Pass the Sticks Cigar Pass

Started by SenorPablo, 10/20/2007 09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljlemer

QuoteSenorPablo - 10/25/2007  11:05 AM

Ok folks.  It's on the way to Larry.  I have one water pillow charged in the tupperdore and I included another unused water pillow just in case.  Also, there are some Cigar Geeks business cards.  Feel free to take some and pass them along  :biggrin:

-Paul

I found a pink registered letter slip in my mailbox. It said it was from Baykal. Is that you? I'll pick it up Saturday AM.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

SenorPablo

Quoteljlemer - 10/26/2007  3:58 PM

I found a pink registered letter slip in my mailbox. It said it was from Baykal. Is that you? I'll pick it up Saturday AM.

Don't think it is me.  Not sure what Baykal would be.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

SenorPablo

QuoteAnthony - 10/26/2007  9:55 AM

QuoteSenorPablo - 10/26/2007  9:27 AM

LOL...No White Owls please

What about Black&Mild's ??   Phillies Blunts....?

Sure.  Those are ok!  ;-)
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

ljlemer

QuoteSenorPablo - 10/26/2007  4:57 PM

-Paul

But you did send yours registered, righ?

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

QuoteSenorPablo - 10/26/2007  4:59 PM

QuoteAnthony - 10/26/2007  9:55 AM

QuoteSenorPablo - 10/26/2007  9:27 AM

LOL...No White Owls please

What about Black&Mild's ??   Phillies Blunts....?

Sure.  Those are ok!  ;-)

You'll eat those words.

Thomas Mann

SenorPablo

Quoteljlemer - 10/26/2007  5:00 PM

-Paul

But you did send yours registered, righ?

I sent it USPS Priority mail.

-Paul

SenorPablo

Quotemhuss - 10/26/2007  11:15 AM

Since I'm third on the list (really second to get the box), if Larry doesn't take the Opus, I'm gonna be all over that.  I know how rare and expensive an Opus is, so how would you guys like me to handle replacing it if/when I take it?  Are there some cigars in mind that you guys would like me to throw back in to replace it?  I do have some Cuban Montecristo's, so that's a definite option.  In addition to the Opus, there are obviously some others on the list that I'm interested in.  I don't want to take all the good ones, and I certainly don't want to rip you guys off, so just let me know what to do if/when I take that Opus (possibly others).  Thanks guys!

Again...i'm not a real stickler.  Just send what you think would be a fair replacement.  Anyone else can chime in if they like, but I have no illusions about the Opus coming back to me.

-Paul

ljlemer

Quotemhuss - 10/26/2007  11:15 AM

Since I'm third on the list (really second to get the box), if Larry doesn't take the Opus, I'm gonna be all over that.  I know how rare and expensive an Opus is, so how would you guys like me to handle replacing it if/when I take it?  Are there some cigars in mind that you guys would like me to throw back in to replace it?  I do have some Cuban Montecristo's, so that's a definite option.  In addition to the Opus, there are obviously some others on the list that I'm interested in.  I don't want to take all the good ones, and I certainly don't want to rip you guys off, so just let me know what to do if/when I take that Opus (possibly others).  Thanks guys!

Since I'm going to take it, I'll swap you a Cuban Montecristo for it. How's that? It's not cigarillo sized, is it?

Thomas Mann

mhuss

Quoteljlemer - 10/26/2007  5:14 PM

Since I'm going to take it, I'll swap you a Cuban Montecristo for it. How's that? It's not cigarillo sized, is it?

Larry, we never did get any talk going on a trade between you and I.  I can always try and get an Opus through other means.  If you really want it, you can hang onto it.  But we can certainly get something else going for a few of those Cuban Montecristo's I have.  What's your email address again?

mhuss

It's not cigarillo sized, is it?

I think I forgot to answer this question for you.  If you are asking about the Cuban Montecristo's I have, they are the No. 2 (which is a torpedo) and the No. 3 (which is a little smaller).  To tell you the truth, I'm not sure what kind of size a cigarillo is.  The No. 3 is 5.5 x 42, so it's a nice size.

ljlemer

Quotemhuss - 10/26/2007  9:36 PM

It's not cigarillo sized, is it?

What's your email address again?
I think I forgot to answer this question for you.  If you are asking about the Cuban Montecristo's I have, they are the No. 2 (which is a torpedo) and the No. 3 (which is a little smaller).  To tell you the truth, I'm not sure what kind of size a cigarillo is.  The No. 3 is 5.5 x 42, so it's a nice size.

The No. 3 is a corona. That's smaller than I ever smoke when I have a choice, but what the heck. I agree we should haggle privately. Maybe others are haggling with you too.
My email address is ljlemer at yahoo dot com. Cigarillo size varies, but it's basically cigarette size.

Thomas Mann

mhuss

The No. 3 is a corona. That's smaller than I ever smoke when I have a choice, but what the heck. I agree we should haggle privately. Maybe others are haggling with you too.
My email address is ljlemer at yahoo dot com. Cigarillo size varies, but it's basically cigarette size.

If a cigarillo is cigarette size, than no, the Montecristo's I have are not that small.  I have the torpedo size and the corona size.  You're right, the corona is a little small if you're used to smoking sizes like Churchill and whatnot.  I actually do not have anyone else haggling with me about any of the cigars I have.  I will contact you at your Yahoo address to start the talks.  By the way, I do have two of the No. 2's (the torpedo size), so I am willing to part with one of those and certainly one of the seven No. 3's that I have.  So if you're interested in trying out two different sizes, I am more than willing to include those in our talks if you like.

SenorPablo

Larry - can you please transition the cigar pass to mhuss in the system here:
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigpass;area=cigs;boxpass_id=29
(bottom of the page.)
I want to put the system through the wringer and make sure everything is working ok.  Let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks!
-Paul

ljlemer

-Paul

It was a hand-carved Meerschaum Pipe I ordered from Turkey. You can see it in one of the two new pics I uploaded. It's the white one.

Thomas Mann

monteclaro

Cool looking pipe.  Sounds real nice too.
Hmmm...what to smoke, what to smoke...
http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/default....mber=monteclaro

mhuss

Since this is the 'official' forum for our cigar pass, I'll post a message here, too, that I received it yesterday.  I have already decided on what to take and what to put back in.  I posted a seperate thread on this, as well.  You can hop on over there to see what I took and what I put in.  Or you can just hit the History tab on the Pass itself.  I guess there's no need to post the same information more than once.  I'll be sending the box back out today, and get it on its way up to Anthony in Rochester.

ljlemer

I see a tradition has started of adding more than we take. Mike did it too. Our cup is truly about to run over.

Thomas Mann

SenorPablo

It does seem to be a tradition.  I still want to emphasize that it is not mandatory.  I don't want people to feel like they must put more than they take, because it is really not the expectation.  The idea is just to be able to trade with folks in order to try new cigars.  

I certainly appreciate the extras coming back to me though.

Thanks!
-Paul

pieman

Who says they are going to make it to you!? It was all part of my master plan to take over the world...STEP 1: Steal tons of cigars. It's all comming together MUWA HA HA!
www.myspace.com/johnnypieman

"It seems poker's just not your game, Ike. I know: let's have a spelling contest." - Doc Holliday

mhuss

Quoteljlemer - 11/1/2007  10:31 AM

Our cup is truly about to run over.

That's for sure!  I barely got the lid back on the container to send it back out!

theoldcc

Quotepieman - 11/1/2007  5:50 PM

Who says they are going to make it to you!? It was all part of my master plan to take over the world...STEP 1: Steal tons of cigars. It's all comming together MUWA HA HA!

Not even funny.  :-0  It's happened before.
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

SenorPablo

Quotemhuss - 11/1/2007  8:41 PM
That's for sure!  I barely got the lid back on the container to send it back out!

I guess I should have started with a bigger box.  

Also, when you send it out, don't forget to transition it to the next member.  That's done on the bottom of the cigars page where you entered the puts and takes.

-Paul

Anthony

I can transition the pass to a bigger a box, I have plenty of packing materials...  Anyway, I'll probably have to  :shades:
_____

pieman

Quoteccforme - 11/1/2007  9:17 PM

Quotepieman - 11/1/2007  5:50 PM

Not even funny.  :-0  It's happened before.

I don't find that hard to believe but it seems odd for that to happen in this type of a community. Strange people in this world I guess.
www.myspace.com/johnnypieman

"It seems poker's just not your game, Ike. I know: let's have a spelling contest." - Doc Holliday

mhuss

QuoteSenorPablo - 11/1/2007  9:49 PM
Also, when you send it out, don't forget to transition it to the next member.  That's done on the bottom of the cigars page where you entered the puts and takes.

-Paul

I will do that as soon as I am finished typing this reply.  Sorry that I didn't do it sooner.  I worked tonight until 8.  I had to ask my wife to mail it for me since I was working so late.  But then again, I usually work until 11, so tonight was an early night!  But anyway, I will hop on over there and transition the Pass right now.  Again, sorry for the delay.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.