CigarPlace.biz NewVet Pass

Started by CigarPlace, 11/17/2014 06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwinstl

-David

The Burn Ward

QuoteJackal - 1/12/2015  4:00 AM

Pass has arrived.  I will get it back on the road this week.

:thumbsup:  :lmao:  :snoring:

Jackal

Been pulling 14+ hour shifts this week.  Haven't had a chance to get to the PO.  Pulled the cigars.  Will get them on the road Friday.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

headfirst

I'll probably get it by Monday then...
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

headfirst

This is my first real pass so I wanted to bounce what I plan to do off of the vets and see if it seems ok.

Takes:
Oliva Serie V
Perdomo Reserve Champagne
Padron 1964
My Father La Antiguedad
AB Nica Puro
Total value I'm figuring is around $37

Puts:
Montecristo Media Noche
La Perla Habana Grand Pearl (w/ tube)
Varina Farms Winter Warmer
Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic
AVO XO
Total value is around $36.50 and each cigar is within $0.50 individually.

Are there any unwritten rules I'm breaking or any unfairness in what I'm thinking of doing?  (I'll of course add a tip stick as well)
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Rebecca Silverwolf

Quoteheadfirst - 1/15/2015  11:45 AM

This is my first real pass so I wanted to bounce what I plan to do off of the vets and see if it seems ok.

Takes:
Oliva Serie V
Perdomo Reserve Champagne
Padron 1964
My Father La Antiguedad
AB Nica Puro
Total value I'm figuring is around $37

Puts:
Montecristo Media Noche
La Perla Habana Grand Pearl (w/ tube)
Varina Farms Winter Warmer
Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic
AVO XO
Total value is around $36.50 and each cigar is within $0.50 individually.

Are there any unwritten rules I'm breaking or any unfairness in what I'm thinking of doing?  (I'll of course add a tip stick as well)

I worked out the value of the puts and takes, using Cigars International box price per stick (when available, had to use Cigars.com for the La Perla).

Whether this is a fair swap or not depends largely at this point on which vitolas of the Media Noche, Cuban Classic, and AVO you are putting in. Since you didn't say, I worked out both the high and low ends. If you are putting in the larger/more expensive vitolas, the swap is pretty fair value wise. If you are putting in the lower cost vitolas (robusto, corona) then the swap is a little short on your side.

The Padron is the highest value stick you are taking, and the Media Noche is the highest value you are putting back. If you are putting in the torpedo or the churchill, the media noche is only about 50 cents less than the Padron. If you are putting in the robusto or corona, it's fairly far off, and you may want to consider taking something else, or subbing in a put of slightly higher value.

I'm not the pass moderator, so this is just my take on the situation, based on the info given.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

headfirst

Thanks Rebecca, the Montecristo is the torpedo but the other two are robusto.  Are you looking at CI MSRP's or actual CI purchase prices?  I used actual purchase prices and came out within 50 cents total.  Here's my values:

Montedristo Med Noche Torpedo  $9.95
LPH Grand Torpedo  $8
Varina Farms WW  $5
DPG Cuban Classic Robusto  $6.20
AVO XO  Robusto  $7.44
Total of $36.59

Oliva Serie V  $6.13
Perdomo  $5.28
Padron  $10.50
MF La Ant  $7.45
AB Nico Puro  $7.75
Total $37.11

Can you tell me where you're figuring different in prices?  Thanks for the input.
-Charles Spurgeon

Rebecca Silverwolf

Using actual purchase price, box pricing per stick. As I mentioned in my previous post, you hadn't mentioned a vitola for three of your puts, making it impossible to completely calculate the price, I could only get a range. The media noche (corona would be 6.25 instead of the 9.95 of the torp) was the biggest variable, and with that question settled, it does look like our numbers are matching up pretty closely.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

headfirst

-Charles Spurgeon

Jackal

On its way to Garry.  Expected delivery tomorrow.

headfirst

Gotta love the post office...I'm 55 miles away, maybe it'll come tomorrow...
-Charles Spurgeon

Jackal

It was supposed to go 1-day post.  No wonder the Post Office is failing as a business.

headfirst

I'll drop this off tonight, should hit Rebecca by Thursday at the latest.
-Charles Spurgeon

headfirst

The post office came through this time, you'll have a present on your doorstep when you get home Rebecca...
-Charles Spurgeon

Rebecca Silverwolf

Got the pass today, will have it back out by Friday.

Rebecca Silverwolf

The pass is on it's way.

Thanks for organizing this!

ntanner

Really starting to move now.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

biggscoug

It's landed. I'll have it out Friday.

biggscoug

I took the 'gars I like and tried to leave it a lil better than I got it. Thanks for the experience. Looking forward to the next pass. Cheers.

headfirst

Wow, very generous put/take ratio!
-Charles Spurgeon

Rbrushaber

Pass is moving right along. ..hope this weather dont slow her done...great sticks from everyone so far...man what do I have...must search the coolerdoors....stay warm to night all :biggrin:
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Rbrushaber

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and courage of free me and women.  It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."  Ronald Reagan
This quote is as true today as it was when I first heard it in the 1980s and joined the USAF...

ntanner

replying for my husband cigars are out tracking number is 9405503699300479805128 edd thurs. or friday

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

cortod

Got the package, I should have it back out by Friday, thanks.
"A woman is an occasional pleasure but a cigar is always a smoke." -Groucho Marx

Vroomp

Quotentanner - 2/2/2015  10:01 PM  replying for my husband cigars are out tracking number is 9405503699300479805128 edd thurs. or friday

I didn't know Neal had a husband?  :biggrin:

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

ntanner

"replying for my husband"
For her husband pinchy Brad.  :biggrin:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.