Hey you crafty guys....... with some time

Started by McBryde, 12/20/2014 11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBryde

Has anyone ever seen some sort of a cigar holder that I could use in my mobile cigar lounge, AKA, my truck, that had a place to lay a cigar, that I could stick in the door where my window goes down at so the smoke goes outside? Or does anyone, like Ken have the ability to do some metal fabrication work and make me one?

Just curious,

Emerson
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Cigary

I use a cigar clip...the ones that others use on their golf bags, motorcycles, etc.  I have a bunch of these all over the place and use it on my lawnmower and it works perfectly.  The one issue with putting one on your door is that the wind will cause your cigar to "ash".....as the wind whips around the cabin.

mpurtle01

McBryde

Looks like the bobken might be the ticket!

Thanks Matthew,

E

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Ken Kelley

QuoteMcBryde - 12/20/2014  2:16 AM

Has anyone ever seen some sort of a cigar holder that I could use in my mobile cigar lounge, AKA, my truck, that had a place to lay a cigar, that I could stick in the door where my window goes down at so the smoke goes outside? Or does anyone, like Ken have the ability to do some metal fabrication work and make me one?

Just curious,

Emerson

Well...depending on how thick the sheet metal is on your truck door we might be able to weld one of these on and it should do the trick!  :biggrin:

Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

McBryde

QuoteKen Kelley - 12/20/2014  2:29 PM

QuoteMcBryde - 12/20/2014  2:16 AM

Just curious,

Emerson

Well...depending on how thick the sheet metal is on your truck door we might be able to weld one of these on and it should do the trick!  :biggrin:

I think that might tear the wrapper a little Ken. Of course I could start smoking Gurkhas and it wouldn't really matter, LOL.

E

p.s.- Upon further inspection, the cigar Bobken doesn't have an adjustable slide part that would go down in the window, just the cigarette ones do. Think that might not work now Matthew.

Cigary

Quotempurtle01 - 12/20/2014  3:19 PM  I think this would work.    http://www.cigarsinternational.com/ashtrays/37170/cigar-bobken/

Yep....this is an item that would work perfect and you can get it for the same price as above...CI is out of them so this is an alternate plan.     http://bobken.com/cigarbobken.aspx

McBryde

Those aren't going to work after further inspection Gary. The door panel in my ford is too wide for the ones to work that don't have an adjustable slide part that would go in the window. Only the cigarette ones come with the adjustable part, not the cigar ones.

E

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Smurf

I use the Stinky ash can, it has a clip that holds you cigar.
orbis non sufficit

Kman

QuoteSmurf - 12/20/2014  5:27 PM  I use the Stinky ash can, it has a clip that holds you cigar.

x2 on the Stinky. I have 2 from Drew Estate events

http://www.stinkycigar.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=52

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

McBryde

QuoteCfickter - 12/20/2014  4:18 PM

Get one of these
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009IKAARQ/ref=s9_top_hm_bLXXKd_g263_i3

And put this in it
https://www.xikar.com/products/accessories/metal-ashtrays/

Yeah, I did win that Xicar ashtray in the TFT deal, guess I could just go that route with a cheapo cup holder at o'reillys probably.

Thanks,

E

Longhorn

QuoteMcBryde - 12/20/2014  3:24 PM

Looks like the bobken might be the ticket!

Thanks Matthew,

E

X2 - I have the Bobken and it works great.  Only downside is that since it does not seal (like the Xikar ash can) if you leave it in your vehicle over a weekend... well, you can guess how the inside of your vehicle will smell.

Longhorn

QuoteMcBryde - 12/20/2014  3:57 PM

Those aren't going to work after further inspection Gary. The door panel in my ford is too wide for the ones to work that don't have an adjustable slide part that would go in the window. Only the cigarette ones come with the adjustable part, not the cigar ones.

E

I think they are interchangeable - if you buy one of each you would have an extra for other vehicles.

McBryde

QuoteLonghorn - 12/20/2014  6:48 PM

QuoteMcBryde - 12/20/2014  3:57 PM

E

I think they are interchangeable - if you buy one of each you would have an extra for other vehicles.

LOL, if I smoked a cigar in my wife's car, she might just castrate me! I only need one for one vehicle!

E

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.