The Traditional Newbie Pass

Started by Longhorn, 11/18/2014 03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kman

May I seed the Panacea's for the pass?
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Longhorn

QuoteKman - 12/9/2014  4:09 PM

May I seed the Panacea's for the pass?

Yes indeed!  Gracias!

headfirst

Impressive set of initial cigars!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Longhorn

Quoteheadfirst - 12/20/2014  11:45 PM

We have a few more to be added by some generous FOG's!

terrys1991

QuoteLonghorn - 12/21/2014  12:12 AM  
Quoteheadfirst - 12/20/2014  11:45 PM  Impressive set of initial cigars!
That is impressive this is going to be fun!!

"I feel a whole lot more like I do right now, than I did a while ago"

headfirst

QuoteLonghorn - 12/20/2014  10:12 PM

FOG?  What's that stand for? :?:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

StogieDad

Quoteheadfirst - 12/22/2014  3:28 PM

F'n Old Guy, a term of......endearment......for some of the veterans.  Yea, thats it, endearment. :biggrin:
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Longhorn

QuoteStogieDad - 12/22/2014  3:36 PM

F'n Old Guy, a term of......endearment......for some of the veterans.  Yea, thats it, endearment. :biggrin:

:?:  I thought it meant Friendly 'Ole Guy...  :angel:

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

headfirst

QuoteStogieDad - 12/22/2014  12:36 PM

Ha ha, I was thinking some alternate form of "old fart" when I was trying to figure it out but knew it couldn't be that simple/base.  Maybe that should be in the site rankings somewhere...maybe just below Guru?   :-)
-Charles Spurgeon

Longhorn

Quoteheadfirst - 12/22/2014  6:33 PM

QuoteStogieDad - 12/22/2014  12:36 PM

Ha ha, I was thinking some alternate form of "old fart" when I was trying to figure it out but knew it couldn't be that simple/base.  Maybe that should be in the site rankings somewhere...maybe just below Guru?   :-)

:lmao:  That should be ABOVE Guru and just BELOW Curmudgeon Pain in the Arse!

Chip Lemaster

I am waiting patiently for the fun to start,,

biggscoug

My first pass is gonna be friggin' awesome! Lots of smokes in there I wanna try.

gordist

I agree.  I am looking forward to watching the pass move from place to place until it gets to me.  This will be awesome!

Gordo

clami

The cigar list is very impressive!!  Newb question - I am having trouble with a value for some of the cigars on the list.  I want to make sure that I am trading cigars of equal value.  I have checked CI, Cigar, and Famous, but some of the cigars listed on this pass are not for sale.  Where else should I look to determine a value?  Is there a Kelly Blue Book for cigars?

ninfiction

Quoteclami - 1/5/2015  4:44 PM

The cigar list is very impressive!!  Newb question - I am having trouble with a value for some of the cigars on the list.  I want to make sure that I am trading cigars of equal value.  I have checked CI, Cigar, and Famous, but some of the cigars listed on this pass are not for sale.  Where else should I look to determine a value?  Is there a Kelly Blue Book for cigars?

Safest thing to do with any pass when you're not sure is to send the pass creator a note and ask. Odds are some of the cigars you're wondering about will be replaced with different ones by the time it reaches you, so while it's great to be prepared things will change.

Google is the Kelly Blue book of cigars...kind of, chances are you can find all the cigars there if they aren't being sold by CI or Famous. Easiest just to ask if you're still unsure though.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Longhorn

Quoteclami - 1/5/2015  5:44 PM

Which cigars and if you have another source for pricing, we can take a look at them!

Longhorn

OK - the pass order is set and I'll kick this off on Sunday (see below).  

Please take a look at the pass order and assume about a week between each participant to get an idea of the time frame your turn will occur.  If you think you'll have a conflict or have a question, please let me know.

Players 6 and 12 are tenured Geeks with experience in participating in passes.  

Note the first player is Thomas and he lives in Norway.  His turn will be played virtually (Thomas, the final line up of cigars will be available by 11:59PM ET, Sunday.)  Once his takes and puts are updated those specific cigars will get mailed to/from Thomas.  When his cigars arrive, I'll physically mail the entire pass to Clay for his turn.

Clay, and every participant thereafter, will receive the entire collection of cigars.  Once received and before you execute your puts and takes, perform a check against the cigar list on this pass (it is updated after every turn) to ensure all cigars are accounted for and they are in good condition.  Please PM me with any concerns or questions.

:thumbsup:

headfirst

WOOHOO, let the fun begin!
-Charles Spurgeon

clami

I was just wondering how you set value on hard to find cigars.  Like the flying pig?  Original MSRP seems low if it has become a very hard to find cigar.

clami

johncw

headfirst

Quoteclami - 1/9/2015  5:03 PM

I was just wondering how you set value on hard to find cigars.  Like the flying pig?  Original MSRP seems low if it has become a very hard to find cigar.
I found it via Google and am figuring $17.80 for that one.
-Charles Spurgeon

headfirst

-Charles Spurgeon

headfirst

The cubans and the panacea I have no clue though, figured they're out of my league so hand's off anyway...
-Charles Spurgeon

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.