The Traditional Newbie Pass

Started by Longhorn, 11/18/2014 03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camshaft83

This looks like it will be a great pass. Way to go Brad.   :thumbsup:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Vroomp

QuoteCamshaft83 - 11/20/2014  2:07 AM  This looks like it will be a great pass. Way to go Brad.   :thumbsup:

X2  :bigthumbs:  

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Cfickter

Ok, I am drawing a line in the sand.
posts on this pass thread are limited to discussions about this pass.  No more pass comparisons or what is wrong and/or right, no more baiting.
Brad has set up a pass and now its purpose is to move forward under the rules he has set.

You may now resume smoking your cigars.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

hebron

QuoteCfickter - 11/20/2014  3:58 PM

Ok, I am drawing a line in the sand.
posts on this pass thread are limited to discussions about this pass.  No more pass comparisons or what is wrong and/or right, no more baiting.
Brad has set up a pass and now its purpose is to move forward under the rules he has set.

You may now resume smoking your cigars.
I have inspected your line and find it to be satisfying.
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

CigarPlace

Request sent if there's room for me. I'll always put more than I take, if I take anything at all. And I have a new system in place to get boxes out faster.

Longhorn

QuoteCigarPlace - 11/20/2014  2:25 PM

Request sent if there's room for me. I'll always put more than I take, if I take anything at all. And I have a new system in place to get boxes out faster.

Welcome aboard, Jessica.

The Burn Ward

Will there be any Swishers in this pass? ;-)

StogieDad

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 11/20/2014  4:40 PM

Well probably some Drew Estate stuff, so yes!

:-0  :biggrin:
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

The Burn Ward

QuoteStogieDad - 11/20/2014  4:42 PM

:lmao: I bet no one ever thought Longhorns favorite cigar would end up being a Swisher. Long live the #9!

cavenbk

Brad if you need any other "vets" to sprinkle in and help out let me know. I don't want to join and make it so a newb CANNOT participate, but if you're running short on players I'm game.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

Longhorn

Quotecavenbk - 11/21/2014  12:40 AM

Brad if you need any other "vets" to sprinkle in and help out let me know. I don't want to join and make it so a newb CANNOT participate, but if you're running short on players I'm game.

Thanks, Bradley.  May take you up on the offer!

Longhorn

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 11/20/2014  5:01 PM

QuoteStogieDad - 11/20/2014  4:42 PM

:lmao: I bet no one ever thought Longhorns favorite cigar would end up being a Swisher. Long live the #9!

:lmao:  You can count an at least one Swisher (aka Liga) to make the seed list!  The good news is I won't be sharing any with you guys since you don't like them!  :biggrin:

Longhorn

:bump:

Giving this thread a nudge... we have room for a few more of our newer members!

terrys1991

QuoteLonghorn - 11/19/2014  9:18 PM  I'll need a little help from some of you that have already signed up - if there are any brands that you are interested in having in the seed list, post up and I'll do my best to get them in.  The usual suspects will kick this off... Arturo Fuente, CAO, Drew Estate, Flat Bed, Illusione, La Flor Dominicana, Tatuaje, and Viaje.  Post up!  :-)

Just about anything would be fine with me as there are so many brands I haven't tried yet, but since you asked for input a few other brands I haven't had are Alec Bradley,  San Cristobal, Crowned Heads (I did have my first MUWAT KFC Fat Molly & have a Mason Dixon South to smoke) Thanks for letting me be part of this pass

"I feel a whole lot more like I do right now, than I did a while ago"

StogieDad

Quoteterrys1991 - 11/25/2014  2:15 PM

QuoteLonghorn - 11/19/2014  9:18 PM  I'll need a little help from some of you that have already signed up - if there are any brands that you are interested in having in the seed list, post up and I'll do my best to get them in.  The usual suspects will kick this off... Arturo Fuente, CAO, Drew Estate, Flat Bed, Illusione, La Flor Dominicana, Tatuaje, and Viaje.  Post up!  :-)

Just about anything would be fine with me as there are so many brands I haven't tried yet, but since you asked for input a few other brands I haven't had are Alec Bradley,  San Cristobal, Crowned Heads (I did have my first MUWAT KFC Fat Molly & have a Mason Dixon South to smoke) Thanks for letting me be part of this pass

Great call on the Crowned Heads Terry.  Brad, if you need some of those for seed, I have a few I could send your way.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Longhorn

QuoteStogieDad - 11/25/2014  2:38 PM

Quoteterrys1991 - 11/25/2014  2:15 PM

Great call on the Crowned Heads Terry.  Brad, if you need some of those for seed, I have a few I could send your way.

That would be nice, Michael!  :thumbsup:

hebron

x2 on the Crowned Heads

Aging room, Don Pepin Garcia (My Father Cigars), La Palina and Tatuaje are some brands that I would like to get to know better :)
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

Cfickter

How about some Leaf & Beans for seeds?
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Longhorn

QuoteCfickter - 11/25/2014  5:04 PM

How about some Leaf & Beans for seeds?

Yessir, those would be welcomed!  Bring them with you when you come over.  I won't kick this off during the holidays so we have some time.

ninfiction

I sent a request tonight. I'm super new to the forums here but could provide detail to my r/cigars where I've completed a few trades and bombs if you like.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Longhorn

Quoteninfiction - 11/30/2014  9:01 PM

I sent a request tonight. I'm super new to the forums here but could provide detail to my r/cigars where I've completed a few trades and bombs if you like.

Welcome aboard!

ninfiction

QuoteLonghorn - 11/30/2014  8:14 PM

Quoteninfiction - 11/30/2014  9:01 PM

Welcome aboard!

Thank you!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Longhorn

Just a quick update - we have all slots filled but one - I'm waiting on the last potential participant to reply to a recent PM and then I'll close this off and get the ball rolling.

Since we're so close to the holidays, I'll kick this off right after the New Year to avoid personal schedule conflicts.

The seed cigars will be updated soon - I've had a few requests from our newer members - if you have particular brand that you'd like to have in the initial seeds, post on this thread your requests and I'll do my best to include them!  

Welcome aboard to all the participants!  :thumbsup:

UPDATE: This train is full!

StogieDad

Sent a Four Kicks, Headley Grange Laguito, JD Howard Reserve, Tennessee Waltz and a Buckingham to get the Crowned Heads covered in this deal.  Enjoy guys.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Ken Kelley

QuoteLonghorn - 12/5/2014  1:20 PM

Just a quick update - we have all slots filled but one - I'm waiting on the last potential participant to reply to a recent PM and then I'll close this off and get the ball rolling.

Since we're so close to the holidays, I'll kick this off right after the New Year to avoid personal schedule conflicts.

The seed cigars will be updated soon - I've had a few requests from our newer members - if you have particular brand that you'd like to have in the initial seeds, post on this thread your requests and I'll do my best to include them!  

Welcome aboard to all the participants!  :thumbsup:

UPDATE: This train is full!

Great job of getting this one off the ground, Brad. I need to do some more poking around to see what's going on with the allusions to other passes here. Kudos for keeping it simple and letting the new guys get their feet wet in a safe arena!  :thumbsup:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.