New cutter on the way

Started by 05Venturer, 11/07/2014 07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

Been looking to try one of these scissors and picked up a great deal from the devil, $7. Anybody have one?
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

The Burn Ward

My buddy has one. Got it free with a Gurkha sampler at ABC. The small pick is good for nubbing.

StogieDad

I have the Xikar version.  Very handy tool.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

Been thinking of getting a pair to try. Let me know what you think
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

DonM

I had the Xikar version and traded it.  Wished I would have kept it, but I had too many cutters anyway

"The Curmudgeon"

ntanner

I have been contemplating purchasing one recently but havn't pulled the trigger yet. Interested in what you think of it after a couple week's of use.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Camshaft83

I've been thinking about getting something like that myself. Let us know what you think.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Mojo66

Interested in finding out what you think of it.

I'm not sure how it would work comes the 2nd or 3rd cigar of the evening, CUI after many adult beverages :singing:

Seems to me this one might require a bit more skill and precision than my Xi3.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

DonM

For the $ you aren't loosing much if it is a POS. Curious of the quality over the Xikar

"The Curmudgeon"

StogieDad

As long as they are sharp, they don't require any more effort or precision.  If they get dull, they pinch instead of cut.  But for $7, just toss em when they dull and get a new pair.  I enjoy them (Xikar) because they cut smooth, aren't bulky, and the poker comes in handy to stick a nub, fix a draw, and there is a box opener as well.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Smurf

I have the xikar one and love it
orbis non sufficit

05Venturer

QuoteDonM - 11/8/2014  9:34 AM

For the $ you aren't loosing much if it is a POS. Curious of the quality over the Xikar
My thoughts exactly Don, I just threw in a low bid and didn't really think I would get it.
Besides the cutter I won 5 cans of Lotus butane for $1 a can.  :bigthumbs:

Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

bigjohn20081983

I seen a couple pairs on the devil site for $4 one had less than 2 days left to bid.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Otter

QuoteStogieDad - 11/7/2014  11:01 PM

I have the Xikar version.  Very handy tool.

X2
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

ItalianGuido

Quotebigjohn20081983 - 11/8/2014  2:18 PM  I seen a couple pairs on the devil site for $4 one had less than 2 days left to bid.

As much as I hate scissors, I got that exact set for $4 from the devil. I couldn't pass it up. I figure the tools are worth it. Or it may end up in my son's xmas stocking.

"Cigars!"  - Gene Hackman from "Young Frankenstein"

bigjohn20081983

QuoteItalianGuido - 11/8/2014  6:27 PM  

Quotebigjohn20081983 - 11/8/2014  2:18 PM  I seen a couple pairs on the devil site for $4 one had less than 2 days left to bid.

As much as I hate scissors, I got that exact set for $4 from the devil. I couldn't pass it up. I figure the tools are worth it. Or it may end up in my son's xmas stocking.

I have wanted to try a pair for awhile but I have yet to pull the trigger on them the punch and V cut are my goto methods.

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

ItalianGuido

I cut three cigars so far with this. It performed ok, but the jury is still out. Definitely makes me feel like Inspector Gadget or Maxwell Smart...
"Cigars!"  - Gene Hackman from "Young Frankenstein"

bigjohn20081983

QuoteItalianGuido - 11/12/2014  6:35 PM  I cut three cigars so far with this. It performed ok, but the jury is still out. Definitely makes me feel like Inspector Gadget or Maxwell Smart...

Well here is another for you for when you wanna feel like a ninja instead.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cutters/37988/shuriken-cutter/#p-85845

Aldous Huxley

Raul Julia

Cfickter

been watching those on the devil site also
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

sjn1117

The scissors yeah, the shuriken hell no!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

johncw

I have a pair but have never used it. I just pulled it out from the drawer so I don't forget about it again. Out of sight out of mind for me.

gpd4

I think I paid $6 for mine.  Haven't tried them yet...
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

DonM

Got mine today. Having had the Xikar MTX, I would recommend spending the extra coin for the Xikar.  The blades are not as sharp but ok.

This one may go to a buddy as a gift, we always swap some cigars over Christmas

"The Curmudgeon"

05Venturer

Got my cutter and 5 cans of butane delivered today courtesy if the devil, $21.95 shipped :thumbsup:
Kent

toby2

nice. I have the Xikar one in my work truck.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.