It's Your Birthday

Started by Chrism305, 02/05/2015 08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmac7754

QuoteVroomp - 2/7/2015  7:48 AM  Seems we did one similar to this a year or two back. Might I suggest numbering the sticks in each color for the folks from the GWN to pick virtually? When a stick is taken it is replaced with a stick with the same number so they can pick red#5, blue#2, etc....... :?:

That was Chris's pass too, it was the Yankee Swap Pass back in 2012.  Very Fun.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

bmac7754

Chris, is each color representing the 4 groups.  So say if red was ISOM's, and a person doesn't own any they would stay away from that one color.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

bmac7754

Never mind, answered my own question.  Just saw your cigar lineup.

Chrism305

Since it looks like I can kick this off early I am going to. The one change is that I would like to start with Mark in the Great White North. The Canadians are usually last so I will give him first crack at it. This way if the mountie's intercept it's only my sticks at risk. I can also leave the pass open for some stragglers while also beginning the pass.

Mark I can also give you the choice of going virtual or old school. I can send the whole thing to you or just your virtual picks. Just let me know.

After Mark I will have the pass order based on points.

Vroomp

Thanks for the invite Chris but, I need to sit this one out....... :-(
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Brlesq

Appreciate the invitation, Chris, but I am sitting out passes for a while.  Have fun!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Chrism305

OK Jeff makes number 15. The pass order has been updated and it's time for kick-off.

ninfiction

Excellent, really excited for this. Such a cool idea.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Chrism305

OK Mark here is a numbered pic to help you choose. I have transitioned the pass to you and will post shipping info after you have made your takes. 

No one else needs to label the cigars when they get it. I only did it for Mark because his end is virtual.

Rammstein142

"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

bmac7754

Looks like Christmas going on with all those gifts.  We are off and rolling, should be a good time Chris.

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Chrism305

In general:
Do your puts and takes just like normal through the site. Just use the same name for your put and your take.
For example Take: Red Paper $5 - $10 (1), Put: Red Paper $5 - $10 (1).

horrido

Ok guys ready to go will ship out Tuesday since its holiday weekend here just getting some of the details out of the way. With my puts you won't be disappointed but all please note snail mail can be upto two weeks customs etc. let the birthday begin.....lol
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Chrism305

OK Mark I sent your takes an hour ago. Customs form #LC644578496US

horrido

QuoteChrism305 - 2/18/2015  1:59 PM

My stuff is on the way don't want to say too much about it but I beleive people will be very happy and then some. I sent extra just because I can't count worth a crap - geek math. :-0  :biggrin: oh ya Eric will be very pleasured by what he gets.....lol
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

NebNorse

Quotehorrido - 2/24/2015  5:11 PM

My stuff is on the way don't want to say too much about it but I beleive people will be very happy and then some. I sent extra just because I can't count worth a crap - geek math. :-0  :biggrin: oh ya Eric will be very pleasured by what he gets.....lol

That is what she said...   :biggrin:
"I'll come back as soon as I can with as much as I can. In the meantime, you've got to hold!" - As spoken to General Wainright by General MacArthur in March of 1942

My Cigar smells better than YOUR FEEDLOT!

horrido

Hi Chris I checked my mail this morning and it arrived safely. Thanks again I will open it when I get home and take some pics when did you want me to post them right away or wait all geeks receive them?

Also, I will pm tracking number I put 8 sticks in as a few extras and 1 is for Eric wish list. I have a leeter with it to explain all data needed.  I did not wrap the sticks in the paper since I didn't have any those colors. I wanted to keep the package as small as possible even at that it was 16 bucks to ship. Man you guys are so damn lucky not to pay these outrageous prices we do.

Regards,

Mark
-- Cuban saying

Chrism305

I will take care of wrapping your stuff and setting apart Erick's gift. You can post pics of your haul whenever you want.

NebNorse

Awesome! And THANK YOU!   :party:  :smoker:
"I'll come back as soon as I can with as much as I can. In the meantime, you've got to hold!" - As spoken to General Wainright by General MacArthur in March of 1942

horrido

All right this is what showed up in my mail and customs were nice this time around. Thanks again for allowing me to partake in its "My Birthday" macho appreciated.
-- Cuban saying

Longhorn

Rammstein142

"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

NebNorse

ninfiction

Wow, off to a great start!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.