Weight Loss in 2015 Contest & Discussion Thread

Started by mike.casey, 01/07/2015 10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmac7754

Quote05Venturer - 8/15/2015  7:07 PM  WOWZERS!!!!!!!!!! I Got my prize pack today. Thanks a ton Brother.  I'm ready to shoot for 40 more :biggrin:

Nice prize Kent. I know it's over but I'm still working on it and happy to say I've dropped another 2.4 pounds. 

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

05Venturer

Quotebmac7754 - 8/15/2015  6:30 PM

Quote05Venturer - 8/15/2015  7:07 PM  WOWZERS!!!!!!!!!! I Got my prize pack today. Thanks a ton Brother.  I'm ready to shoot for 40 more :biggrin:

Nice prize Kent. I know it's over but I'm still working on it and happy to say I've dropped another 2.4 pounds. 

Keep it up Brian, good work. I really am shooting for 35-40 more
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

headfirst

:bigthumbs:

I'll post mine on Monday when they arrive.

Amazing pot Mike!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

bmac7754

Quote05Venturer - 8/15/2015  7:34 PM  
Quotebmac7754 - 8/15/2015  6:30 PM  

Keep it up Brian, good work. I really am shooting for 35-40 more

Me too, my doc told me 20 more lbs would be ideal for a guy my size, since then I've lost 7 of that. But I really would like to see another 35 lbs which I don't think I have been that weight since freshman year in high school. 

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

mike.casey

Quote05Venturer - 8/15/2015  6:07 PM

WOWZERS!!!!!!!!!! I Got my prize pack today. Thanks a ton Brother.

I'm ready to shoot for 40 more :biggrin:

I'm glad they arrived safely, enjoy!
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

ninfiction

Great job running this "contest" Mike. It was great watching some of you guys lose some of those extra lbs.

and hell of a prize pack there, very nice! Should help get thru your buying freeze Kent lol
This is not the admin you're looking for...

toby2

great job dudes. I lost 65 a few years back and it's tough to keep it off but looking back at how great I felt about finally getting there is my motivation.

biggsy16

Congratulations to all the thinner brothers
Never done being a Dad

headfirst

Post office attempted delivery to my office Saturday and I thought for sure they'd re-attempt today, so no pic today as promised, hopefully tomorrow...
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

bmac7754

Quoteheadfirst - 8/17/2015  11:08 PM  Post office attempted delivery to my office Saturday and I thought for sure they'd re-attempt today, so no pic today as promised, hopefully tomorrow...

They found out what's in the box and spent all weekend smoking them. Better change this thread to cigar loss 2015. Hopefully you do get them today. 

headfirst

Ha ha, that's always in the back of my mind when something fishy happens with the shipping!  :lmao:

Yeah, hopefully today...
-Charles Spurgeon

headfirst

They made it today.  Wow Mike, this was an impressive package to open, thank you very much for running this contest.  Honestly, the prospect of winning this prize really got my butt in gear 6 months ago to lose some weight.  The double reward of the weight lost and the big pile of NICE sticks you sent is overwhelming.  Thanks again.
-Charles Spurgeon

ninfiction

Very generous prize packs Mike. Great selections!

bmac7754

mike.casey

It's always nice when they all reach their destination in tact. Enjoy and congrats to the winners! Thank you to everyone that made this work!!!

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

mike.casey

Bumping this thread to say that I was down to 315 this morning. That's 60lbs so far.

Ron White

ninfiction

That's spectacular Mike! Guess the idea of running a contest to get motivated has worked. I saw Kent this past weekend and he's looking good too.

05Venturer

Quotemike.casey - 10/7/2015  5:49 PM

Bumping this thread to say that I was down to 315 this morning. That's 60lbs so far.

AWESOME brother. That is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was staying pretty steady then gained over 7 lbs during vacation and Cigar Palooza :angry:

Started back on track this week now. Still shooting for 250.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

headfirst

I'm up about 7 pounds too, need to get back on that horse.  Just no momentum now.  This helps encourage me to get back to it though, way to go Mike!
-Charles Spurgeon

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.