Flameless Cigar lighter

Started by 05Venturer, 11/15/2014 07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

Here is a pretty sweet lighter.
This is what we were talking about on tonights herf fellas. Looks light they are currently out of stock  :cry:

http://agnite-cigar.com/
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

bigjohn20081983

I have seen something like those for cigarettes but its cool they now have one for cigars.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

ntanner

I have seen something like this before. Kind of a cool idea.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

sjn1117

Sweet! I'm glad somebody found it.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Rammstein142

Seems pretty cool. My question is how well does it really work? I know they have a demo video...but I never trust product videos!
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

sjn1117

I've seen it first-hand and it is pretty cool.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Rammstein142

Awesome that is good to hear then!!
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

DonM

Pretty slick, $99, on back order, 10 to 12 week wait

"The Curmudgeon"

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

05Venturer

QuoteBrlesq - 11/16/2014  9:19 AM

Good work, Detective!

Thanks  :biggrin:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

bmac7754

That is a cool idea, wonder how well it works.  I personally like so see a flame, currently eyeballing the Xikar Trezo triple flame.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

toby2

they aren't even in production yet. I ordered two several months ago and I keep getting emails to hang on etc. I'm about ready to get my money back.

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Cfickter

Yeah, cool looking, hi-tech, but do you really need it?  Damn right!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Camshaft83

I personally enjoy toasting with a flame. Think I'll stick to spills and torches.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

blondie

Quotebmac7754 - 11/16/2014  9:31 AM  That is a cool idea, wonder how well it works.  I personally like so see a flame, currently eyeballing the Xikar Trezo triple flame.

I just picked up a Trezo.  Pretty nice lighter.  The angled jets allow for very precise touch ups, and you can use the different parts of the "flame triangle" for multi purposes.  Like all triple jets, it's a fuel hog.  I also like my Alec Bradley tabletop burner.  Huge fuel tank, had it for over a year and filled the tank once.

Michaelbevans61

My question would be, does it really work that well? I'm somewhat old fashioned, I think part of the whole experience is actually the technique you use to light a cigar! That's one of the things that separates us from the swisher smokers!
Rock and roll is no genre, rock and roll? .......my friends rock and roll is a way of life!
Brent Smith, Shinedown

sar127

Link for anyone interested, I had never seen one before so had to look it up:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktjeYmqvKrE
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Cigary

$99 for something that is basically what you have in your car...I think I'll stick with a flame lighter for $3.  Maybe if they cut the price by 80% I'll bite.

toby2

finally got my refund on the two i ordered. if they ever get into production i may try one.

Longhorn

QuoteMichaelbevans61 - 1/10/2015  1:10 PM

That's one of the things that separates us from the swisher smokers!

Hmmmm... I have a humidor full of Swisher products.  Just say'n.  :confused:

vw77guy

I know I'm a bit old fashioned but these used to come free with a car!  I guess since they don't put them in the "accessory port" anymore, you have to buy one!

SeaGar

I think it's a great idea, and pretty cool to boot!  No way you aren't going to be the talk of the Hurf sporting that thing.  

Maybe one day if I got $80 bucks laying around - or were they quoting USD?

It's too bad they haven't got the product up and running.  Nothing bites more than ordering something you really want and having to wait.

BlackIrish

QuoteCigary - 1/10/2015  2:31 PM

$99 for something that is basically what you have in your car...I think I'll stick with a flame lighter for $3.  Maybe if they cut the price by 80% I'll bite.

:word:

Technically, what I *used* to have in my car.  But still not worth the coin, IMHO.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.