)
RDF (Randy)
bstessl (Brian)
cigarzinn (Christian)
Kid Montana (Daniel)
Longhorn (Brad)

I believe that is 41 participants so far. Remember, you have until November 28th to sign up if you want to play.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

nirab

Quotesjn1117 - 11/11/2014  7:39 PM

That is a helluva list!

Yeppers! That's a list of top notch geeks!  :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Smurf

This will be epic looking foward to it
orbis non sufficit

kxthor911

So we will be getting our names of who to send to around the first of December?
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Rebecca Silverwolf

One more addition to the list, for a total of 42.

StogieDad (Michael)
Joelala (Joe)
Chrism305 (Chris)
Brlesq (Bruce)
lubrix (Paul)
toby2 (Toby)
DonM (Don)
ntanner (Neal)
nirab (Brian)
sjn1117 (Stephen)
Otter (Jay)
SenorPablo (Paul)
Jackal (Jason)
05Venturer (Kent)
Caveman Steve (Steve)
cavenbk (Bradley)
Chip Lemaster (Paul)
Cfickter (Chuck)
bigjohn20081983 (John)
The Burn Ward (Jared)
Mojo66 (Sebastien)
timpellis (Tim)
kxthor911 (Nick)
bmac7754 (Brian)
CrazyK (Karl)
mpurtle01 (Matt)
SparklePony (John)
Kman (Kerry)
johncw (John)
Smurf (Eric)
mike.casey (Mike)
Jharrisx5 (Jason)
junglepete (Peter)
ItalianGuido (Aaron)
gpd4 (George)
RDF (Randy)
bstessl (Brian)
cigarzinn (Christian)
Kid Montana (Daniel)
Longhorn (Brad)
Rammstein142 (Tim)

Remember, you have until November 28th to get your name on the list. I will be PMing everyone the name of their recipient within a day or two of that.

Also, make sure your shipping address is correct in your profile, so your Santa will know where to send your gift.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

Brlesq

Just a note to the newer members of the Secret Santa:

Although Geek math and generosity is legendary at here at CG, we try to keep the Secret Santa to the rules; i.e. 6 cigars total (1 of those very special & 1 of those a lump of coal).  This puts everybody on a level playing field and avoids making somebody else feel like they didn't send enough or that their gift didn't measure up to other gifts.  Its supposed to be a fun exchange and not cause stress for anyone because of financial or other circumstances.

Just an FYI before we start this up.   :bright:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

kxthor911

Thanks for the reminder Bruce. Last year some of us got out of hand a bit. I will send six sticks this year.
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

bigjohn20081983

QuoteBrlesq - 11/18/2014  8:39 AM  Just a note to the newer members of the Secret Santa:   Although Geek math and generosity is legendary at here at CG, we try to keep the Secret Santa to the rules; i.e. 6 cigars total (1 of those very special & 1 of those a lump of coal).  This puts everybody on a level playing field and avoids making somebody else feel like they didn't send enough or that their gift didn't measure up to other gifts.  Its supposed to be a fun exchange and not cause stress for anyone because of financial or other circumstances.  Just an FYI before we start this up.   :bright:    

:lmao: Now we all know that there are a few Geeks who play well with others but throw the rule book out the window just like the instruction manual.

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

kxthor911

Quotebigjohn20081983 - 11/18/2014  7:49 AM  

QuoteBrlesq - 11/18/2014  8:39 AM  Just a note to the newer members of the Secret Santa:   Although Geek math and generosity is legendary at here at CG, we try to keep the Secret Santa to the rules; i.e. 6 cigars total (1 of those very special & 1 of those a lump of coal).  This puts everybody on a level playing field and avoids making somebody else feel like they didn't send enough or that their gift didn't measure up to other gifts.  Its supposed to be a fun exchange and not cause stress for anyone because of financial or other circumstances.  Just an FYI before we start this up.   :bright:    

:lmao: Now we all know that there are a few Geeks who play well with others but throw the rule book out the window just like the instruction manual.

I believe that is exactly what prompted Bruce to post this. I guess the rules this year will be a little more strict. We do not want anyone else to feel like their package wasn't enough. If you feel the need to bomb or otherwise your person please do it in a second package or a part clearly marked as not part of the secret Santa. 

bigjohn20081983

Quotekxthor911 - 11/18/2014  9:04 AM  
Quotebigjohn20081983 - 11/18/2014  7:49 AM  

I believe that is exactly what prompted Bruce to post this. I guess the rules this year will be a little more strict. We do not want anyone else to feel like their package wasn't enough. If you feel the need to bomb or otherwise your person please do it in a second package or a part clearly marked as not part of the secret Santa. 

I agree I was just  picking on Bruce seeing as he is an enabler after all

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

1sgjeffward

Hey Rebecca I will play this year since I'm no longer hospitalized :biggrin:
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Rammstein142

One stick is a lump of coal eh? This should make it fun. I do have a question, are extra gifts allowed to be attached to the cigars? IE a beverage to pair with said smokes or perhaps some chocolates etc?
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

Cfickter

Quote1sgjeffward - 11/18/2014  4:37 PM  Hey Rebecca I will play this year since I'm no longer hospitalized :biggrin:

Awesome Jeff

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

sjn1117

Sweet! Jeff is back and never missed a beat!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Rebecca Silverwolf

QuoteRammstein142 - 11/18/2014  3:35 PM

One stick is a lump of coal eh? This should make it fun. I do have a question, are extra gifts allowed to be attached to the cigars? IE a beverage to pair with said smokes or perhaps some chocolates etc?

That would be perfectly fine.

Rebecca Silverwolf

QuoteBrlesq - 11/18/2014  5:39 AM

Just a note to the newer members of the Secret Santa:

Although Geek math and generosity is legendary at here at CG, we try to keep the Secret Santa to the rules; i.e. 6 cigars total (1 of those very special & 1 of those a lump of coal).  This puts everybody on a level playing field and avoids making somebody else feel like they didn't send enough or that their gift didn't measure up to other gifts.  Its supposed to be a fun exchange and not cause stress for anyone because of financial or other circumstances.

Just an FYI before we start this up.   :bright:

Thanks, Bruce.

I'm not going to tell people that under no circumstances should you send any extras with this. I'm all for people acting as the spirit of generosity moves them. However, do try to keep it reasonable if you really feel you must send extras. Also, if you do not (or cannot) send extras, it is neither expected nor required that you do so. So long as you send the six cigars outlined in the rules, you have sent all that you need send.

If people are really feeling moved by the holiday spirit, you can always just bomb some random Geeks.

Rebecca Silverwolf

Now up to 43 for the Secret Santa. Good to see you back, Jeff!

StogieDad (Michael)
Joelala (Joe)
Chrism305 (Chris)
Brlesq (Bruce)
lubrix (Paul)
toby2 (Toby)
DonM (Don)
ntanner (Neal)
nirab (Brian)
sjn1117 (Stephen)
Otter (Jay)
SenorPablo (Paul)
Jackal (Jason)
05Venturer (Kent)
Caveman Steve (Steve)
cavenbk (Bradley)
Chip Lemaster (Paul)
Cfickter (Chuck)
bigjohn20081983 (John)
The Burn Ward (Jared)
Mojo66 (Sebastien)
timpellis (Tim)
kxthor911 (Nick)
bmac7754 (Brian)
CrazyK (Karl)
mpurtle01 (Matt)
SparklePony (John)
Kman (Kerry)
johncw (John)
Smurf (Eric)
mike.casey (Mike)
Jharrisx5 (Jason)
junglepete (Peter)
ItalianGuido (Aaron)
gpd4 (George)
RDF (Randy)
bstessl (Brian)
cigarzinn (Christian)
Kid Montana (Daniel)
Longhorn (Brad)
Rammstein142 (Tim)
1sgjeffward (Jeff)

Longhorn

QuoteRebecca Silverwolf - 11/18/2014  10:26 PM

Now up to 43 for the Secret Santa. Good to see you back, Jeff!

X2 that!  Welcome back, Jeff!

bmac7754

Looking like another hefty list of geeks this year.  Just a reminder to help out your Santa, unblock your wishlist or VH so they can browse your stash.  I understand some don't want to show their current inventory, but at least the previous smokes and or wishlist would make it allot easier.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

nirab

Quotebmac7754 - 11/18/2014  9:54 PM

Looking like another hefty list of geeks this year.  Just a reminder to help out your Santa, unblock your wishlist or VH so they can browse your stash.  I understand some don't want to show their current inventory, but at least the previous smokes and or wishlist would make it allot easier.

:word:  :word:  :thumbsup:  :cigarman:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

jumberlack1

If Santa is willing to do USPS to my APO, I'm in.
Making bad decisions a profession!

McBryde

Rebecca, please add me to the list as well!

Emerson
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.