Started by ebernabe, 11/24/2014 01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

nirab

QuoteVroomp - 11/24/2014  3:53 PM

What's wrong with this one?

It makes this coffee stuff too!

That's what I use. A good ol' fashioned percolator. You can find em at Goodwill, or a garage sale, and usually less than $10. Makes darn good coffee and its easy to clean. Old school in the house!!  :biggrin:

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

nirab

Advancements in technology are great, but y'all may think again about these Keurig coffee makers. It seems these things "make" more than just coffee...

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/why-i-kicked-my-keurig-curb
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

C130Driver

I don't know if you already chose one, but if not I have a Cuisenart Grind and Brew, they are are little spendy but if you're as serious about your coffee as I am it's the best one out there. You put fresh beans in, it grinds them and shoots them into the filter for you. Also instead of a hot plate that burns the coffee or at the very least starts to destroy it's flavor, it has one of the thermos style carafe that keeps it hot without damaging the coffee.

http://www.cuisinart.com/products/coffee_makers/dgb-900bc.html
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

s+j

QuoteCfickter - 11/24/2014  5:43 AM  Well that is a pretty broad question.  Any further help to narrow this? Price range, how do you like your coffee? Our challenge was the wife and I like different types of coffee, she is more into the flavored, I like the bold and blacks.

Excellent point, Chuck.

Eric, I personally prefer using a Clever Dripper -- it works great for cold brewing too!

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

DonM

QuoteC130Driver - 1/15/2015  10:58 PM

I don't know if you already chose one, but if not I have a Cuisenart Grind and Brew, they are are little spendy but if you're as serious about your coffee as I am it's the best one out there. You put fresh beans in, it grinds them and shoots them into the filter for you. Also instead of a hot plate that burns the coffee or at the very least starts to destroy it's flavor, it has one of the thermos style carafe that keeps it hot without damaging the coffee.

They are freaking awesome.........if you got deep pockets and don't mind replacing them every year or so.  Had 2 die back to back after a little over a year in service.  I am now the proud owner of a French press and couldn't be happier

"The Curmudgeon"

Ken Kelley

I've used a Bunn for several years and love the machine.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

freakydeakydutchman

this is a picture of my coffee maker
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

C130Driver

QuoteDonM - 1/16/2015  7:05 AM

QuoteC130Driver - 1/15/2015  10:58 PM

They are freaking awesome.........if you got deep pockets and don't mind replacing them every year or so.  Had 2 die back to back after a little over a year in service.  I am now the proud owner of a French press and couldn't be happier

I'm sad to hear yours quit! I got mine as a wedding present so that makes it almost five years old and it's going strong. I love it. Hopefully you had a couple lemons because I'd be pretty upset if it quit working on me!
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

DonM

Kegs, my Cuisinart burr grinder works fine to grind the beans for my Fench press. The primo thing about the French press is as long as you can boil water, you got awesome coffee !

"The Curmudgeon"

C130Driver

I will concede, french press coffee is probably the best coffee you can drink. I'm not entirely sure why the flavor profile is different, but it is and it is better.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

DonM

QuoteC130Driver - 1/20/2015  7:53 PM

I will concede, french press coffee is probably the best coffee you can drink. I'm not entirely sure why the flavor profile is different, but it is and it is better.

My wife doesn't like going through the French press process so she uses a Melita auto drip. Same beans, same grind, the French press is a better tasting cup of Joe. I believe that it has something to do with boiling water vs auto drip.

"The Curmudgeon"

Joel B

I have a Keurig, but recently bought a French Press and that is all I seem to use now. It's a win-win, no electronics to break, no plastic wate, and it makes great coffee.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.