Any interest in a Cigar Pass?

Started by SenorPablo, 10/19/2007 07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

The site is nearly 6 months old now, and membership has grown quite well.  The one part of the site I have not had a good chance to do a real life "test" on and work out any kinks is this Cigar Pass system I built.  We have a few members now that are fairly regular so I thought i'd put it out there.

Is anyone interested in a Cigar Pass?  I would provide the initial stock.  Although I haven't really thought about which ones though.  No crap cheapo cigars though.  Let me know if there's any interest.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

theoldcc

Yes please.  I'm in another one right now, but i think i can handle 2.

Isn't "crap cheapo cigars" a matter of opinion.  I get it though.  No dog rockets.
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

tnt956

mhuss

ljlemer

"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

mhuss

Just to add a little bit here.....I was actually thinking about starting one up, but since I'm so new to the site, I didn't want to overstep the boundaries.  But the whole concept of the a cigar pass is really exciting to me!  I'm definitely in!

SenorPablo

Sounds good.  Since the site is so new, we are kind of new, so i'll take the risk.  So far I have:

Myself
Ted (tnt956)
Pete (ccforme)
Mike (mhuss)
Larry (ljlemer)

Let me take a look at my stash and figure out what to start it with.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

pieman

www.myspace.com/johnnypieman

"It seems poker's just not your game, Ike. I know: let's have a spelling contest." - Doc Holliday

SenorPablo

Got it.  Pieman as well.

Any other takers?  I'll try to pick the sticks and set one up today.

Proph

Are you guys all East?  Am I the only West?  If it's passed along a little at a time that's cool.. but shipping east to west and vice versa dries them out.  So.. I dunno whether to join or not.  I only have one good cigar left in my humidor.. haha.. Perdomo.  :P
"Do not be too timid or squeamish about your actions, all life is an experiment." -Ralph W. Emerson

Anthony

_____

SenorPablo

QuoteProph - 10/20/2007  2:16 PM

Are you guys all East?  Am I the only West?  If it's passed along a little at a time that's cool.. but shipping east to west and vice versa dries them out.  So.. I dunno whether to join or not.  I only have one good cigar left in my humidor.. haha.. Perdomo.  :P

Hi Proph.  You're welcome to join.  I plan to pack it well in a tupperdore with a humidifier.  I'll set the pass order so it's not flying all over the country back and forth.

-Paul

SenorPablo

QuoteAnthony - 10/20/2007  2:32 PM

I'm in.

Hi Anthony.  Welcome back!

Proph

"Do not be too timid or squeamish about your actions, all life is an experiment." -Ralph W. Emerson

ljlemer

QuoteSenorPablo - 10/20/2007  9:07 AM

Any other takers?  I'll try to pick the sticks and set one up today.

Can we throw in extra cigars? Can we take two and give two? What flexibility will we have?
Can we have a second tier where cheaper cigars are traded too? I ask because I am overflowing with excess cigars, many of which I've decided I don't like and I still have a few left of each. Some are Premium, some are not.

Thomas Mann

SenorPablo

Quoteljlemer - 10/20/2007  9:01 PM
Can we throw in extra cigars? Can we take two and give two? What flexibility will we have?
Can we have a second tier where cheaper cigars are traded too? I ask because I am overflowing with excess cigars, many of which I've decided I don't like and I still have a few left of each. Some are Premium, some are not.

You can certainly throw in more sticks than you take if you like.  Consider it a "tip" for the organizer.  :biggrin:  You can trade 2 cigars if you like.  Let's put a limit of maybe up to 3 cigars.  I really don't have much cheaper cigars to start a second tier with.

-Paul

ljlemer

QuoteSenorPablo - 10/21/2007  8:07 AM

I really don't have much cheaper cigars to start a second tier with.

-Paul

That's no problem. I'll wait till it reaches me and "tip". Just make sure there's room for growth in the container.

Thomas Mann

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.