I will take 2 boxes

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

SenorPablo

Quoteshakinghorizons - 2/13/2015  9:35 AM

Is it possible to share tasting notes?

I took the time to really do a more thorough review using the format of our Geek Critique to give it more justice and to give you guys more to think about.  It will probably become obvious I am a fan of this cigar.  BUT, I am also intimately involved with it so consider the source, of course.  :-)  I really did try to leave any bias out.

-Paul

Pre-Light:
Nice looking wrapper that was slightly veiny and a tight firm roll.  Had a somewhat sweet, earthy aroma.  Cut was not necessary for me.  As I tend to do with pig tails, I just pinch the pig tail off and it leaves a nice opening to draw on.  Draw was easy and had a pre-light taste of a hint of cocoa or unsweetened baking chocolate.

Light & Burn:
As is usual with a closed foot, it lights easily and the closed foot helps it light evenly as well.  The burn was great and stayed straight the whole way down.  I think I touched it up maybe once, but probably wasn't necessary as it's just the OCD side of me coming through.  Ash was very solid and stayed put until tapped off, and even then sometimes didn't want to drop with the tap.

Construction:
As noted from the pre-light, light, and burn, this is a well put together cigar.  That shouldn't be surprising as Reinado is known for quality construction and it is the same torcedores building this one.  Has a firm solid feel to it.  I didn't detect any soft spots.  Wrapper had no splits and slightly veiny.  Pig tail head was put together well.  Burn was fairly even.  Draw was excellent - not tight and not too loose.

Flavor:
It starts out with more of a medium body smoke with an earthy flavor and hints of sweet cocoa/coffee and tobacco flavors.  There is also a slight black pepper spice to it.  

As it moves to the second third it takes on a stronger sweeter cocoa flavor and more of a nice leather taste with the undertones of earthiness still there.  The black pepper seems to have dropped a bit.

The last third it really develops an even more complex flavor profile with the cocoa and leather really taking on a more sweet flavor.  The black pepper is still there and may have picked a slight bit towards the end becoming more of a medium-full strength.

Summary:
Overall I'm pretty happy with this stick.  Seems to follow the typical Reinado quality, a medium to medium-full body, and a nice flavor profile that shows complexity that changes a bit from beginning to end.  Obviously, consider the source.  I am intimately tied to this thing and have a sense of pride for energy I've put into it.  I tried to separate my bias in the review, but I am human.  :-)
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

SenorPablo

QuoteBrlesq - 2/13/2015  10:38 AM

Looks great Paul, and I like the size.

What is the blend?

This is a Nicaraguan Puro with a Habano Maduro wrapper.  It is much like the Grand Enterprise Reserve blend but with a little tweak in the blend and age of the tobacco, plus the first ever closed foot for Reinado.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Camshaft83

Thanks for the critique. It sounds very tasty.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Ted

Sounds delicious!  :bigthumbs:

Smurf

I will take 2 boxes as well
orbis non sufficit

ThinBlueLine

Put me down for a box
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

Michaelbevans61

Looks great! really looking forward to this! really really can't wait to get my hands on a box of these things!
Rock and roll is no genre, rock and roll? .......my friends rock and roll is a way of life!
Brent Smith, Shinedown

mpurtle01

Box me brother.  Can't wait!

Otter

I'm in for a box, great work Paul!

:bigthumbs:
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

nkowal

Awesome to see. Definitely in for at least 1 box.

cavenbk

Thanks for the review Paul! Can't wait to try these out.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

nwb

Glad this is getting close to being released!  I'm in for a couple of boxes. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

ebernabe

very nice looking cigar.

Cfickter

count me in for a box
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Brlesq

Quotenwb - 3/1/2015  9:02 PM

Glad this is getting close to being released!  I'm in for a couple of boxes. :biggrin:

Welcome to CG!  You need to be an active forum member to participate in this.  Please post an introduction.  

:biggrin:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

ntanner

QuoteBrlesq - 3/1/2015  8:13 PM

Welcome to CG!  You need to be an active forum member to participate in this.  Please post an introduction.  

:lmao:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

BewareDaPenguin

Those look good :smoker: nice work!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

timpellis

If this counts as the order thread I am in for a box for sure!

nwb

QuoteBrlesq - 3/1/2015  10:13 PM

Just for you, Bruce. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Longhorn

I'm in for a box and/or split with someone.

bmac7754

I Want a box too. Speaking of that, Paul do you have plans on the packaging yet. Wondering if it's a wooden box or cardboard or mazos?
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Ted

I'll take a box as well!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.