Xikar Warranty

Started by blondie, 11/20/2014 12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blondie

I always thought that Xikar retailers would exchange a defective product, even if you did not buy from them?  I have an Xi3 cutter that needs repair/replacement, and one retailer offered to exchange but did not have the same type of wood (spalted tamarind) in stock.  I called another, that one only offered to send it in for me.  I recently moved, so am no longer close to the original retailer I bought it from.

sar127

That should be the case, they should replace it with another product of the same price if they don't have yours in stock. It may be worth letting Xikar know about the problem and where it took place, theyre usually very good with customer service. If anything, post on their Facebook, instagram, or Twitter. GL
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

DonM

If you have a problem with a Xikar product and you registered it with them, send it back to them.  They are prompt in replacing it with their lifetime warranty and you will get a replacement within a week or so.

"The Curmudgeon"

Cfickter

QuoteDonM - 11/20/2014  5:37 PM  If you have a problem with a Xikar product and you registered it with them, send it back to them.  They are prompt in replacing it with their lifetime warranty and you will get a replacement within a week or so.

X2 that has been my experience salso

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

bmac7754

X3. I have used the warranty service twice and they are very fast. Just go to their site and print the warranty form and drop it in the mail. I suggest putting in a bubble mailer and send priority mail to get a tracking # and free $50 insurance just in case. Print off the post office website is only $5 or so.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

toby2

I just send them back in a padded envelope with the form they want you to fill out. you can download it from their site.

c.petree.1

Quotetoby2 - 11/20/2014  7:09 PM

I just send them back in a padded envelope with the form they want you to fill out. you can download it from their site.

X2 i got one from a rep at event for buying a 5 pack of xicar sticks. My son knocked it off the grill and the top cover broke off. I drained it and mailed it with the form. Brand new lighter 2ish weeks later.

sar127

You guys are right, but I feel like the whole point of the UNCONDITIONAL lifetime warranty is not to be rejected at a B&M. Shouldn't have to wait, shouldn't have to mail, and shouldn't have to pay. Just my opinion.
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

blondie

Quotesar127 - 11/20/2014  9:50 PM  You guys are right, but I feel like the whole point of the UNCONDITIONAL lifetime warranty is not to be rejected at a B&M. Shouldn't have to wait, shouldn't have to mail, and shouldn't have to pay. Just my opinion.

That was sort of my point. I found a retailer that honored it. Guess who will get my business in the future? This guy, or the one that made me drive further?

1sgjeffward

Quoteblondie - 11/20/2014  8:59 PM

Quotesar127 - 11/20/2014  9:50 PM  You guys are right, but I feel like the whole point of the UNCONDITIONAL lifetime warranty is not to be rejected at a B&M. Shouldn't have to wait, shouldn't have to mail, and shouldn't have to pay. Just my opinion.

That was sort of my point. I found a retailer that honored it. Guess who will get my business in the future? This guy, or the one that made me drive further?

Glad you got it worked out. But you should shoot Xikar a message letting them know about the other B&M! Over the years have done it with 3 different ones with no problem. Last lighter Xikar had stopped making that model so I was given the new version. Just from conversation with my local right now (the last lighter deal) they said all they do is exchange it and then THEY send it to Xikar and get a replacement for their inventory so both parties problem solved.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

bmac7754

Quote1sgjeffward - 11/20/2014  11:34 PM  
Quoteblondie - 11/20/2014  8:59 PM  

Glad you got it worked out. But you should shoot Xikar a message letting them know about the other B&M! Over the years have done it with 3 different ones with no problem. Last lighter Xikar had stopped making that model so I was given the new version. Just from conversation with my local right now (the last lighter deal) they said all they do is exchange it and then THEY send it to Xikar and get a replacement for their inventory so both parties problem solved.

Jeff, I had a similar thing with a Enigma lighter I had. I had a problem with the flip top that was suppose to open when you depressed the button and it would stick.  I sent it in for repair and they replaced it with a brand new one of the newer version that has a manual cover.  Couldn't be happier with their customer service

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.