V-cut vs punch vs straight cut

Started by Chuckster, 12/28/2014 12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Kelley

QuoteVroomp - 12/29/2014  1:08 AM

QuoteKen Kelley - 12/29/2014  7:56 AM  I use my Xikar v-cutter about 99% of the time but every so often I fire up one of my old cutters....  

You might want to try these sometime Ken for the combo cut......:biggrin:

I keep a couple pairs of those around in case I have to perform impromptu circumcisions on fractious people. I make sure they're plenty dull before I put them into action!  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Chuckster

One day I will learn...

Chuckster

One day I will learn...

s+j

QuoteChuckster - 12/28/2014  12:30 PM

So what does everyone like? Why do you like it? I have only smoked 2 cigars both Baccarat and used the cheap straight cut that I bought from the b&m!  :confused:  :banghead:

I usually start with a 9mm punch hole (unless the stogie appears to be very loosely packed in which case I try a 7mm hole first) and then resort to a straight cut if I find that draw is getting too tight during the smoke. The V-cut I generally use it on 60+ ring gauges. Lately I also like using a diagonal straight cut for Torpedos. Have fun experimenting!

ThinBlueLine

99% of the time it's a straight cut, I don't even like to use the word cut as it's more of a little snip off the cap. Meaning my cutter has zero resistance against the cigar. The other 1% is V-cut for no particular reason.
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.