Xikar batteries

Started by n5odj, 07/15/2015 04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n5odj

Do Xikar lighters use batteries to make a spark?  If so, is it easily replaced if needed?  If not, what makes the spark that lights the butane?

Robert

bmac7754

I could be wrong but I don't think there are any batteries in them.  Funny thing is my double flame Xikar just stopped clicking last night after a good 2 year run with it.  Don't try to fix it yourself or toss it by any means.  Go to their site and print out the warranty form because they have a lifetime warranty.  It will cost you just a few bucks to mail it back to them, and they will fix it and most likely send you a brand new replacement.  I have done this with 2 lighters and 1 cutter so far.  This is also why I only buy Xikar, they stand behind their product.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

bmac7754

Oh by the way welcome to the site Robert, go to the newby forum and introduce yourself.  Get to to know us, you won't be sorry.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

n5odj

OK.  Thanks for the reply.  I don't have the lighter yet, but will pick one up soon.  Heck, a regular old Bic works fine for me, but I just want a torch lighter because I think it's cool.

bmac7754

Once you have a butane lighter you will never want to use that bic again, unless its an emergency.

Jackal

Pretty sure that it is piezoelectric igniter.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

bmac7754

QuoteJackal - 7/15/2015  9:42 PMPretty sure that it is piezoelectric igniter.
Pretty sure mine is a damnthingisntworking igniter :biggrin:

n5odj

Of course it would be piezoelectric.  I hadn't even thought of that.      There's my answer.    

Robert

Longhorn

Quoten5odj - 7/15/2015  9:53 PM

Of course it would be piezoelectric.  I hadn't even thought of that.      There's my answer.    

Robert

What Jackal said... blow torches, matches, spills, fire logs, burning paper, grills, burning houses... pretty much anything on fire seems to light a cigar.  :biggrin:

Camshaft83

QuoteLonghorn - 7/15/2015  10:06 PM

Quoten5odj - 7/15/2015  9:53 PM

Robert

What Jackal said... blow torches, matches, spills, fire logs, burning paper, grills, burning houses... pretty much anything on fire seems to light a cigar.  :biggrin:

Now I can't get the image of you standing near a house on fire trying to lite your cigar out of my head lol
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

MacMac

I love my torch lighter! It's an Xlkar - of course!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Cfickter

QuoteCamshaft83 - 7/16/2015  2:44 AM  
QuoteLonghorn - 7/15/2015  10:06 PM  
Quoten5odj - 7/15/2015  9:53 PM  Of course it would be piezoelectric.  I hadn't even thought of that.      There's my answer.         Robert  
Now I can't get the image of you standing near a house on fire trying to lite your cigar out of my head lol

He only lights Churchills at house fires where the house is at least 4 bedroom in a nice school district. Brad is very particular!!!

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

sevencardstud

Ya you are gonna love using a torch lighter. I have a three flame one its all I use.
"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar." -Mark Twain

StogieDad

QuoteCfickter - 7/16/2015  8:27 AM

He only lights Churchills at house fires where the house is at least 4 bedroom in a nice school district. Brad is very particular!!!

:lmao:  The school district made me spit my coffee out at my desk.  :lmao:
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

ntanner

Cfickter - 7/16/2015 8:27 AM

Nice. :lmao:  :bigthumbs:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.