Bomb Squad #2: Reports from the field

Started by BlackIrish, 09/08/2009 07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackIrish

(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

mhuss

Wow, Eddie, that is very amazing!  I had absoutely no idea this cigar was a Nat Sherman.  To be completely honest with you, I never really had the best impression or thoughts about Nat Sherman cigars.  The only other one I smoked previous to this one was their Harrington.  I smoked it back in April of 08 and wasn't impressed at all.  In fact, I said, "Not a good cigar at all, I was very disappointed."  Also, I wrote that it was an "unenjoyable and unpleasant smoke."  But this one was quite the opposite!  I think it really helped that it was a maduro cigar.  I really love maduro's, as I think just about everyone on this site knows by now.  I really did enjoy this cigar.  Thanks Eddie for including me in this experience!

BlackIrish

I'm glad to expand your horizons. I understand the skepticism around Nat Sherman and, unfortunately, it's generally well-deserved. The Metropolitan Selection in a maduro wrapper, however, is a good medium bodied cigar with some flavor. I sent it blind precisely so you could try it without the prejudice that comes from seeing the Nat Sherman band.  Note, BTW, that the ones that I sent had a year of age on them.

The other ones that are decent are the 1400 Series and the Omerta. These are made with Nicaraguan tobacco and have more flavor than the others. They're not Illusiones or Tatuajes but they're pretty good.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

nwb

QuoteBlackIrish - 9/26/2009  10:28 AM

I'm glad to expand your horizons. I understand the skepticism around Nat Sherman and, unfortunately, it's generally well-deserved. The Metropolitan Selection in a maduro wrapper, however, is a good medium bodied cigar with some flavor. I sent it blind precisely so you could try it without the prejudice that comes from seeing the Nat Sherman band.  Note, BTW, that the ones that I sent had a year of age on them.

The other ones that are decent are the 1400 Series and the Omerta. These are made with Nicaraguan tobacco and have more flavor than the others. They're not Illusiones or Tatuajes but they're pretty good.

Eddie - is this the same vitola you sent in our trade?

nwb
Chief of Shaft

BlackIrish

Hey, Nathan. Yes, I included one in the package I sent to you. Figured you might want to try one after reading the blind reviews.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.