Pass the Sticks Cigar Pass

Started by SenorPablo, 10/20/2007 09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

This is a thread generated automatically by the Cigar Pass system to discuss the Cigar Pass named 'Pass the Sticks Pass'.

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

SenorPablo

So the sticks are posted.  15 in total.  Sending out invites from the system to members.  You have to accept the invite in order to be part of the pass.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Anthony

_____

mhuss

The inital list of cigars is incredible!  Between the Opus, Montecristo White, 5 Vegas and the Ashton, I don't know which one(s) I'm gonna take.  It looks like I'm gonna have to put back something like $40 worth when the pass gets to me!   :-0

Proph

I hope there's a review for all the cigars that'll end up in the pass.. or I'm gonna be lost choosing what to exchange.
"Do not be too timid or squeamish about your actions, all life is an experiment." -Ralph W. Emerson

pieman

Yeah I must admit the monty looks tasty. I might have to throw something special in the box.
www.myspace.com/johnnypieman

"It seems poker's just not your game, Ike. I know: let's have a spelling contest." - Doc Holliday

tnt956

I'm eying the bottom of your list there, pie!

ljlemer

Quotetnt956 - 10/21/2007  7:48 AM

I'm eying the bottom of your list there, pie!

We all are.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

pieman

LMAO...I actually gave the siglo 2 to my BIL last night and told him to smoke it after the sox won game 7. But the no 1...is still there.

"It seems poker's just not your game, Ike. I know: let's have a spelling contest." - Doc Holliday

pieman

Don't worry I got a few tricks up my sleve though.

SenorPablo

So as i was putting together the box I found a few mistakes in my online virtual humidor.

- I had no Perdomo 2
- The Perdomo Series E was actually a series P
- I had no RP 1990s left.

I replaced the Perdomo 2 and the RP 1990 with a Cuban Pinar 3000.  This is a pre-embargo cigar.  So there will only e 14 cigars this go round.  I updated the list in the cigar pass:
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigpass;area=cigs;boxpass_id=29

Hopefully I'll get it out tomorrow.  I need to get a decent box first.

-Paul

SenorPablo

Everyone please make sure your addresses are correct on the Participants page of the Box Pass:
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigpass;area=mems;boxpass_id=29

BTW...only people who are members of the Box Pass can see this address information.  So you don't have to worry about it being exposed to everyone.

Thanks,
-Paul

mhuss

When is the Pass going to start?  I may need a few days or so to get a worthy-enough inventory to replace the cigars that I'll be taking.  Which of course means another trip up to CI!  Oh, what a shame, huh?   :cry:

SenorPablo

Sorry folks.  Work had overtaken me for a few days.  I'll ry to send it out tomorrow morn.

-Paul

Proph

It'll be a while before it gets to me, but how do you ship online with the shipping mentioned in the pass details?  

This is my first pass, so I dunno how to update it when I get it, do you just take out names and add names, or?

:smoker:
"Do not be too timid or squeamish about your actions, all life is an experiment." -Ralph W. Emerson

pieman

QuoteSenorPablo - 10/24/2007  4:36 PM

Sorry folks.  Work had overtaken me for a few days.  I'll ry to send it out tomorrow morn.

-Paul

What a slacker...I vote for MUTINY!!!!!!!

SenorPablo

Total slacker!  Who is this guy anyways?  :biggrin:

SenorPablo

QuoteProph - 10/24/2007  7:09 PM
This is my first pass, so I dunno how to update it when I get it, do you just take out names and add names, or?
:smoker:

Yep.  It's pretty easy.  Just take a few you want to try and replace them with ones from your stash that are of equal value.  Go to the pass here on the site and enter them.  Then transition it to the next person in the list on drop it in the mail.  Emails will go out notifying everyone in the pass thats its moving to the next person.  Let me know if you have any questions when it gets to you.

Cheers!
-Paul

SenorPablo

Ok folks.  It's on the way to Larry.  I have one water pillow charged in the tupperdore and I included another unused water pillow just in case.  Also, there are some Cigar Geeks business cards.  Feel free to take some and pass them along  :biggrin:

-Paul

ljlemer

What are premium robustos equivalent to? For example, you guys love RPs and I have several robustos I got in samplers. Assuming we are comparing a Churchill and a robusto, and the two as Churchills are of equal value...? What if the robusto and Churchill are of equivalent value?
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

SenorPablo

Quoteljlemer - 10/25/2007  1:22 PM

What are premium robustos equivalent to? For example, you guys love RPs and I have several robustos I got in samplers. Assuming we are comparing a Churchill and a robusto, and the two as Churchills are of equal value...? What if the robusto and Churchill are of equivalent value?

I know i'm not a stickler and it's certainly not an exact science.  The only point was not to take really good cigar and replace it with a piece of crap.  Doesn't matter to me if your puts are different shapes, sizes or colors than your takes.

-Paul

pieman

so no white owls eh?  

SenorPablo

LOL...No White Owls please

Anthony

QuoteSenorPablo - 10/26/2007  9:27 AM

LOL...No White Owls please

What about Black&Mild's ??   Phillies Blunts....?
_____

mhuss

Since I'm third on the list (really second to get the box), if Larry doesn't take the Opus, I'm gonna be all over that.  I know how rare and expensive an Opus is, so how would you guys like me to handle replacing it if/when I take it?  Are there some cigars in mind that you guys would like me to throw back in to replace it?  I do have some Cuban Montecristo's, so that's a definite option.  In addition to the Opus, there are obviously some others on the list that I'm interested in.  I don't want to take all the good ones, and I certainly don't want to rip you guys off, so just let me know what to do if/when I take that Opus (possibly others).  Thanks guys!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.