June Member Sponsored Geek Critique (Last Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 04/17/2014 11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpurtle01

Awesome.  Thanks brother!   Excited to see.

mpurtle01

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nwb

AVG - 72.25 points.

Third lowest scoring critique to date..... :shades:
Chief of Shaft

nirab

I'd like to try another, as this did get off to a great start. But, that was it after that. It was probably the worst rolled cigar I have ever had.
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

nwb

The construction issues were surprising.  However, I've yet to smoke a recent production Dunhill that did anything for me. :confused:
Chief of Shaft

Mojo66

I feel a little better missing on that opportunity now. Although it could have been interesting to see if I would have experienced the same as my fellow geeks.

Thanks again Matt for sponsoring this critique
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

BewareDaPenguin

Mine actually performed better then everybody else's it sounded like, I didn't have near the construction problems with my stick. The burn was a little off and walked but that was about it, the roll was decent & the wrapper was in good condition. It was just fairly straight forward and mild, wasn't bad but I didn't get to excited either. Thanks again Matt & Cigar Geeks! :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

SenorPablo

Yes, it seems this one was one of the lowest rated ones - or maybe lowest as Nathan stated - he's got a better head for numbers.  :-)

I appreciate everyone taking the time to get them in and thanks very much Matt for sponsoring it!

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

nwb

QuoteSenorPablo - 6/16/2014  4:50 PM
Yes, it seems this one was one of the lowest rated ones - or maybe lowest as Nathan stated - he's got a better head for numbers.  :-)
-Paul

I've started tracking the numbers so we can gauge how each cigar does against other critiques.  Makes it easier to post to Twitter and Facebook as well. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

mpurtle01

Well, a crushed box of cigars has showed up to me from Canadian customs.  Apparently this guy went back to Germany before coming to me in Georgia.  I guess they decided to inspect them and decide they were ok and sealed it up and sent back to me.   Hmm...   Miraculously in great condition!

Mojo66

Glad they found their way back to you, can't believe how long it took.

All is well that ends well I guess.

mpurtle01

haha...   Well they're definitely in good condition.  Well hydrated with the boveda.  They have not finished their travels yet.

Cfickter

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteCfickter - 8/1/2014  6:35 PM

Wow, amazing

:word: no kidding! Thanks again buddy!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

benchjockey

Nice to see a postal story with a happy ending.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

nwb

Sucks that they didn't make it in the first place, but glad they didn't get lost forever or destroyed. :thumbsup:
Chief of Shaft

mpurtle01

4 months later, and they're out the door again!

Mojo66

I have found that Matt is a very tenacious Geek :biggrin:

Here is hoping for a better outcome this time.

Mojo66

Matt is an awesome Geek. He's also a geek that perseveres. Here is proof of that.
I got a box from him today that contained the June Member Sponsored Geek Critique cigar and many friends. These cigars, although I'll call them a bomb, are the actual cigars that traveled from an APO in Germany, to Canada's customs and then Back to Germany only to be forwarded in the US where they originated from, back in May of this year. Now, after the dust settled, Matt took upon himself to send them AGAIN but this time, the package left the US and got here in no time at all.
I will smoke the review cigar, trying to forget what I read about it, and submit a normal review on CG. It'll complete the cycle and I'll feel better, although maybe not about this cigar ;-)
Might not get to it right now as opportunities to smoke are less frequent in the winter but I'll do it soon.
Thank you so much Matt, this is beyond generous of you. I do appreciate the gesture, the cigars and the fact that the customs bubbas didn't get to play with them twice.
One more reason why "It's so cool to be a Geek" (Sorry Brian)

Longhorn

That's a great gesture, Matt!  Well done!  :thumbsup:

Cfickter

mpurtle01

Awesome!   They made it!  Geeks win...  Enjoy brother, hope you don't mind some of the other tagalongs.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.