CigarGeeks Fantasy Baseball League 2015

Started by StogieDad, 03/25/2015 09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo66

Shyte, saw this late, would have played although I know nothing of fantasy leagues.

All I can say is the Expos are going to win it all this year :biggrin:
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

StogieDad

QuoteMojo66 - 3/31/2015  3:51 PM

Shyte, saw this late, would have played although I know nothing of fantasy leagues.

All I can say is the Expos are going to win it all this year :biggrin:

I think I can still add a team if you want in brother.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Mojo66

QuoteStogieDad - 3/31/2015  3:56 PM  
QuoteMojo66 - 3/31/2015  3:51 PM  Shyte, saw this late, would have played although I know nothing of fantasy leagues.  All I can say is the Expos are going to win it all this year :biggrin:
I think I can still add a team if you want in brother.

Sure, I'm in. The more the merrier, right? I'll PM my email.

Now someone please tell me where I can't get some good basic info on how to do this so I don't look completely out of my league :shy:  

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

sjn1117

I am ready. This is gonna be a good year!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

johncw

Quotenirab - 3/26/2015  10:23 AM

How about a losers pack? Everyone includes a dog rocket or two, and that "prize pack" goes to the geek with the worst record...just a thought.  :angel:

Or a whole box of dog rockets  :biggrin:

ebernabe

Thanks for letting me play.  When do you want the prize pack sent?

Caveman Steve

OK

Draft is done

Now......what do I do???

I don't see any instructions, or a tutorial on setting a line-up

Sorry, I'm a confused rookie. 

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

Mojo66

QuoteCaveman Steve - 4/4/2015  6:47 AM  

OK

Draft is done

Now......what do I do???

You and me both brother. What to do now :confused:

I am realizing I am (and was) a better ball player than a manager  :biggrin:

sjn1117

It's actually pretty easy to follow once you get the hang of it. You move players around by hitting the M button and then the spot to move them to. Your starting pitchers will have a P next to their name if I remember right. The little clipboard icon means you need to read up on that player that day.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Cfickter

QuoteMojo66 - 4/4/2015  10:10 AM  
QuoteCaveman Steve - 4/4/2015  6:47 AM  

OK

Draft is done

Now......what do I do???

You and me both brother. What to do now :confused:

I am realizing I am (and was) a better ball player than a manager  :biggrin:

The system as it drafted would take the best player available and insert him onto that line up position.  So, theoretically oyur line up may be set with the best player in the best position.  Where you may need to look is what players may be hurt or on the disabled list (DL).  this would be a red set of letters after his name:
DTD = Day to DAY
DL15 = Disabled list for 15 days (same for DL30, DL60 just more days)
Move the ones you want to keep to the DL slots on your roster, just watch the DTD'ers they could be playing the next day

the second thing I look at is the bench, mine took three pitchers and only one position player I might want to get a better balance.

the league is set up pretty simple, so you really don't need to micro mange pitching since all of them (except the bench) are active.

Feel free to PM any questions

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Mojo66

Thanks Chuck and Stephen.

One thing I don't get though is even if I got 1st pick in the draft, I still ended up with Yoenis Cespedes as a 1st drafted player???
Why didn't I get Trout??? :-0  :cry:

Cfickter

Good question sine he was ranked #1
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Caveman Steve

QuoteMojo66 - 4/4/2015  11:12 AM  Thanks Chuck and Stephen.  One thing I don't get though is even if I got 1st pick in the draft, I still ended up with Yoenis Cespedes as a 1st drafted player??? Why didn't I get Trout??? :-0  :cry:

X2

StogieDad

Thanks for chiming in guys, not in much the last bit.  If you need any guidance guys, email on the Addy in my profile.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nkowal

QuoteCaveman Steve - 4/4/2015  11:57 AM

QuoteMojo66 - 4/4/2015  11:12 AM  Thanks Chuck and Stephen.  One thing I don't get though is even if I got 1st pick in the draft, I still ended up with Yoenis Cespedes as a 1st drafted player??? Why didn't I get Trout??? :-0  :cry:

X2

Wow that's odd. Did you mess with pre-draft rankings at all?

I'm in massive need of a 2B if anyone wants to deal me a quality one for Prince Fielder I'd be interested.

Mojo66

Quotenkowal - 4/4/2015  1:01 PM ....

Wow that's odd. Did you mess with pre-draft rankings at all?  I'm in massive need of a 2B if anyone wants to deal me a quality one for Prince Fielder I'd be interested.

I might have "played" with pre draft list and pick strategy a bit but I did not mess with the #1 pick on the list as it remained Trout and my first pick was set to best available. Maybe I accidentally did something I shouldn't have without realizing it, it was late and I was very tired.

Ah well, I still got a few I really wanted for no other reasons than Chauvinism (Russel Martin), Wishful thinking (Joey Votto) or, in David Ortiz's case, just plain favoritism as I've been a Red Sox fan ever since we lost our team and I love the "old man".

I do have a 2b I could spare btw, offer sent

ninfiction

Did we decide how many cigars to send? Dogrockets?

Also, If I change my lineup for tomorrow, does that lineup stay in effect until I change it again. I don't have to make daily changes if I don't want to right? 4 guys on the 15 DL to start, spectacular.

And do I need a DH, would he "play" in the utility spot?
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Caveman Steve

I supposedly have a "Bye".  Does that mean that nothing my players do right now counts for anything?

Caveman Steve

I supposedly have a "Bye".  Does that mean that nothing my players do right now counts for anything?

I actually hope so.  I only have 3 points today????  Most teams have WAAAAAYYYY more than that. 

johncw

Quoteninfiction - 4/6/2015  7:07 PM

Did we decide how many cigars to send? Dogrockets?

Also, If I change my lineup for tomorrow, does that lineup stay in effect until I change it again. I don't have to make daily changes if I don't want to right? 4 guys on the 15 DL to start, spectacular.

And do I need a DH, would he "play" in the utility spot?

once you put your team in it won't change until you change them... if you want you can go in for the next week and go day by day and put your line up in so you don't have to check back.

I think any player can go in the utility spot but would have to check that out.

johncw

QuoteCaveman Steve - 4/6/2015  8:11 PM

I actually hope so.  I only have 3 points today????  Most teams have WAAAAAYYYY more than that. 

yea you won't get a win or a loss.

nirab

I'm not sure how I landed the best player in baseball...but I ain't complaining!! Being an Angels fan, I am extremely happy!!  :angel:  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Caveman Steve

Boy,

Am I glad I have a "bye" this week.  My team scored a total of 1 point on opening day.  The next lowest total was 34.  Is this possible?  Is my team THAT bad, or did they just have an "off" day from top to bottom.  What The H-E- Double Hockey Sticks is going on here.!!

ninfiction

Cigars...what did we decide? Just the 10?
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.